World of Warcraft: Current Year

Jox

Molten Core Raider
My only interest in the game now is m+ so I just hope they balance all the dungeons so that classes with only 3 minute defensives aren't fucked all expansion.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The GCD change is going to be incredibly annoying unless they design classes so that different cooldowns are better suited to be used at different times in your "rotation" rather than stacking them all at once for huge burst. I still shudder at the thought of every class playing like an Unholy DK. Their opener and burn phases are annoying as hell because every single cooldown is on the GCD.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i think 90ish is where we killed him at, but we were slightly ahead of the curve. If im not mistaken we went from wiping at 30 to killing him, i retired after our first 2 nights of runs on him, not due to the fight, just drained from WoW in general.

get ready for 700+ wipes on Argus after =p

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Noodle server transferred to join a better raiding guild?!

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Noodle server transferred to join a better raiding guild?!

giphy.gif
I had a moment a few weeks ago where I decided I was done leading foh. Quite frankly I was doing them a disservice and I lost the passion awhile back. I decided to pursue my own interests outside of FOH.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
i think 90ish is where we killed him at, but we were slightly ahead of the curve. If im not mistaken we went from wiping at 30 to killing him, i retired after our first 2 nights of runs on him, not due to the fight, just drained from WoW in general.

get ready for 700+ wipes on Argus after =p
I think the main problem is just the guild keeps changing strats on the adds and people are inconsistent because of it.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
You will love the aids that Argus provides. 200 pulls in, finally getting through phase 1 consistently and cleanly making the dps check but now all the wipes are 7-8 minutes into the fight.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I had a moment a few weeks ago where I decided I was done leading foh. Quite frankly I was doing them a disservice and I lost the passion awhile back. I decided to pursue my own interests outside of FOH.
Yeah, we're much better off now that we're not doing anything until BfA.

It's okay to lose the passion and all -- everyone goes through this -- but don't try to pass this whole thing off as selfless. That's ridiculous. When you left, the guild was done for this expansion, and you knew that.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i watched a lot of my guilds attempts on argus, their big hurdle initially was the same one you overcame, getting him to phase2 without getting the next wave of circles. then they struggled for a while on phase 2, then struggled on phase 3 killing the orbs, then when you finally learn all of phase 3 you wipe another 40 times (10 minute wipes) in the 1-4% bracket because you need the rng gods to smile on your dps before the 6th orb blows you up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah, we're much better off now that we're not doing anything until BfA.

It's okay to lose the passion and all -- everyone goes through this -- but don't try to pass this whole thing off as selfless. That's ridiculous. When you left, the guild was done for this expansion, and you knew that.
It's not selfless. I wanted more. I also got tired of dealing with bullshit.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
When I come back for a month (maybe 2) in BfA I expect to be a part of some rag-tag something with Noodle involved.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the guilds going to be doing some normal/heroic stuff on off-days where most mythic raid. I won't be there as leader or any official capacity but if I can I'd love to catch up with people.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
At the moment, the plan is to do what sustained us for most of this expansion, raiding Normal/Heroic on Fri/Mon and a Fun Run some other night. Probably Wednesday, since most of the Mythic guilds run Tues/Thurs.

We'll talk about it more as August approaches, but that's the plan for now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am not sure what to expect of the guild for BfA but what bullshit did you guys really have to deal with? I mean the guild is full of fairly decent adults it isn't like it was a kids being a pain in the dick or something. Really shit was running smoothly as a heroic guild and even decently as Mythic. Who knows maybe it seemed different as a regular member but there really was never much drama.

nazon

Molten Core Raider
I had a good experience . Only reason I left FoH on Hyjal was to go back to the Alliance and play with RL friend.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I am not sure what to expect of the guild for BfA but what bullshit did you guys really have to deal with? I mean the guild is full of fairly decent adults it isn't like it was a kids being a pain in the dick or something. Really shit was running smoothly as a heroic guild and even decently as Mythic. Who knows maybe it seemed different as a regular member but there really was never much drama.

People have different levels of expectations. That's always been the main issue throughout the expansion, as the guild has a "fluid" playerbase. People come-and-go and contribute at different speeds. The guild is at its core, a community gathering. This runs into conflict with taking Mythic seriously because you need to be more professional and have to make hard decisions. Of course that's difficult when you're surrounded by friends.

The idea I pushed for BfA was to keep the guild "softcore" with a goal on heroic endgame, keeping similar raid days. The idea to avoid Tue/Thurs since those are major mythic guild days, and allowing people to have a "professional" character they play with a mythic guild, and "casual" characters they can raid and have fun with us. Heroic doesn't have a strict 20-man need, so there's no heavy obligations. FoH as a guild and a community works best with bros just doing good gaming together. If you make it stricter, then you just put stress on the relationships.

But we'll see, maybe it'll all blow over by then and dudes put together a serious raid or everyone gets too bored of BfA to bother doing much at all.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's hard to tell people that are underperforming to fuck off, it's even harder when you have nobody to replace them anyways because we raid retarded days for 90% of the rest of the playerbase. For mythic, at least.

I'm just happy we got as far as we did, needed a reason to take a break from the game anyways.