World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Prydaz is like, the perfect "first legendary" to have drop for an alt. Shores up your squishiness issues while gearing, and has great secondary stat bumps, and gives you a safe place to socket your Main Stat gem if you're a spec that still uses it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Prydaz is like, the perfect "first legendary" to have drop for an alt. Shores up your squishiness issues while gearing, and has great secondary stat bumps, and gives you a safe place to socket your Main Stat gem if you're a spec that still uses it.

Prydaz is amazeballs for argus hunting. Lots of stats and the survivability it gives is fucking enormous. My enhance shaman is pretty well geared but I still run it on her when soloing because it just makes sliver elite hunting so much less annoying.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm glad they're semi-replicating it on some of the leveling Azurite Gear by giving you the shield as a generic option.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The shield from the Azurite leveling gear is currently worthless. I really hope it gets a buff, as it doesn't even cover a single hit from most mobs. On my DK, it's a 645 hp shield, when dps spec at 112 has 45,000 hp.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Well, i fucking love Balance, Unholy, and Demo on Beta

I guess I'm splitting efforts between multiple toons, but really only want to do 2. So i'm thinking lock and DK. This is strictly because Lock is the more badass looking ranged class now that I scored mythic BRF shoulders/helm xmogs, but then again, balance is REALLY fun to play, and I enjoy feral quite a bit plus I like to heal every now and again, but Beartanks are ZZZzzzz from what I hear.

Must. Narrow. To. Two. Toons.

Last edited:

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Current KB for classes as they stand now? Been out of the game for most of the last expansion.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
*sigh* I felt obliged to make a Void Elf Shadow Priest... it just seemed like a natural sort of thing to do.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Godamn Fury is so fucking nice now on beta. My favorite melee dps spec in BFA. Now if only they would do something better with prot I would definitely play a warrior for BFA.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, i fucking love Balance, Unholy, and Demo on Beta

I guess I'm splitting efforts between multiple toons, but really only want to do 2. So i'm thinking lock and DK. This is strictly because Lock is the more badass looking ranged class now that I scored mythic BRF shoulders/helm xmogs, but then again, balance is REALLY fun to play, and I enjoy feral quite a bit plus I like to heal every now and again, but Beartanks are ZZZzzzz from what I hear.

Must. Narrow. To. Two. Toons.

You’ll play 6 and like it!

Rime

<Donor>
They have disabled /follow commands in ALL PvP situations on the beta. Previously, it was disabled for rated PVP/Ashran. This will lock it out of everything PvP related. Multiboxers raging.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Warlock is 956 now, finding groups is a pain in the ass. Monk is ~2300 M+ score since i dont really push keys but with 2300 + being 975 + being able to link cutting edge i can get into just about whatever group i que for as a tank. with the warlock, even with it showing as my main being 2300 you won't get invited to anything higher than a +10 since most groups are "960+ 3k+ score only" or you get stuck with a bunch of 500 score players who stand in bad shit and dont know how to dodge mechanics. got into a +15 DHT on the warlock where i was the lowest Ilevel but doing the most dps (yes warlocks are brokenly good right now) but i was pulling 25%+ of the groups damage on packs and sitting around 1.6mill sustained on bosses, but the group couldn't get past the dragon since 2 dps would die to every earth shaking roar, or would stand in the breath.

Same goes for raids, i que for pug heroic and while some have success, fights like Varimathras (IE get plague, just move) seemed too difficult for pugs to grasp. getting invited into a Heroic is also a lesson in futility since they see 956 warlock and even with being able to link 11/11m cutting edge you won't get invited. however every pug i've been invited to i've been in the top 5 dps. It just doesn't make sense.

lets talk about logs, my monk has 90+ logs for most fights in mythic (dps), with Argus and Coven dragging me down since i wore defensive legos. as a warlock they see my logs as an up and coming main and its constantly going to be sub 40%, just because im doing the fights and being compared to 970+ locks who have things on farm status. if you sort by Ilevel i am top 90% again, but people looking for groups aren't doing that level of research.

raider.io score is one of the shittiest things the community has done (right next to gearscore), i'm still pushing for some kind of "proving ground" similar to the mage tower but geared toward your ilevel that tests raid based mechanics.

for example have a target dummy that as a tank you have to taunt every time your offtank gets a debuff - it teaches you basic tank swap mechanics. or as a dps when you have a debuff you move away from the other dps before you explode. or have stationary adds spawn around a room that you have to dps instead of tunneling a boss. mirror some of the mechanics after whatever the current raid is, call it the goblin/gnome danger room or something. the game just needs something to teach bads.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree with Raider.Io being an awful metric. It doesn't measure anything worth measuring. Like oh, you bought carries for the last 10 weeks and have a 15 in every dungeon? Good for you, if you pull 300k DPS it means nothing.

The whole pug situation in the game right now is awful. I was pugging a normal Antorus on my Durrid yesterday just to get him some tanking gear. He's like 948 or something. We get to Vari and the other tank misses a taunt so I go down. He battle Reses me but by the time I take it he's dead. He gets upset and kicks me from the group. Like who kicks people in normal?

Was on my DH (963 tank) and a guildie asks to tank an M+ for him. It's a +13 so what the heck, why not. It's Dark Heart. Literally every pack I want to skip, even the ones where I imprison mobs on, the pug dps pulls them. Everyone in the group was 940+. We ended up missing the time by like 3 minutes. When guys would die they would release and pull the same pack we skipped back and die before they got back to us. Like you aren't even just low damage, you are pulling shit that doesn't need to be pulled. Like you can't walk in a straight line....

I was doing LFR yesterday. On Agrammaar I got up to 22 stacks. Like dude, do you have DBM installed? After the 8th stack hits it literally tells you to taunt every stack so you missed 14 alerts in DBM?

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yea i ended up just paying 70k for +15 carries on the lock after getting fed up with looking for a group for an hour. the gold is worth less than my time.

It's the end of the expansion so i expect a lot of rerolls, but the pug situation right now is probably the worst i've seen it. one of the Vari (heroic) groups i was in someone said "mythic raiders are so toxic, they want people to know everything about a fight"...the group then proceeded to wipe 5 times before i bailed. Most of the fights in Heroic ABT are puggable fairly easily, they aren't nearly the level of ToS (god rest your soul if you tried to pug that). the fights generally require you to know one or two things maximum.

I should be at the ilevel (960) for my guilds Mythic alt runs now, but they generally stop at Eonar (Imoner if we have some mains in the raid) so hopefully thatll give me an ilevel boost so my parses and logs don't look so terrible.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll never understand why they didn't expand on the whole proving grounds idea and expand it for training purposes and allowing more readable metrics other then linking cutting edge and M+ scores and logs.

It's funny because their entire restructuring of everything balance wise and progression wise always revolves around "Well 90% of the population is horrible so we're lowering the bar" instead of lifting said population through other means. I mean we'd all be shit too if we didn't get information from like 100 other sources out of game.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah raider.io is a bunch shit, but once the community has something like it available, not much can be done to reel it back. My favorite is when just getting a weekly +15 done on my warrior I'll queue up for a bunch of pugs and more often than not I am getting denied by people who have lower score than I do. I guess they're just holding out for those who have high scores that will come and carry them? I mean most of the time being around 970+ and linking mythic kills gets me into raid groups on my warrior, hell even got into a pug mythic raid on my DK for Gorathi/Dogs. But when it comes to M+, I feel that I am wasting more time looking for groups than I feel I should be.

I'll also never understand why they got rid of the proving grounds as it did in some way show that said person has at least some understandings of what the hell they are doing when it comes to their role/class. I guess too many people complained that they felt like they needed to have it, since everyone would look for it when hosting pugs?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
its just hard to imagine how bad 90% of the playerbase is. i've played this expansion pretty insulated and pretty much always had 3-4 guildies in normal/heroic runs to carry dps and as an overgeared tank i could power through having shitty co-tanks. Now that my guild doesn't really do Heroic/Normal on a regular basis and nobody logs on except for the 2 raid nights a week we dropped to, i'm having to dive head first into the cesspool that is pugs.

Blizz implementing something to raise up the lowest 90% would be helpful, add something to the interface that would give a brief rotation description, or do some kind of hand holding in LFR (have it use Normal mechanics but show players how they have to handle stuff) like i mentioned the plague on vari, have it say "move out of the raid, stand in the circles when you have this". but then even if that existed would people even look at it?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea i ended up just paying 70k for +15 carries on the lock after getting fed up with looking for a group for an hour. the gold is worth less than my time.

It's the end of the expansion so i expect a lot of rerolls, but the pug situation right now is probably the worst i've seen it. one of the Vari (heroic) groups i was in someone said "mythic raiders are so toxic, they want people to know everything about a fight"...the group then proceeded to wipe 5 times before i bailed. Most of the fights in Heroic ABT are puggable fairly easily, they aren't nearly the level of ToS (god rest your soul if you tried to pug that). the fights generally require you to know one or two things maximum.

I should be at the ilevel (960) for my guilds Mythic alt runs now, but they generally stop at Eonar (Imoner if we have some mains in the raid) so hopefully thatll give me an ilevel boost so my parses and logs don't look so terrible.
Heroic is still hard for some people. I'm in a heroic only guild that started in April and we haven't finished it. I'm probably the only core raider without Ahead of the Curve in my guild but I'm always parsing in the purple and orange with a couple blues for my ilvl. All the others obviously got carried or bought it. We are failing on bosses we already killed. It's kind of sad honestly. How can a group of 955+ players not clear heroic? Like half our raid is dead on Coven before the second group of adds comes out.... is storm that hard of a mechanic?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
also, I wonder how much money raider.io is making.

So if you want live up to date M+ scores, your mains score to update on your alts (below a certain threshold) you have to fund them like $2 a month via patreon. while thats not necessarily a bad thing, they made the addon themselves and basically made it required for M+.

maybe i should make an addon and somehow make it required and charge for extra functionality.