World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I won't lie, Tinker would be the class that would immediately make me reroll to a new main. Every since WC3 I've been obsessed with them and if they can do all 3 roles, even better.

Which is probably saying a lot cause I've really only played 2 characters since this game has launched, a druid for a decade and my paladin up until this point. I never even played (or leveled) alts until late Legion lol. Mechagon is setting us up perfectly for them, and there are SO MANY robot NPCs in the game that have unique abilities already. You could probably make a class just out of mobs taken from Gnomer.

Also it's about time we get another mail wearer really. And a tank that is actually literally just a real tank.

HAIL THE ROBOT OVERLORDS

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I won't lie, Tinker would be the class that would immediately make me reroll to a new main. Every since WC3 I've been obsessed with them and if they can do all 3 roles, even better.

Which is probably saying a lot cause I've really only played 2 characters since this game has launched, a druid for a decade and my paladin up until this point. I never even played (or leveled) alts until late Legion lol. Mechagon is setting us up perfectly for them, and there are SO MANY robot NPCs in the game that have unique abilities already. You could probably make a class just out of mobs taken from Gnomer.

Also it's about time we get another mail wearer really. And a tank that is actually literally just a real tank.

HAIL THE ROBOT OVERLORDS
It would be cool if the tank was an actual tank instead it will be something stupid like a septic tank because the level of dad jokes on the Warcraft team is pretty bad.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit even Shillular knows better than Fyff.

I'll ask again. How does this effect you? Were those 5 hours the end of the world for you?

I've said before that leveling in this game is stupid and not engaging at all. I'm not going to pay some high level autist a couple hundred thousand gold to save like 5 hours though so this doesn't effect me at all.

• 1Repost
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I figure some folks have friends and do things with those friends like helping them level characters so they can get to the part of the game they're looking to get to faster.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'll ask again. How does this effect you? Were those 5 hours the end of the world for you?

I've said before that leveling in this game is stupid and not engaging at all. I'm not going to pay some high level autist a couple hundred thousand gold to save like 5 hours though so this doesn't effect me at all.

Keep doubling down retard.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

You aren't getting it. It isn't about just this. Blizzard is fixing the wrong things

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean, you could use the same exact argument FOR it. "This doesn't affect you", it also doesn't affect you that people were blasting through freehold on super twinks.

Blizzard literally just "Fixed" something that didn't need to be fix for the sake of... what? Because you're playing the game wrong?

I don't give a shit, I don't level boost people. But it's something which is an extremely bizarre change that literally nobody except the developers themselves saw as a problem.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Part of the problem with the weakness leveling up in BfA is the gear was awful. Previous expansions provided even crafted stuff that stacked with new pieces at different levels, plus in Legion your artifact weapon was valuable. This expansion, all the crafted gear was either all a low ilvl at 111, or at max level. So you had to get most of your stuff from content, but people were leveling up too fast and the quest rewards were few.

They updated heirlooms to go to 120 now, so that at least makes up for what they sucked at itemizing.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep doubling down retard.
Well thought out response. You are literally siding with Belluar in order to oppose me. At this point I wonder why you would even click on anything Blizzard related. It obviously doesn't make you happy or put anything positive in to your life. Maybe it's time to let go.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Heirlooms wont save you from getting rocked during certain levels. Not like they used to in past expansions. Nerf bat to those too, remember? Everyone knows why they nerf shit like that and its all around money, as much as Bellular doesnt want to believe it. Most of the nerfs Ive seen in the past concerning things like this, is usually emergent game play. Most of which I never even experienced or cared about. But he does have a point that they should use those "Fixes" more as a jumping point. Simply putting gale winds into certain locations where you can ride up to a new location (without a flying mount) etc. You know.. steal some shit away from Guild Wars 2. Not like stealing game mechanics is something new to Blizzard, after all.

If they really wanted to put a stop to the Freehold hopping, they should have just put a cap on the amount of exp earned out of it per day. That way you dont allow some jack ass to fuck up your good time all because he doesnt have exp turned on. Poorly thought out bandaid that is more discouraging than helpful.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heirlooms wont save you from getting rocked during certain levels. Not like they used to in past expansions. Nerf bat to those too, remember? Everyone knows why they nerf shit like that and its all around money, as much as Bellular doesnt want to believe it. Most of the nerfs Ive seen in the past concerning things like this, is usually emergent game play. Most of which I never even experienced or cared about. But he does have a point that they should use those "Fixes" more as a jumping point. Simply putting gale winds into certain locations where you can ride up to a new location (without a flying mount) etc. You know.. steal some shit away from Guild Wars 2. Not like stealing game mechanics is something new to Blizzard, after all.

If they really wanted to put a stop to the Freehold hopping, they should have just put a cap on the amount of exp earned out of it per day. That way you dont allow some jack ass to fuck up your good time all because he doesnt have exp turned on. Poorly thought out bandaid that is more discouraging than helpful.
How is what they did any different then capping the amount you can get per day? It's not like freehold leveling was some accident. You needed a very well geared toon from legion and had to blow a bunch of pots in a two person party where you killed no bosses and just trash. It is really hard. This is not some scrub strat that you happen on in lfg.

• 1Repost

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How is what they did any different then capping the amount you can get per day? It's not like freehold leveling was some accident. You needed a very well geared toon from legion and had to blow a bunch of pots in a two person party where you killed no bosses and just trash. It is really hard. This is not some scrub strat that you happen on in lfg.

If thats the case, and its that rare... then the "fix" is overkill at minimum. However, to have garnered this much attention from Blizzard and the "Fix" having the community throwing shit at each other, I dont quite believe that its as rare as what you describe. But who cares, really.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If thats the case, and its that rare... then the "fix" is overkill at minimum. However, to have garnered this much attention from Blizzard and the "Fix" having the community throwing shit at each other, I dont quite believe that its as rare as what you describe. But who cares, really.
I didn't say it was rare. I said it was planned. You didn't just accidentally group with someone with xp off, it was intentional.

• 1Repost
  • 1Picard

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The change is idiotic and affects anyone who has friends as well the market for sale run leveling. Twinking was even faster and more lucrative in Legion than it is now. The 840 ilvl BoEs usable at 101 were outrageously powerful and by midway through the expansion you could buy ilvl 1000 legendaries that were also usable at 101. Not to mention all the food buffs that made it even faster.

XP Off twinking is not new to BfA. It wasn't new to Legion either, Legion just made it a lot more fun to make a 101 twink to sell runs with. Killing twink power leveling serves no real purpose other than to piss players off.

And scaling content is not a problem. It's one of the better changes they've made to the leveling process in a long, long time. The problem is Blizzard acting like twinking and power leveling, something that has been a staple of every MMO ever, is suddenly a major issue and needs to be stopped at all costs.
This is incredibly ironic given their stats regarding players reaching max level. When 80% of new players don't even get out of noob areas, and you want to stifle leveling at every turn, you're fucking doing it wrong.

Anything outside current content is "bonus". Unless you're brand fucking new, why should we even be bothered. You never finish quest stories, even with normalized...

You know what, I don't even care anymore.

• 1Like

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
What if that new cinematic with Thrall is actually him coming back to lead the horde and and then he is warchief and the patch is just wow classic lmfao 100

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
But this hamfisted fix is encouraging griefing now.
Why?

You don't get the debuff if you use random LFG. The only griefing that can go on is if you get a direct invite, and in this day and age, the only people who will invite you specifically for a group are either your guildmates (in which case you can yell on the discord, and they can't really escape the consequences) or the mythic dungeon group, in which case XP is irrelevant because 120 required.

• 1Like