World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I imagine Ashenvale PVP will be pretty nuts, the entire area from the BFD summoning stone to the entrance will be littered with dead bodies and PVP.

Trying to target the healer when numerous classes can heal is going to be absurd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm betting the Ashenvale PVP will be like the Silithus and Eest Plaguelands PVP objectives, where participation is rewarded but not mandatory on PVE servers.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I imagine Ashenvale PVP will be pretty nuts, the entire area from the BFD summoning stone to the entrance will be littered with dead bodies and PVP.

Trying to target the healer when numerous classes can heal is going to be absurd.
Also

im-having-a-connection-issue.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

WoW Classic Season of Discovery​

• Phase 1 will be Level 25, Phase 2 will be Level 40, Phase 3 will be Level 50, and Phase 4 will be Level 60. Blizzard hasn't decided entirely on the time durations for each phase.
  • Level-Up Raids and Open World events from previous phases will still be relevant in later phases, as Season of Discovery progresses. Blizzard believes players will certainly go back into previous raids while leveling up.
  • Raids from WoW Classic will make a return in Season of Discovery in later Phases after Level 60. Blizzard might make changes to those raids, still developing that.
  • Blizzard said they maybe will create new Legendary items for Season of Discovery. Blizzard is excited to explore new areas and some quest chains that never were completed in original Vanilla.
  • Gold buying, selling, and Botting are hard for Blizzard to discuss openly, because it is an arms race with Botters. Blizzard is making changes and monitoring it closely. Blizzard is committed to continue fighting this battle, even if it is endless.
  • Blizzard has been making adjustments to realms and realm caps over time. Blizzard also believes by having fewer realm options, it could lead to a healthier balance of faction population on PvP Realms.
  • Azeroth should feel challenging and exciting for players, so Blizzard is aware of the player power gained from Runes in the new Season of Discovery. Where it will be appropriate to balance the open world, Blizzard will do it. The same goes for Raids and Dungeons.
  • For Season of Discovery, Blizzard has focused Shaman's Enhancement damage to be more focused on the Burning Crusade version, which is Dual wield focused with Lava Lash. Blizzard is listening to player feedback regarding that.
  • Blizzard "accidentally" teased Scarlet Monastery at BlizzCon and there are tons of new things Blizzard is creating that wasn't teased at all. There will be brand new, never before seen content added into Season of Discovery.
  • There might be Runes in future Phases that might make hybrid classes more viable, such as Holy Smite Priest.
  • The world is the main character in Season of Discovery, Blizzard likes the level banded content because they can really focus on various parts of the world and create new content for that.
  • Racial Skills are important for Class fantasy and defines characters. Blizzard will not do anything specific for Racial abilities. But Blizzard does hint that maybe Weapon Skill related Racials will be available through rewards in Level-Up Raids. This will make some Weapon Skill Racials potentially less desirable, and maybe an item like Edgemaster's Handguards won't be as necessary.
  • Blizzard is open to exploring potentially adding in Priest Racials as Runes in later phases. Like non-Dwarf Priests maybe using Fear Ward.
  • Blizzard is really excited for Season of Discovery, but wants to see how players react to Season of Discovery. Seasonal Realms are meant to be temporary, but Blizzard will always guarantee that you'll be able to keep the characters you create. But they aren't sure if the Seasonal changes will have a permanent home or not. They are still discussing it and listening to feedback.

This was from a Q&A today. Some good info on what they wanna do.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I remember day 1 of retail in WoW and how you got stuck in the looting crouch forever because their servers were melting. You could still move, but stuck crouching

Yeah, "Ossoi" on Archimonde got sniped by an SWG enemy and I got to like level 14-15 before Archimonde came down completely. Was down for several days and we decided to re-roll on Laughing Skull.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I remember day 1 of retail in WoW and how you got stuck in the looting crouch forever because their servers were melting. You could still move, but stuck crouching
It took them YEARS to fix that lol, I think it was WotlK when it went away?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
This was from a Q&A today. Some good info on what they wanna do.

I bet the retail developers are going to stay salty because no one wants to play in their Transpanderverse. Looks like some fun changes. The phasing off of leveling is a pretty neat idea.

Imagine an entire group of one class that can heal, tank, and dps. PVP would be insane.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
To further emphasis that one point:

Aggrend:
WoW Classic Producer

This is an interesting question. I think the problem isn't nessesarily the racials but the lack of weaponskill from other sources. No promises or specifics, but I think its safe to say we have a lot of opportunities now that we can actually make brand new vanilla items. Items aren't the only vector for said opportunities as well.
It'll be interesting to see where we end up as we get closer to 60, but I think it's pretty safe to say you'll be just fine if you pick, say, a Dwarf or a Tauren for your warrior in Season of Discovery.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Likely going PVP East Alliance, actually (not that anyone really cares!).

Last edited:

Dalien

Registered Hodor
My brother and his friend ended up trying like 4 different classic servers when that first dropped and every single one turned lopsided. If it was 55/45 A/H it would take mere weeks for the horde to relocate and it be 80/20.

Until they reattach their dicks at blizzard and do something to actually force faction balance instead of having pvp server queues not give a shit which faction you are logging in to play on, world pvp is just not going to be balanced and good.

This is what happened to my guild. We started on Stalagg Alliance which was like 40/60 A/H at launch. Shortly after the Honor system launched (pre-BGs) it quickly snowballed to like 5/95 A/H. It was a pain in the dick to level, groups of Horde were camping like 95% of the world map hungry for Honor. I ended up doing 57-60 killing those ghosts in the caves under Kharazan, which I think was the last "safe" place to kill stuff outdoors because the zoomers didn't know about it. We (note: not my casual ass) raided for a bit but it was stupid having to use 2-3 raid groups to clear the path so the one with world buffs could enter. Also the AH was completely barren which sucked bad.

Guild eventually decided to transfer to Incendius, which was like 48/52 A/H at the time. There were a few resident Horde guilds griefing the MC/BWL entrance every night so we decided to camp them back. Note that my guild was pretty sweaty and autistic and used shit like mass sappers, multiple attack squads, attack vectors, and other funny shit like that. We took over the mountain for 3 or 4 nights and the Horde guilds started to transfer off. This snowballed of course to like 90/10 A/H by the time I quit. It was basically an Alliance PvE server where you might get ganked once a week by one of the three Horde rogues left. This got boring.

After I quit the guild transferred to Benediction, which was also fairly balanced at the time. I didn't follow the hijinks there but looking at the stats now it's 99/1 A/H. Sounds about right.

Anyways, SoD looks like it could be fun to play. If there's a forum guild for Alliance PvE somewhere I'll probably hop in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is what happened to my guild. We started on Stalagg Alliance which was like 40/60 A/H at launch. Shortly after the Honor system launched (pre-BGs) it quickly snowballed to like 5/95 A/H. It was a pain in the dick to level, groups of Horde were camping like 95% of the world map hungry for Honor. I ended up doing 57-60 killing those ghosts in the caves under Kharazan, which I think was the last "safe" place to kill stuff outdoors because the zoomers didn't know about it. We (note: not my casual ass) raided for a bit but it was stupid having to use 2-3 raid groups to clear the path so the one with world buffs could enter. Also the AH was completely barren which sucked bad.

Guild eventually decided to transfer to Incendius, which was like 48/52 A/H at the time. There were a few resident Horde guilds griefing the MC/BWL entrance every night so we decided to camp them back. Note that my guild was pretty sweaty and autistic and used shit like mass sappers, multiple attack squads, attack vectors, and other funny shit like that. We took over the mountain for 3 or 4 nights and the Horde guilds started to transfer off. This snowballed of course to like 90/10 A/H by the time I quit. It was basically an Alliance PvE server where you might get ganked once a week by one of the three Horde rogues left. This got boring.

After I quit the guild transferred to Benediction, which was also fairly balanced at the time. I didn't follow the hijinks there but looking at the stats now it's 99/1 A/H. Sounds about right.

Anyways, SoD looks like it could be fun to play. If there's a forum guild for Alliance PvE somewhere I'll probably hop in.
$25 is the true consequence of pvp?

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looking like I'm gonna be rolling a Human Warlock. It's funny, the first time I played WoW I was drawn to Horde because it was different, but every person I knew that played were all Alliance. I always hated feeling like I got pigeon-holed into playing Alliance any time I'd pick up the game, so when I finally got to play Horde with some work buddies, I initially had a blast. After playing both sides of the fence, I do think I prefer Alliance overall now lol. Except for gnomes.... Fuck gnomes.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Orgrimmar is way better than Stormwind. I like the Horde aesthetic a lot but I've never leveled the other side at all.