World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
They made leveling fucking horrendous in this game pre-100 so have fun with that.

Would laugh if the catch up mechanic before BFA is a 110 Boost discount sale.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They made leveling fucking horrendous in this game pre-100 so have fun with that.

Would laugh if the catch up mechanic before BFA is a 110 Boost discount sale.

Welcome to patch 8.0! We've made leveling faster and easier for new and returning players by adding experience boost potions to the Blizzard store! Now you can catch up to your friends in no time at all for the low price of 10 USD per potion. These potions last an amazing 2 hours and offer 300% increased exp! Get a sack o' ten at the heavily discounted price of 97 USD!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not disagreeing it can be done in a week. But it takes a lot of effort to do it that fast. Emissaries everyday, Lots of M+, all the raid difficulties. It slows down considerably at around weapon level 68 and at 72 it becomes a chore. You'd have to play that character quite a lot in that week to get from fresh 110 to 75 traits. If you're playing at a more casual pace it will take closer to a month.

Then take that and extrapolate it over the course of years of new expansions.
Yeah, they totally wouldn't just increase artifact research levels. There is no way around it.

Khane

Adding new AK levels to the existing system is not a solution. It's a treadmill of monotony. If takes so little effort anyway why not just give it to players at max level immediately? And now you've got the problem of ability bloat or it's just +% better through concordance. There is no point in creating a system like that, why should we just keep increasing the +stats we get on concordance procs?

You're arguing that it's cool to have something to work towards at max level (it is), but then saying the solution around all the problems a system like that creates over time is to eliminate the need to work for it by making it trivial through artifact knowledge gains.

Last edited:

Jox

Molten Core Raider
No one playing wow wants some AA grinding shit, the stupidity of artifacts and legendaries holding back changing specs or characters in legion was bad enough.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're arguing that it's cool to have something to work towards at max level (it is), but then saying the solution around all the problems a system like that creates over time is to eliminate the need to work for it by making it trivial through artifact knowledge gains.

That's not what I am saying at all. You made a retarded statement saying it took a long time to catch up and now you are moving your fences and deflecting.

Even with server-wide AK it still makes switching characters a chore in the one expansion it exists in. No thanks.

Khane

That's not what I am saying at all. You made a retarded statement saying it took a long time to catch up and now you are moving your fences and deflecting.

Haha, that's how you interpreted that quote? Well then.

The correct metaphor is "moving the goalposts" by the way.

Oh, and that literally is exactly what you said

Yeah, they totally wouldn't just increase artifact research levels. There is no way around it.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Challenge appearances was probably the best solo content they've put in this game. I don't see why they don't expand on it. Anyone in Alpha know of anything similar?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha, that's how you interpreted that quote? Well then.

The correct metaphor is "moving the goalposts" by the way.

Oh, and that literally is exactly what you said
So when you said leveling artifact power was a chore what did you mean?

Khane

Why don't you quit FoH and move to an argument on another forum then? You goddamn Benedict Cumberbatch!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
Uh... with 'just' 11 110s, I have made close to 14m gold this expansion, from the Order Halls.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They need to triple the BLP or rate we acquire Wakening Essence. It's less than 4 months until BfA release, let us get our toys and play with them before they're taken away.

I've been pretty active on my slut elf since the preorder came out and I still only have 8 out of 20+ legendaries for my class. I'd love to roll another class but there's pretty much no chance they will get the "fun" legendaries before BfA at this point.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You get a legendary a week if you log in every day and do your random Heroic and Battleground and follow up weekly with your emissaries and Argus. For most people that's a legendary every week and a half because most of us have lives and do some other stuff. That's pretty fast already.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Why don't you quit FoH and move to an argument on another forum then? You goddamn Benedict Cumberbatch!
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users