World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I love rep grinding, toys, pets, and mounts so sign me UP
It's a sign that, for a few years, WoW has been sliding steadily from the "combat RPG" genre to the "fluff collection genre" (ok, the two are overlaid on each other still).

At least, these aren't in lootboxes... oh wait, Highmountain Supplies

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a sign that, for a few years, WoW has been sliding steadily from the "combat RPG" genre to the "fluff collection genre" (ok, the two are overlaid on each other still).

Hey when I talked about the game not being that bad at least one person here was upset they couldn't grind for more mounts and said world quests were fun when they could grind for mounts.

Not all content is for everyone. There is a lot of content coming for combat rpg players.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Oh man people who say world quests were a good addition to the game piss me off.

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't remember watching the end of the "You don't want to do that" video.

You don't want to interact with the community! You want a button!

xzi

Mouthbreather

his shit eating grin is all I can think about when I remember he's the president of blizzard

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wonder how it feels hoping classic fails in order to justify your own hubris, but also being worried about making the accountants even angrier if it doesn't bail your ass out for the next year and a half until the new expansion.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

"But I like the inconveniences."

"We don't," said the Controller. "We prefer to do things
comfortably."

"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real
danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."

"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be
unhappy."

"All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the
right to be unhappy."

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

xzi

Mouthbreather

I don't really disagree with you but the gameplay overall for the game isn't that intersting, and never really has been. An alternative goal in the forms of collect-a-thons is a personal thing I enjoy doing because gear and items don't really matter anymore to me.

& and the end of the day, just like in vanilla when I sat on the IF bridge in T3 to show off my massive cock to the level 48s running around, the only thing that recreates that feeling for me is showing them a sick ass mog that nobody else has or an island expedition mount that nobody else has cause only 4 people in the world even do those anymore.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Someone should just design a lobby MMO with no world. Just bosses, everyone has the same gear so competitive play isn’t about split runs and cheesing ilvl. Now it’s a fair race dilidos. Should do the same for PVP too. Everyone in the game lvl gear so it’s all skill factor.

Anyways so now you can esports it up. World first competition is always going. Crowd source fans of the game for boss design and dungeons.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Recently taking a character through the 1-86ish thing its funny how dumbed down shit gets as you progress through the dungeons. Im up to the panda shit where there is literally hardly any trash left in the dungeons, just boss..one trash pack...next boss...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Recently taking a character through the 1-86ish thing its funny how dumbed down shit gets as you progress through the dungeons. Im up to the panda shit where there is literally hardly any trash left in the dungeons, just boss..one trash pack...next boss...

You're not the only one thats noticed this. I made an alt tank and Im basically leveling through dungeon grind. From expansion to expansion you can follow the progress of it. I thought it started more in Cata than anything else, but I forgot that they have some very basic ass dungeons at the tail end of WOTLk that were heroic only.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone should just design a lobby MMO with no world. Just bosses, everyone has the same gear so competitive play isn’t about split runs and cheesing ilvl. Now it’s a fair race dilidos. Should do the same for PVP too. Everyone in the game lvl gear so it’s all skill factor.

Anyways so now you can esports it up. World first competition is always going. Crowd source fans of the game for boss design and dungeons.
So Monster Hunter or Dauntless?

Chris

Potato del Grande

Guild Wars?

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
You're not the only one thats noticed this. I made an alt tank and Im basically leveling through dungeon grind. From expansion to expansion you can follow the progress of it. I thought it started more in Cata than anything else, but I forgot that they have some very basic ass dungeons at the tail end of WOTLk that were heroic only.

I'm in the process of leveling a monk and have only dipped my toe in dungeon tanking because they're just so linear, it feels like a treadmill. Almost everyone having heirloom gear makes it even worse, to the point where I unequipped mine for a bit just to see if it got any more challenging (it did, a bit, but one person out of a group doesn't make much difference).

Now, I've been hitting each dungeon once or twice and instead just focusing on questing in the world and exploring zones I've skipped through in the past. The revised level scaling and ranges for zones is really nice for this and has been fun to partner up with a buddy and go nuts.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly for my hunter ive been leveling up I had no heirlooms up until like lv 65+? I was essentially top 2 of dps counters the entire way. I totally forgot about them. But the blues that drop from the dungeons plus the little satchels you get after completing it basically keeps you in current blues anyway. I do have to admit I dropped like $20 for 100K gold to outfit myself with mounts and heirlooms though. hehe.

Its funny too how spreadsheet all this bullshit is having the dps counter mod on, its like all dps are within +/-50 deeps the entire way through (if they actually try). The only standouts are really the AOE classes (and tanks) which can pull in more dps depending on pull and pack size. Im sure this changes in end game, but its jsut funny how normalized this game got through the years.

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
10+ used to give heroic ilvl base (400 currently) with a weekly reward based on 410. Currently on ptr 10+ gives 420 (new) and 440 for weekly (old way), it might be deliberate it might not be.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Makes sense to me, considering they gutted tier sets and there's literally NO reason for me to step foot in a raid this entire expansion other than I wanted to play with a handful of friends.

Without tier sets I have no desire, everything for ret that is BIS is out of dungeons only (save for a handful of items but you could consider them sidegrades depending on what stats you like)

However to nerf m+ drops and add the worst m+ affix they could've thought of so far at the same time feels kinda bad lol, definitely will never do more than a single +10 a week

Last edited:
  • 1Like