World of Warcraft: Current Year

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Why not want a survival hunter if it does same or more DPS than other DPS?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Because it's melee. Did you guys play legion or just phoning it in?

And you need 1 DH, 1 Warrior, 1 Monk. Forget what buffs other classes give

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just because you weren't a mythic raider until after ToS was an afterthought doesn't mean Melee were shit all expansion. If survival becomes a top DPS spec, survival will be brought to raids.

In fact, that's even more reason to play Survival hunter. They can switch to a ranged spec if the fight calls for it.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
How are hunters these days? Need a class that’s ez mode yet desirable. Noodle said BM Hunter so thinking Orc Hunter.

In other news my name Taints got changed. Special place reserved in hell for name reporters.

Survival is best dps and a lot of fun, but melee hunter so some stigma.

BM is okay but playstyle is meh, 2nd best dps.

MM is ass right now.

I have a fire mage named Putafuego, wonder how long I'll keep it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just because you weren't a mythic raider until after ToS was an afterthought doesn't mean Melee were shit all expansion. If survival becomes a top DPS spec, survival will be brought to raids.

In fact, that's even more reason to play Survival hunter. They can switch to a ranged spec if the fight calls for it.
Just trying to save the dude some heartache.

Outside of a few fights I'd argue having more range than melee was always better. Antorus is when they were actively shit on.

We did mythic every tier except the first.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Doesnt really matter ranged or melee, if you are a competent player it wont matter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Every guild is also packed with melee DPS and while comments like "being a competent player is all that matters" may apply to a certain level, Mythic progression does require some type of range/melee balance.

Do survival hunters right now have the same level of utility as their ranged counterparts? If so, maybe they'll have a place in high end raids, but it always seems like things play out the same. Stack rogues in the melee group. Stack mages at the start of an expansion (locks at the end after Blizz gives up on trying to balance dot damage).

Either ways, the easiest path for a new player to get to mythic raiding is without question ranged dps.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How are paladins and rogues? I have a 100 rogue and paladin on hyjal horde side and trying to pick which to play.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
To see extent sure, but I'd raise you aggramar prenerf and Argus fear/rage
Ya there are always gonna be fights that skew one way or another for cutting edge mythic, but people that are asking for info on classes and such arent those people.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are paladins and rogues? I have a 100 rogue and paladin on hyjal horde side and trying to pick which to play.
Both are doing well for dps specs, I know pally is good for tanking, haven't seen a pally healer yet so not sure what they are like.

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Rogues are gonna be near the top for dps, paladin heals are ok. Right in the middle of the pack.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you wanna say "Melee have it tough" then fine, that applies to all melee. Not just survival hunters. Acting like Survival is a meme because some neckbeard on the internet got pissy they took away his ranged Survival spec is silly though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you wanna say "Melee have it tough" then fine, that applies to all melee. Not just survival hunters. Acting like Survival is a meme because some neckbeard on the internet got pissy they took away his ranged Survival spec is silly though.
I said it every expac when people asked for suggestions to please roll a ranged. It just sucks having to sit people because they chose melee.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I said it every expac when people asked for suggestions to please roll a ranged. It just sucks having to sit people because they chose melee.
Yeah but with surv you need a second weapon and a hast trinket or two instead of a crit one maybe. They can easily transition with little effort and that is their beauty.

• 1Like

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So no one really knows how numbers will shake up for raiding. Blizzard will do their tuning pass before they release and everything will change. But mechanically, Frost Mage is the top desired ranged class for M+ due to int buff, hero and 24/7 slows on mobs. Right now they do pretty nuts AE as well. Mage is pretty much always a safe bet to have at least one spec before more than viable.

Same thing goes with rogues for melee with their defensives, soaking ability and safety in assuming you'll have at least one upper end DPS spec.

Both of those are very safe classes to play.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
pretty sure i've done like 50+ heroics by now, and im yet to see a single shield and belt drop lol

GOD im already so sick of these dungeons