World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cybsled

Baine will be the warchief. They've focused on him a lot this expansion, so he is the obvious choice.

Of course, Blizzard will want to "subvert expectations" and make Gallywix warchief or w/e lol

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Once you go green you never redeem! Jaina marries Thrall, changes her name to Lakhtoshita and becomes War Chief. Fights for social justice in Azeroth. The Alliance become the bad guys and go full MA(zeroth)GA.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The player character has what Illidan referred to in a DH quest (if you die during their intro) as "an immortal soul" like his, which explains why he could come back as well. It had nothing to do with being on Azeroth (I think you were on Marduuk in the DH intro), but may have more to do with being born OF Azeroth, which has been believed to be a by-product of the planet's defense mechanism.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's no more Warchief and just a "war council", at this point it would make more sense than giving it all to one person alone.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
At this point I feel like the best option would be for the Void and the old gods to just kill everyone and resurrect the Black Empire since the Legion was the only thing keeping them in check. No more Horde no more Alliance only the few random people who managed the survive the calamity. Thrall Dead, Jaina Dead, Khadbro Dead, only people alive are a random handful of survivors. You are no longer champion, hero, ultra Jesus just another random dipshit who survived. Now we have to pick up pieces and carve out a way of survival in this dark land, this means races aside you have to hand together to avoid dying to the void.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
cehyijkiwyo31.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
At this point I feel like the best option would be for the Void and the old gods to just kill everyone and resurrect the Black Empire since the Legion was the only thing keeping them in check. No more Horde no more Alliance only the few random people who managed the survive the calamity. Thrall Dead, Jaina Dead, Khadbro Dead, only people alive are a random handful of survivors. You are no longer champion, hero, ultra Jesus just another random dipshit who survived. Now we have to pick up pieces and carve out a way of survival in this dark land, this means races aside you have to hand together to avoid dying to the void.
Thats sorta like how eq2 started [moon crashed into planet things go bad they pull you out from the sea] and it was so much more fun than being some elite super champion that is always the savior of the world yet you still need to do quests like pick up ram shit.

Although Cataclysm was sort of the world is fucked up and blown up and that sorta sucked cooockk. But i guess just go all the way this time

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I hope they finally put in player housing. And no, I don't mean the shitty Garrisons. Just pure 100% cosmetic gold sink housing. Maybe at most have a vendor there you can repair at and sell your grey crap to. Have it cheap to buy a hovel somewhere, but you can upgrade it a lot, but it costs a shit ton (hundreds of thousands, even millions for all the upgrades). Have it so that you can buy entire rooms that can have some visual display of some important achievements (think you could do that in Garrisons, but have it for all expansions, including future ones) such as the hard to get raid ones, or completing some epic storyline quest.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Player housing is always better as an idea than in practice. It's not possible to give good reasons to be there other than "because I want to" without drastically changing the focus of the game, or a large portion of it.

I always wanted player housing until I played a game with it, where I'd ignore it because it was pointless.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I hope they finally put in player housing. And no, I don't mean the shitty Garrisons. Just pure 100% cosmetic gold sink housing. Maybe at most have a vendor there you can repair at and sell your grey crap to. Have it cheap to buy a hovel somewhere, but you can upgrade it a lot, but it costs a shit ton (hundreds of thousands, even millions for all the upgrades). Have it so that you can buy entire rooms that can have some visual display of some important achievements (think you could do that in Garrisons, but have it for all expansions, including future ones) such as the hard to get raid ones, or completing some epic storyline quest.
why? so cities become ghost towns and we pretend its cool we have the same house as everyone else?
Unless its exclusive which it wont be then no dont do it.
plenty of games have and you turn populated cities into vendor spots for alts who you didnt buy one for

Rime

<Donor>
The large majority of WoW can be 'ignored', due to it being 'pointless'.

There are large populations of the game that do PvP or Pet Battles or Archaeology. Mount/Toy Collecting as well.

I would spend plenty of gold to play Home Decoration Azeroth edition, if I could mount trophies from bosses on the walls.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yeah, the key is making them purely cosmetic. People go bananas collecting cosmetic stuff in this game already, so it would be another avenue for that. If you couldn't actually vendor, auction, repair, etc. at your house then cities would remain populated. That way people who don't care could ignore it, like pet battles and mounts.

Of course knowing these fuckhead designers you'd only be able to change one square foot of wallpaper per day or some shit.

"You think you want to repaint your house, but you don't."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The way I would implement it is that it would basically just be a huge gold sink and e-peen meter with NO practical uses. The reason why I would have no practical uses is precisely so we don't repeat WoD Garrisons where you just hang out endlessly harvesting mats and doing quests in your Garrison.

If you don't want to do it, then you don't, you won't lose out on anything (unlike Garrisons where you lost out on a lot), but if you do, you can spend all your excess gold on it. You could have a pet farm where all your collected pets jump around and have mock practice battles with each other in, a stables for your favorite mounts, a toy room for some of the toys you can place in the world, then a few achievement rooms where you can buy and place physical trophies to show off, a weapons and armour room for showing off your epics and sets.

You can then have your home either set to private or public. If public then when you right click on someone you can have "go to home" in the list and check out their shit.

But the point is, it would be a fantastic way to create a good gold sink, instead of buying mounts for 500k, if you're into it you can customise it and spend gold on it, if not, you don't lose out on anything. And because there is no gameplay functionality in it, it means you still have to go to towns to do shit, so it doesn't turn the towns into ghosttowns.

Well, that's my 2 cents anyway.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the key is making them purely cosmetic. People go bananas collecting cosmetic stuff in this game already, so it would be another avenue for that. If you couldn't actually vendor, auction, repair, etc. at your house then cities would remain populated. That way people who don't care could ignore it, like pet battles and mounts.

Of course knowing these fuckhead designers you'd only be able to change one square foot of wallpaper per day or some shit.

"You think you want to repaint your house, but you don't."

Yeah, that's the point. With pets, say you could buy a stable for them for, say 10k gold. But it's the base stable so you can only have 5 of your pets running around in it, but you can buy upgrades to it, so say for 25k gold you get room for 10, 50k 20, 100k 30...etc up to say 1million to see 100 of your favourite pets running around doing shit. There's no functionality to it, but there are plenty of pet battle people who would love it, and would sink gold into it. But apart from getting to watch their pets goof off, there would be no functionality to it, they'd still need to go out into the world and collect and battle pets.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Just check out FFXIV. People go nuts for housing then (myself included) and it creates a massive gold sink in the game. FFXIV needs to increase the furniture budget...I capped out at 400/400 and still need more.

So long as they implemented a fully functional decoration system (I want Z, Y, X axis and 100% customizable placement...no bullshit Bethesda "lol no clipping allowed" and if I want to fucking float my dinner table 10 feet in the air, let me fucking do it without using a ton of tricks.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
why? so cities become ghost towns and we pretend its cool we have the same house as everyone else?
Unless its exclusive which it wont be then no dont do it.
plenty of games have and you turn populated cities into vendor spots for alts who you didnt buy one for

Why would cities become ghost towns if player housing offers nothing other than aesthetic? The reason everyone stayed in their garrisons instead of cities is because you could do everything there you could do in the open world short of grinding rep. Even then you could do that via mission tables on occasion. You even had an AH.

Also the fact that they literally didn't make a city in WoD, there was close to 0 reason to ever go back to org during that time.

I would love nothing more than player housing, it's a very large part of the game at this point to be able to express yourself whether that's through mogs, mounts, etc. Adding housing that friends/anyone could visit would be cool as fuck. Not to mention they could make a completely new profession to accompany it, that's 2 major expansion features right there.

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
They should sell plots in Orgrimmar. Limited supply. Every six months, you have to re-bid on the plot. Good gold sink.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I'd love to see the story go to a place where we just can't win. Build up to it with 1 or two more expansions, but ultimately everything is doomed. You have to use the reorigination device, that Titan thing that basically wipes everything and restarts. That's the end of wow, servers can stay up, people can keep playing, but it's the end of wow updates.

Now, you can remake the game as Wow 2.0 or whatever. You have 15 years of assets to use. You have to remake all content, but a giant amount of work is already done. The game opens a year after reorigination, or 100, or 1000, doesn't matter. Everyone is a new char, in a new world. Start over.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is a high chance 8.3 results in all of us dying.

I would love a 8.3 we all fail storyline. 9.0 is shadowlands, we have to figure out a way back to the land of the living. 10.0, we are back but a lot of time passed and the black empire took over.

Cybsled

Now, you can remake the game as Wow 2.0 or whatever. You have 15 years of assets to use. You have to remake all content, but a giant amount of work is already done. The game opens a year after reorigination, or 100, or 1000, doesn't matter. Everyone is a new char, in a new world. Start over.

So basically pull a FFXIV? Don’t see it happening