World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Black Desert has a thing where if you hit level cap (well, at least a goal cap like 60.. you can't actually hit the cap) then all your other characters on your account get a bonus so there's actually incentive to have multiple characters at a high level so your lower level characters have an easier time.

Or just make the process extremely long (and boring) with little to no reward and remind people that you sell character boosts. You know, either or.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I kinda expect the xp numbers to get tweaked as they have more people doing it on live and get a better feel of how fast progression is going so that by the time the allied races are available the leveling up curve will be smoother.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's what heirlooms are for, no?

They should introduce new ones tied to content, significantly increase XP when repeating it.

Reward us for completing the content, hasten the process for repeating it.
They nerfed heirlooms lmao

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prompt at new character. "New to World of Warcraft" "Skip to *current expansion*". Give the Skip a play by play of every expansion up till the most recent in a low cost cinematic and you can bet most people would be happy af.

That's already a thing. A $60 thing. Except the cinematic. That's just crazy talk.

• 1Like

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
If you're mount farming, don't kill Al'Akir too fast in Throne of the Four Winds or you won't get the flying buff and be able to loot the crystal. Was able to do this pre 7.3.5.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Prompt at new character. "New to World of Warcraft" "Skip to *current expansion*". Give the Skip a play by play of every expansion up till the most recent in a low cost cinematic and you can bet most people would be happy af.

They have this, it just costs $60.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Honestly I don't really get it. Some people are saying, "Hey leveling slower is fine plus I get to finish a zones quest line lololol." Well if you don't give a shit about leveling fast what stopped you from ditching the heirlooms and doing these quests before? Obviously by your own accord you weren't in a hurry. Plus it isn't like you can do every quest in every zone without reaching a point you out level the story. The levels scaling mobs is fine and if that slows things down a bit that is also fine it isn't like the level up process is a big part of the game since WoW has always been about max level content since forever.

I mean it isn't like fucking around with the leveling experience has turned people off before and made them quit in droves, "Cata" so why fuck with what isn't broken? Hell the free character boost with xpacs shows that anything out of the current content is something Blizz doesn't want you doing anyways.

What I don't get is why they want to buff old raids in a way that prevents max level players from Soloing them. Shit like Seige of Org and transmog shit probably keeps a fair number of casuals around, taking that away seems dumb.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'd say this was all accidental. I doubt they meant to make MoP raids harder or meant to flip flop normal/heroic mob health.

They've been terrible at releasing content this entire expansion. Legion launch was probably buggier than vanilla wow's launch.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Entire expansion has had really buggy patches, so not entirely surprised. But this patch seriously made it through QA

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760926709#post-1

As many players have noticed, changes to how creature health is determined in Patch 7.3.5 had a meaningful impact on some older raid content. This has been particularly noticeable in Warlords of Draenor and Mists of Pandaria raids. We’ve been discussing this topic constantly since the first threads popped up after the patch.

We want to be clear: our intention was never to greatly increase the difficulty of soloing old raid content for transmog or mount runs, but a side effect of the creature health tuning we did for leveling players. We’re currently working on a fix that will significantly reduce the health of Warlords and Mists raid bosses.

Thank you for all of your feedback and discussion on this issue. We’re sorry for the frustration, and we’re working to have you all back in there beating down those old raid bosses as soon as possible (hopefully before the weekend).

Good to hear, but Cataclysm got some buffs too (Firelands more than Dragon Soul for some reason) and it appears Icecrown bosses are getting the +30% buff as well as players.

• 1Like

Nex

Molten Core Raider
X9bOESt.jpg

Ahhh yaaa..

• 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Artificially manipulating the difficulty of a game always makes it feel off for me. Simply unequiping heirlooms would give me that feeling. You need to feel like the rules that you are subject to are those of the world, and not of the player. This "just gimp yourself this way for that experience" argument has never held much water to me.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Artificially manipulating the difficulty of a game always makes it feel off for me. Simply unequiping heirlooms would give me that feeling. You need to feel like the rules that you are subject to are those of the world, and not of the player. This "just gimp yourself this way for that experience" argument has never held much water to me.

I agree with that to an extent but would you want the experience for everyone to change because you didn't like to play in a way you feel is less than optimal?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone else crashing fairly often when trying to loot green AP items from Argus bosses? Been happening to me quite frequently since the patch.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree with that to an extent but would you want the experience for everyone to change because you didn't like to play in a way you feel is less than optimal?

Nein! My tastes are the best tastes, and everyone should play the way I like!

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Started an undead warlock. Between Tirisfall and Silverpine got lvl 30. The experience is very similar to recent xpacs where you just follow the quests. Nothing special really, but it is my first undead so I'm enjoying the content I haven't seen.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Dungeons are not worth it while levelling, doing an ele shaman with hierlooms, trash lives long enough to get 4-5 earthquakes down. For comparison, stuff rarely lived long enough to even build enough maelstrom for 1 before.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider

If it means de-trivializing content - sure. I don't think it's necessary to be completely histrionic and say that people who like leveling this way simply feel the need to impose their taste on everyone else. I think it's more about bringing attention to the fact that a lot of content that is relevant to the experience of this type of game has been trivialized as the game has evolved. Wanting a languid, gradual progression outside of the end game doesn't feel like a huge ask when you consider the logic behind making a game an RPG to begin with.

If we take this convenience argument far enough, why have the level experience at all? There has to be a happy medium between "I only want to play 10 hours to hit cap" and "THAT SHIT SHOULD TAKE EONS". I think the pacing is difficult to figure out, but the system that was in place before(endless LFD spam) was lame, and it made a huge chunk of that classic solo leveling experience disappear. If you liked it, and you say that it needs to come back, then you're just arguing that my taste is wrong and wanting everyone to play your way.