World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah that kind of blows. I would buy a couple of transfers and shit when and if they ever do 50% off and stock pile a couple if given the option

Faize4986

Molten Core Raider
no, you can buy a race change and sit on it forever. I bought one back earlier this year and just used it last month. Though you will lose it if you faction change or transfer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well this is interesting:

Welcome Back Weekend

For anyone thinking about coming back, seems like this is a good time.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think. I read the fine print and it seems like it's only up to WoD that they'll upgrade older accounts to. Which is weird but whatever I guess? BfA does include Legion now so I guess it's a wash? Seems like trickery to get extra sub money for 2 months since won't those accounts get all that shit for free in 2 months anyway?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Log back in, colors are all backwards, reset graphics settings, game looks fine, alt tab out and now everything else is backwards.

Weird.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I logged back in and have zero clue and desire to start on something. Logged right back out.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
As much as I enjoyed the shit out of WoW once you break that addiction cycle of logging on to play it is hard to want to start up again. New xpacs are hype but I feel like it crashes harder and harder. These downtime cycles get you into a I don't give a fuck about this shit mentality.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seems Tradeskills are going back to their boring bullshit again? Reading up on it now.

Legion actually did a really good job on Tradeskills. With unique questlines mixed with dungeons and stuff. I liked a lot.

Not seeing that we'll get any of that again.

I'm not overly excited for the expansion but I am excited to play again. At a point in life where a slow steady drip of item collection and shit will be good.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Seems Tradeskills are going back to their boring bullshit again? Reading up on it now.

Legion actually did a really good job on Tradeskills. With unique questlines mixed with dungeons and stuff. I liked a lot.

Not seeing that we'll get any of that again.

I'm not overly excited for the expansion but I am excited to play again. At a point in life where a slow steady drip of item collection and shit will be good.

While interesting quest and objective wise, were ultimately still useless if you raided save for consumables as always, so I don't particularly see why they even bothered other than to give folks something extra to do the first couple months. Pretty good for dumping stuff on a second toon, but even then the gear was still replaced with a fury. To be fair, that's pretty much what crafting has always been save during BC where I actually used some crafted pieces as they were better than T4/T5 in very specific slots.

That said, I don't know how they could make crafting any more interesting unless they go full SWG style crafting, which was the only system I've seen that has ever actually been fun *and* useful.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I kinda wish they went back to the WOD style crafted although with a better crating system instead of the weird have some goobers in a building do it for you. The weapons looked nice and had upgrading appearances as you upgraded them and were fucking amazeballs for alts since they were usable at 91 it was basically giving your alts a max level weapon just as they start their leveling which made things so much nicer. The crafted stuff was useful and desired pretty much throughout the expansion. I still make some bank on WOD weapons from people playing alts to this day.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
With unique questlines mixed with dungeons and stuff. I liked a lot.
Thing is, for everyone who liked it a lot, there's one who hated that stuff. Anecdotal evidence: the mother of a former guildmate lives for tradeskills. She's got a stable of characters for every tradeskill and enjoy primarily farming, crafting, selling.

She hates dungeons. She has not completed a single class hall campaign, on any character, because she's stopped at every dungeon quest. She's does not have any alchemy recipe beyond the first three. She's got basic tailoring, no advanced recipes. Etc.

During Draenor, you'd see her every day for a couple hours gathering and stuff. During Legion, she pretty much stopped logging in after 7 months, when she stopped hoping that maybe the thing would be nerfed, and there would be alternate acquisition quests.

She's inquired if BfA is featuring the same and she can come back. Because that's a hard pass, WoW over, in that case.

While it's not crafting in particular, the problem with Legion was that EVERYTHING was gated thru dungeons. If you did not want to play in dungeons at least some, the expansion was a complete dead end. You could unlock WQ, and that's the only form of gameplay that was available. You couldn't complete any important feature set without a handful of dungeons.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
That close as shit EoA was pretty enjoyable to watch. I usually don't bother watching this kind of stuff, but it's been pretty interesting so far.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
As much as I enjoyed the shit out of WoW once you break that addiction cycle of logging on to play it is hard to want to start up again. New xpacs are hype but I feel like it crashes harder and harder. These downtime cycles get you into a I don't give a fuck about this shit mentality.
Man, I wish that were the case for me. I desperately want to play again, but I can never keep my play time reigned in. Ignoring this expansion launch is really testing my willpower.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The only time I ever enjoyed farming materials, was in UO when I managed to get enough taming for a pack horse, spent my time gathering ore, avoiding ganks on my way to deposit into the bank before runes and rune books, and also finding rare ore nodes that weren't already being camped on my fishing boat in the middle of fucking nowhere. These days an addon nullifies any relative intrigue in that, it's all an optimum path that's already being farmed, doesn't actually matter, and bots will always win.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is botting still rampant? For some reason I thought they'd done done something with Warden that made botting impossible.