World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Art imitates life, or is it the other way around?

1650738652361.jpeg

1650738770027.png

• 6Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck old raids and content, once a new raid tier comes out, I don't want to set foot in the raid I just spent months clearing over, and over, and over, and...

I absolutely hated going back to clearing old shit, in vanilla, to gear up new recruits (or people switching to tank). It was a leading factor for quitting a week before my guild finally defeated 4 horsemen (and never returning to bleeding edge raiding again). Going back to AQ so we had enough tanks was a fucking nightmare where everyone wanted to bring an alt to gear up, and slow us down. I don't know how many wipes we had, to shit that had been on farm for months, due to too many core players bringing alts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm not certain it's possible to be more wrong than you are every single time you enter in a separate MMO thread to talk about FF14.

You've convinced me to pre-order this expansion when it becomes available after originally wanting to avoid it. That's how insufferable your posts are; I actually want to support the product not by it's own inherent value but just because it seems to make people like you hate it so. One needs only scroll up half a fucking page to see you bragging about FF14's story - the person was fucking quoting you talking about the story and your response? "Meh, story may not be the best"? Faggot, you're the one who brought FF14's story into this thread. Now you want to talk about raiding? How retarded are you?
Levelling story I said, the endgame story is amazing.

I'm just trying to guess what someone didn't like about FF14 and what they like about WoW and engage with that. I'm not writing a thesis including every detail.

So you are going to put yourself through suffering playing the unfinished, corportate LGBT furry game? To spite me? Haha what!?

Had a blast in FF14 today taking a IRL friend through the new raid on voice chat, then fiddling with the highly customisable ingame UI and finishing off with the great new PvP.

What did you do in WoW? Probably not even subbed to a MMO right?

• 2Galaxy Brain

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>

I'm just trying to guess what someone didn't like about FF14 and what they like about WoW and engage with that. I'm not writing a thesis including every detail.

So you are going to put yourself through suffering playing the unfinished, corportate LGBT furry game? To spite me? Haha what!?

Had a blast in FF14 today taking a IRL friend through the new raid on voice chat, then fiddling with the highly customisable ingame UI and finishing off with the great new PvP.

Way to miss the point as always. There is an entire thread devoted to Faggot Fantasy and you can tounge bathe their balls over there all day every day and nobody will care.

This thread is for shitting on Blizzard.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Way to miss the point as always. There is an entire thread devoted to Faggot Fantasy and you can tounge bathe their balls over there all day every day and nobody will care.

I'm shitting on Blizzard by making unfavourable comparisons to the current #1 MMO.

Specifically how WoW will only do things if it pushes marketing while FF14 does things to honour it's story and world for the sake of it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's hilarious how FF14 is now the #1 MMO. I'm not sure if it's because they've risen as much as it's because WoW has just fallen.

FF14 is something I should have been hugely into all these years, as I grew up with FF games and always wanted to play an MMO version of them with other people, back when I was actually social. Yet I totally missed FF14, and FF11, and even freaking Crystal Chronicles with its small group co-op.

TBH it sounds like I missed out, but unfortunately I can't split into multiple people to experience all the stuff that I miss because there are only so many hours in a life.

Anyway, hilarious that WoW could have such incredible amounts of both player support AND content and completely fuck up both of them. Going back to playing WoW carries with it a strong sense of "nothing actually matters, it's all gonna be obsoleted/reset anyway". Only reason I want to do the Shadowlands tour at all is just so I don't miss out on a particular expac. It isn't to "continue developing my character" or link it all together or even "catch up" because those things don't matter. It might as well be the latest installment of a single-player racing game that has nothing to do with the previous installments, but I want to check it out and see what cars it has before the next iteration comes out and obsoletes it.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Nobody is asking about FF14. If we wanted to play FF14 we would play FF14. If we wanted to talk about FF14 we would be in the FF14 thread.

I gave FF14 what I think to be a good chance. I don't hate _everything_ about it but I vastly prefer the setting, style, and gameplay of WoW.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Going back to AQ so we had enough tanks was a fucking nightmare where everyone wanted to bring an alt to gear up
On one hand I can understand not wanting to farm old content, on the other hand doing the same 8 M+ dungeons the entire expansion also sucks, which is why people clamor for timewalking. Especially when the current expansion dungeons are seen as a step backward from previous dungeons.

On the other hand, that's entirely on your guild leadership not clamping down on that alt thing and limiting how many people can bring to a raid, especially when focusing on gearing tanks for 4H. Also, you'd speedrun that shit, since most people are geared and should know the fights. I'm not saying you should've competed with current WoW Classic speedrun metas (that both have BWL and AQ40 down well under 20 and 30 minutes respectively), but you can speed up things.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Nobody is asking about FF14. If we wanted to play FF14 we would play FF14. If we wanted to talk about FF14 we would be in the FF14 thread.
I'm sorry to hear that your manly "warcraft" game is now ruled by trans people and furries.

How about a nice game of chess?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Some really odd takes here in support of FF14. For me at least it has nothing to do with the manliness of a game. FF14 gameplay is just trash and the story is JRPG drivel.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande

I gave FF14 what I think to be a good chance. I don't hate _everything_ about it but I vastly prefer the setting, style, and gameplay of WoW.
You went off on a rant about it, I just compared how FF14 is adding a random questline for lore reasons soon while WoW has a giant sword sticking out of a destroyed zone. Because corporate marketing demands big themed patches.

Better JRPG drivel than tranny butter god and tranny dragons, and the raids (and now PvP) are better than WoWs.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm shitting on Blizzard by making unfavourable comparisons to the current #1 MMO.

Specifically how WoW will only do things if it pushes marketing while FF14 does things to honour it's story and world for the sake of it.

This is you missing the point again, which was even spelled out for you to no avail. Here's what was said:
That's how insufferable your posts are; I actually want to support the product not by it's own inherent value but just because it seems to make people like you hate it so.

Booze even made it more clear:

So let me try and make it clear for you again: no one is attempting to defend the alphabet people at Blizzard. In fact, by and large, we'd rather laugh at them and their retarded design decisions. This can be done via it's own inherent stupidity. What's annoying is the fact that you keep popping up in every thread to lecture us about the virtue's of FF. An MMO comparison is fine but when it's literally all you do in the thread dedicated towards another MMO it's obnoxious as fuck, to the point where I think you might have more of a mental problem than the aforementioned alphabet folks.

Notice how long it took you before you brought back your amazing FF14 experiences in the WoW thread? Seriously, remove your fourth sentence entirely from this post. It belongs in the FF14 thread. That is what you aren't getting. Nothing of value is lost with the removal of that; it's like a run on sentence that's completely useless in the context of this being the WoW thread.

As it relates to my MMO background: you do understand that I played FF14 extensively, including being in like the world 3rd Turn 4 clears with people on this very forum at launch and have done more Savage raiding than you ever will, right? In so far as WoW is concerned, Heroic / Mythic raiding and M+, which I also did during season 1 of this shitshow expansion (lots of people here to attest to what my M+ IO looked like in S1 as I stayed in the forum guild for it). The ending is the cake though: yes, I still play MMOs.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is you missing the point again, which was even spelled out for you to no avail. Here's what was said:

Booze even made it more clear:

So let me try and make it clear for you again: no one is attempting to defend the alphabet people at Blizzard. In fact, by and large, we'd rather laugh at them and their retarded design decisions. This can be done via it's own inherent stupidity. What's annoying is the fact that you keep popping up in every thread to lecture us about the virtue's of FF. An MMO comparison is fine but when it's literally all you do in the thread dedicated towards another MMO it's obnoxious as fuck, to the point where I think you might have more of a mental problem than the aforementioned alphabet folks.

Notice how long it took you before you brought back your amazing FF14 experiences in the WoW thread? Seriously, remove your fourth sentence entirely from this post. It belongs in the FF14 thread. That is what you aren't getting. Nothing of value is lost with the removal of that; it's like a run on sentence that's completely useless in the context of this being the WoW thread.

As it relates to my MMO background: you do understand that I played FF14 extensively, including being in like the world 3rd Turn 4 clears with people on this very forum at launch and have done more Savage raiding than you ever will, right? In so far as WoW is concerned, Heroic / Mythic raiding and M+, which I also did during season 1 of this shitshow expansion (lots of people here to attest to what my M+ IO looked like in S1 as I stayed in the forum guild for it). The ending is the cake though: yes, I still play MMOs.
That's nothing, I got server 1st Princess Huhuran back in AQ40. So I'm obviously informed enough to talk about current day WoW raiding.

What's the last conversation in this thread about live WoW gameplay anyway? Anyone got any tips for Zereth Moris farming or raiding The Jailer?

• 2Worf

Merrith

I still remember being short a tank or 2 for 4H, and having 2 of our fury warr in Vanilla strap on their t2 sets and act as tanks. Wasn't ideal, but still workable.

Burns

On one hand I can understand not wanting to farm old content, on the other hand doing the same 8 M+ dungeons the entire expansion also sucks, which is why people clamor for timewalking. Especially when the current expansion dungeons are seen as a step backward from previous dungeons.

On the other hand, that's entirely on your guild leadership not clamping down on that alt thing and limiting how many people can bring to a raid, especially when focusing on gearing tanks for 4H. Also, you'd speedrun that shit, since most people are geared and should know the fights. I'm not saying you should've competed with current WoW Classic speedrun metas (that both have BWL and AQ40 down well under 20 and 30 minutes respectively), but you can speed up things.
M+ certainly has the same issue that raids did when we had to do go back and farm old shit. This is a Blizzard problem that they introduced with M+, in that dungeons are much more important for progression with the ilevels involved. They need to space out dungeons, and/or release 4 more dungeons every season, just like raids. It seems they are kinda going this route in 10.0 with only 4 Dragon Isle, and 4 timewalking being in season 1 (and season 2 having the remining 4 Dragon Isle).

In Legion and BFA I was done with M+ after the second week that raids were open. I cant stay on that treadmill that long, either.

As for wiping on old farm shit due to alts:
Allowing alts on farming raids was always a huge balancing act, as a core 15 or 20 people had to fill the vital roles (healers/tanks, and a few really high DPS), or the timmies, that we were inevitable straddled with, would die, and cause a wipe. Seeing all the DPS able to switch to alts, but not the good tanks and healers was burning out/pissing off the good players that we couldn't afford to lose. So, it often felt like there was not much the officers could do.

Last edited: