World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Doesn't matter when you can just run off to another raid of your kicked out or your current one fails.

Being a scab healer was some of the most fun I had in BfA. Free flasks, feasts and always another raid looking for someone to fill bars any time day or night. I would routinely get zero tells zero direct messages zero shout outs zero call outs. I was truly a ghost.

Mythic raiding always looked like ass and bleeding edge mythic raiding looked like torture.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think the most notable thing I've encountered in my search for a new raiding guild the past month or two is just how little of a fuck anyone left below Mythic Raiding gives. If you are pulling 12k dps in full H Raid gear, 65+ neck, and the appropriate upgraded benthic gear... you're just awful. Like, actively awful. As a person. It's a group activity, try a little. It's not just your time you're wasting.

Maybe it'll get better when 8.3 or 9.0 drops, but it's just draining being around people not even quarter-assing it. I don't even know if leaving this backwater server will be any better. Lol at it still being 55 fucking dollars to move one character off of this deserted island.

Half-asses are in all the games. It's most noticeable in games where it always leads to failure or a loss. World of Tanks is the same way. On any given match, easily a third of your team do jack and shit all match. These aren't newbies, either, but people with 10k+ matches and more. I regularly encounter people with 25,000 matches who haven't grasped the fundamentals of the game and do maybe one shot of damage before being sent back to the garage.

I got burned out on raiding back in WoD in part because all the constant fuckups from just a few people. And, it's always the same people fucking up all the time and turning a quick raid into an ordeal.

I recently levelled my Warrior to 120, and was 385 ilvl doing LOTS more dps than people in 420+ gear. Blizz could make the game a single button affair, and people would still fuck it up.

shot_878.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Heh... what is the purpose of removing that mount? It's a vendor mount that costs 5 million gold. Not like it's a special achievement mount that will be trivial when the next expansion comes out so it needs to be removed to preserve the prestige of having one...
Someone at Activision taught those Blizzard peons about FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) and how it triggers impulse buys.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea that's the only possible explanation. Buy tokens to sell for gold so you can get the mount before it's too late! Things are so far gone over at Blizzard now that they are squeezing players for in game mounts...

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the most notable thing I've encountered in my search for a new raiding guild the past month or two is just how little of a fuck anyone left below Mythic Raiding gives. If you are pulling 12k dps in full H Raid gear, 65+ neck, and the appropriate upgraded benthic gear... you're just awful. Like, actively awful. As a person. It's a group activity, try a little. It's not just your time you're wasting.

Maybe it'll get better when 8.3 or 9.0 drops, but it's just draining being around people not even quarter-assing it. I don't even know if leaving this backwater server will be any better. Lol at it still being 55 fucking dollars to move one character off of this deserted island.

I wouldn't think there are too many, of the more serious heroic guilds, left recruiting.

My heroic only guild usually takes a break a month or two after we have cleared the zone. Beating the final boss of this tier seemed a bit faster than normal, for us, and combined with the accelerated burnout that this Xpac seems to have, our last raid was the week of Sept 10th.

The lack of tier sets and having most BiS items (outside of silly Benthic) coming from the M+ system have crushed raid longevity. Having your BiS, every season, just be a higher ilevel piece of the item you already have, from the same zones you have been running for over a year, also kills the enthusiasm of many.

So, what your a left with, in the heroic scene, are supercasuals (bads) that started in normal and are still "progressing," or people that have cleared it months ago, gearing up alts and want mythic ilevels, just to get an invite (if they PuG at all).

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm honestly surprised most you bought into Ian's bullshit. I have zero desire to relevel from 50 to 60. For them to get to this point means they really should have come with WoW2. You know why they can't do this? It's because they are FAR too slow at developing content. FAR too slow... it's a shame. WoW1 is far too long in the tooth. BFA proves this. They should have moved on by now, but they can't because they have zero faith in the current developers to rope the money train in with a true sequel.

Edit: I'm drunk, but I believe this.

Last Drunk edit: it does piss me off at how it seems like Ian has zero accountability for BFA. He is the head of the next expansion? WHAT?

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yea that's the only possible explanation. Buy tokens to sell for gold so you can get the mount before it's too late! Things are so far gone over at Blizzard now that they are squeezing players for in game mounts...

They have fucked up in the attempts to jam everything in current quarter earnings. They have milked and fucked the playerbase with 6 month subs + Boat Mounts, offering various incentives, setting up patch and release cycles that line up with big pumps of cash right before quarter reviews.Short term is has probably looked great but long term it's going to fuck them square in the asshole. This bullshit mount stuff is just another example of drumming up token sales before the end of the year.

Also I am wondering how secure Ions job is now that classic is face fucking retail.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm honestly surprised most you bought into Ian's bullshit. I have zero desire to relevel from 50 to 60. For them to get to this point means they really should have come with WoW2. You know why they can't do this? It's because they are FAR too slow at developing content. FAR too slow... it's a shame. WoW1 is far too long in the tooth. BFA proves this. They should have moved on by now, but they can't because they have zero faith in the current developers to rope the money train in with a true sequel.

Edit: I'm drunk, but I believe this.

Last Drunk edit: it does piss me off at how it seems like Ian has zero accountability for BFA. He is the head of the next expansion? WHAT?

How is going from 50 to 60 any different than 120 to 130?

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I am intrigued by Shadowlands and am thinking about giving WoW a go again casually. I know most people are probably running around Classic, but if you wanted to join a new casual, content focused guild (yes Mistwalkers), let me know (Beware FoH forum rule number 24). I am trying to decide on server/faction.

If you are interested, PM me and give me your suggestions for the server and faction. I was thinking one of the newer not established servers, but there are a few questions about those of course.

velk

Trakanon Raider
It isn't. Unless the size of the number is his issue.

Everything in WoW is a meaningless treadmill that goes nowhere, any progress or achievement is a hollow illusion - this is an objective fact.

Despite this, if you buy into the illusion you can be entertained - it's a like a magic trick - you know it's not real, but it can be entertaining.

The level squish just rubs peoples noses into the fact that everything they are doing is pointless, destroying a bit more of the illusion - like the magician laughing at you for being stupid.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Everything in WoW is a meaningless treadmill that goes nowhere, any progress or achievement is a hollow illusion - this is an objective fact.

Despite this, if you buy into the illusion you can be entertained - it's a like a magic trick - you know it's not real, but it can be entertaining.

The level squish just rubs peoples noses into the fact that everything they are doing is pointless, destroying a bit more of the illusion - like the magician laughing at you for being stupid.
Watching football is a meaningless treadmill.

Sometimes they can be fun.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I am intrigued by Shadowlands and am thinking about giving WoW a go again casually. I know most people are probably running around Classic, but if you wanted to join a new casual, content focused guild (yes Mistwalkers), let me know (Beware FoH forum rule number 24). I am trying to decide on server/faction.

If you are interested, PM me and give me your suggestions for the server and faction. I was thinking one of the newer not established servers, but there are a few questions about those of course.

I've been playing very casually on Sargeras Alliance, on a rogue. Mostly was working on getting the two ally races and BFA flight. Once I get the flight achievements knocked out, I'll probably casually level a dark iron hunter to use for Shadowlands.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider

I wouldn't mind giving a casual guild a go as Alliance. I've been playing Horde since vanilla and I'm pretty burned out(especially considering Ogres are never going to fucking happen).

No idea what server is good for that. Now would be a good time to do 60-120, given this insane AV event experience.

• 1Like

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I started up as Alliance on Hyjal now that I realized you can be both factions on a server. Started a Community called Mistwalkers till I can create the guild.

Hop on if you want to try this out. I am Narlathotep in game

Last edited:
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather

MudHYZQ.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Braen

<Medals Crew>
The Mistwalkers has been founded on Hyjal on the Alliance side. Hit up Narlathotep if you need an invite.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

You're right, but the same argument could be made for literally almost any form of entertainment, let alone just video games.

I do think with the current design, you have to want to raid more for the challenge than anything else. Some people just want shiny baubles and can't feel motivated unless they get to feel stronger and more important than others.

Wage

Molten Core Raider
The same argument can't be made for almost any form of entertainment. You don't watch football, read a book, see a movie, or listen to a song to get upgrades of some kind. You do it for the joy of it. When you play WoW on the other hand, upgrading your character is the entire driving force behind most people playing at all.

Could you imagine what would happen if Blizz decided to remove levels and gear entirely in Shadowlands? No character upgrades period, just do the content for the joy of doing the content. How many people do you think would be playing the game 3 months after release? It isn't the same as most forms of entertainment at all.