World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Unsurprisingly, Khane misses the point of the timer....

As I said before, Torghast is going to be a shitshow and I have no faith in them implementing it properly.

No Fyff, he already got past what Blizz will state is the point of the timer, and was looking ahead to how the timer that is created to prevent one aspect of game play will still affect the entire game play experience in there.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't want to sound harsh but you're backing your opinion with a twenty-five minute long Bellular Youtube video.

I mean we've seen some shit here, genuine IRL villains going lengths praising Blizzards questionable decisions, virtual heroes explaining how Ion is Belzebuth, the AntiChrist or maybe both, people nitpicking M+ experience with blue rio, top raiders shitting on everyone else (they're right we're awful go l2p), casual p(l)ayers entitled to everything, tryharders selling boosts, arena junkies frowning at our sheanigans, achievers not even in here, but backing your lukewarm opinion with some next level, highly produced, out of reach vidya faggotry is the pantheon of "I don't care but maybe my YT algo will!"

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

I don't want to sound harsh but you're backing your opinion with a twenty-five minute long Bellular Youtube video.

I mean we've seen some shit here, genuine IRL villains going lengths praising Blizzards questionable decisions, virtual heroes explaining how Ion is Belzebuth, the AntiChrist or maybe both, people nitpicking M+ experience with blue rio, top raiders shitting on everyone else (they're right we're awful go l2p), casual p(l)ayers entitled to everything, tryharders selling boosts, arena junkies frowning at our sheanigans, achievers not even in here, but backing your lukewarm opinion with some next level, highly produced, out of reach vidya faggotry is the pantheon of "I don't care but maybe my YT algo will!"

Only linked it because happened to see it on youtube and covered the exact same topic that was being talked about. I'm not some big fan of his in the slightest I've noticed he does a good bit of WoW vids. Just linked it because it was relevant and he clearly put more time and thought into explaining the whys than I feel like I need to.

Plus with Fyff, just explaining the basic logic never seems to be enough.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only linked it because happened to see it on youtube and covered the exact same topic that was being talked about. I'm not some big fan of his in the slightest I've noticed he does a good bit of WoW vids. Just linked it because it was relevant and he clearly put more time and thought into explaining the whys than I feel like I need to.

Tldr: I can't think for myself so some YouTuber told me how the game will effect people doing content at a level I won't even approach.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I was being too harsh anyway, please accept my apologies.

Merrith

Tldr: I can't think for myself so some YouTuber told me how the game will effect people doing content at a level I won't even approach.

Fyff logic. Get told short version of why his previous post at Khane was stupid, then ignore relevant vid discussing same topic and any other points it makes.

I could just shout you down for being a moron, I thought linking a vid discussing the topic would be a little more respectful.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the torments make some sense at really high tower level as you are attracting the jailers notice but I think on the lower levels if they use them they should not even start kicking in until you are on a level for a lenght of time like 20 -30 minutes. Given you can go 18 levels as of now in one run maximum you have to assume people are not spending like 7 hours doing one run so 30 minutes per floor would make it simply not effect anybody other than people doing really weird slowmode runs.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
All good, something about that particular YTber that bothers you?

He's a click-baiter pretty frequently. He also is one of the "Ion finger-blasted my sister" types of dramatic. Whatever it takes to get views, eh?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

He's a click-baiter pretty frequently. He also one of the "Ion finger-blasted my sister" types of dramatic. Whatever it takes to get views, eh?

Ah, I just saw the thumbnail and heard the first couple minutes of it and seemed relevant. Not that it isn't an obvious point.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Looks like AIDS. Also looks like another ask for "feedback" when they've already decided what they're going to do anyway.

From that post:

The big issue right now is they persist even on the vendor floors.
That can’t be intended right?
Quite annoying having adds spawn when you are trying to vendor and repair.
Other than that, they should not start on a universal floor, they should start so many floors in.
Today I tried to start at floor 25 to emulate last week’s situation and its BRUTAL now when each mob takes a minute to kill and you have to deal with penalties that are acting like I am AFK when I am just slow.
My ideal torment idea is patrols or extra mobs, but they should not spawn when you are on vendor levels, they should not happen so often or at all at the start of runs, and ideally they would stop when you are lost.
This place is a maze some times, and if the goal is to punish CD waiting, try to find a way to not punish me when I am legit lost like always seems to happen.
Maybe that’s just a problem with Alpha though atm.
No map, and a lack of variability of the art makes it hard to navigate some places.

Honestly, if it's "go at your own pace" thing like they advertised, I should be able to go take a dump after every single pull if I want to. If they're going to put a timer on it and call it "torment" they should just put a fucking timer on it. Here they go again fucking the game up for everyone because the top poopsockers are willing to wait 10 minutes between every pull.

Lessons have not been learned.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I should be able to go take a dump after every single pull if I want to.

I agree with this post the most because my favorite roguelike moments have been while pooping. Thanks, launch day Taco Bell!

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys weren’t kidding when you said this was fast. Played for like 12 hours between Thursday and Friday, got from 112 to 120, got my cloak, Pathfinder part 1, only need revered with the last faction to get flying.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
Just in time, because iirc the rep bonus ends on the 20th. But yeah things feel like they should have just been at this pace the whole time, lol

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leveling in MMOs is not fun or engaging. Why they make it take so long is beyond me. The fact that their goal is to make max level for a new player take the time it would currently take without the exp buff or hierlooms is so stupid. I haven't leveled anything during this time but so many of my friends and guildies came back to play because of the exp buff.

• 1Like

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Why not solve the "wait for every cool down between pulls" by limiting "3 min cool downs "(or whatever duration you choose) to once per floor/major boss.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's what everyone is suggesting but they don't really want to hear it. It seems like the most obvious solution, but so did azerite vendors, or account wide essences, or purchasable legendaries, or

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It might not be easy to code it like that. That sounds like a pretty daunting task and all would be much easier from a coding standpoint.

Ukerric Ukerric - leveling wasn't fun in any MMO. We just didn't know better. You can still get together with 4 friends and grind mobs in WoW to level like it was old school eq. It's not going to be fun but you could do it.