World of Warcraft: Current Year

Octave

Trakanon Raider
It's interesting that the banning came at the same time as the shitstorm around blizzard employee salaries.

Seems like they wanted to change the narrative.

All industries suck where you work in something people dreamed of when they were 14. It especially sucks to work for the company that the 14 year olds dreamed of working for.

You get paid in pride so they don't have to pay you in money. It's the same for working in academia, art, and the military.

Most of the time, especially in the arts, these industries don't have a lot of money going around except for in the few megahit cases so it's partially justified.

Edit: Also, at Blizzard, apparently, you also get paid in Blizzard Bucks: Back when I worked there, they had something called "Blizzard Bucks" to "supplem... | Hacker News

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
At least my employer pays my bonuses in Amazon gift cards and not BLIZZARD bux, holy shit that's terrible.

• 1Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Not much different than working in a coal town and earning company store money to buy things for your family with. How far the progressives have come and innovated on banned exploitative practices of the past!

Lol you either have some unique experiences in the Appalachians or been watching too many old movies. Having been to 40+ mines including numerous ones that company literally owned the town I have never seen this in the industry in the last 20 years. But to be fair i haven't been to the Appalachians mines which are definitely the least....sophisticated so maybe that still goes on lol?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Lol you either have some unique experiences in the Appalachians or been watching too many old movies. Having been to 40+ mines including numerous ones that company literally owned the town I have never seen this in the industry in the last 20 years. But to be fair i haven't been to the Appalachians mines which are definitely the least....sophisticated so maybe that still goes on lol?

He's talking about the very distant past.

velk

Trakanon Raider
So spriest is finally getting a rework. Void form is going to be a cooldown. However, a form of old void form is still accessible through a talent. What the fuck is the point? If the talented void form is the better option, we are still stuck with that garbage. If the talented void form is not a better option, why the fuck are we wasting a talent slot on it? This is going to be garbage, guaranteed.

The talent stays for the same reasons Momentum still exists; so the people that think they are hot shit can delude themselves, and so that the dev whose baby it is doesn't get all butthurt.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
There is a reason these people have been kicked out of so many countries through history.

Not quite sure what you're getting at, Booze. Care to expand on this?

(Hint: Don't do it. I will die on this hill.)

• 1Like

Cybsled

He's talking about the very distant past.

Yup, infamous practice in 19th and early 20th century. Company would hold a full monopoly on everything and force you to spend your money at their stores which had markup. It was basically slave labor with extra steps.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not quite sure what you're getting at, Booze. Care to expand on this?

(Hint: Don't do it. I will die on this hill.)

We're talking about magical lands filled with Goblins, Orc, and shit. Not sure what you are inferring. Unless you are drawing real life parallels? But only a crazy person would do that.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Further proof that Garrosh did nothing wrong. He was just a victim of white Alliance supremacy!

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sorry if it's been asked, I've tried to keep abreast of the thread more or less for a while, but is BFA required for Shadowlands? I quit during Legion and am finally getting the itch to come back. Wondering if I need to buy/level in preparation or if I can just wait to buy SL and save some $. (I have no desire to play BFA content)

• 1Barf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sorry if it's been asked, I've tried to keep abreast of the thread more or less for a while, but is BFA required for Shadowlands? I quit during Legion and am finally getting the itch to come back. Wondering if I need to buy/level in preparation or if I can just wait to buy SL and save some $. (I have no desire to play BFA content)
Yes currently. As usual once SL launches, BFA will be included in the base game, but unlike what they did with BFA which included legion with the preorder or whatever, currently you still need to buy BFA "full price" to play that even if you preorder Shadowlands. They have a bundle preorder that makes BFA basically sale price at any time, but forces you to buy stupid shit like an additional level boost in the package. You can wait if you don't want to play now though. Will have to do some BFA questing for leveling though(or dungeons).

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Yes currently. As usual once SL launches, BFA will be included in the base game, but unlike what they did with BFA which included legion with the preorder or whatever, currently you still need to buy BFA "full price" to play that even if you preorder Shadowlands. They have a bundle preorder that makes BFA basically sale price at any time, but forces you to buy stupid shit like an additional level boost in the package. You can wait if you don't want to play now though. Will have to do some BFA questing for leveling though(or dungeons).
You actually won't have to step foot in any BFA content once shadowlands launches, just wait

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got a beta invite, but haven't followed Live WoW for a really long time. Anything I should get into on the beta specifically? I haven't played BfA basically at all, so I don't really have a "great" character to copy over.

• 1Barf

velk

Trakanon Raider
Got a beta invite, but haven't followed Live WoW for a really long time. Anything I should get into on the beta specifically? I haven't played BfA basically at all, so I don't really have a "great" character to copy over.

You can create a level 50 premade of any race/class combo so that's not an issue.

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
Would it be better to level a character now with 2x exp or just wait until Shadowlands pre-patch?