Worst movie you've ever seen?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Capt Lou will always be the true Mario.
RIP
iu

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Master Swordsman Returns

So this is a sequel to a pretty mid-range wuxia film. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s my friends and I would basically rent every shitty movie at blockbuster/first run video just for the lulz. This movie? Literally ruined a friendship and several of my friends swore off "shitty movie night."

It's amazing how bad it is, and how hard it tries to randomly be Star Wars in the middle of a wuxia film. No, it isn't as entertaining as you are thinking from that description - it is dogshit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Master Swordsman Returns

So this is a sequel to a pretty mid-range wuxia film. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s my friends and I would basically rent every shitty movie at blockbuster/first run video just for the lulz. This movie? Literally ruined a friendship and several of my friends swore off "shitty movie night."

It's amazing how bad it is, and how hard it tries to randomly be Star Wars in the middle of a wuxia film. No, it isn't as entertaining as you are thinking from that description - it is dogshit.
thats what you get for watching non Shaw Brothers kung Fu films

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I pretty strongly hate Garden State. It was over the top in trying to be quirky and cute and the Zach Braff character was utterly insufferable.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Waterworld. If they were trying to go for Mad Max on water they failed.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

I know now it's an anti-DnD movie but I had no clue of that when I first saw it. I knew what DnD was. I knew about some of the Christian fundie outage over it. The movie does almost nothing to establish its the game that messes Tom Hanks up. He's the only one that goes crazy and its very plainly schizophrenia he's suffering from.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I know now it's an anti-DnD movie but I had no clue of that when I first saw it. I knew what DnD was. I knew about some of the Christian fundie outage over it. The movie does almost nothing to establish its the game that messes Tom Hanks up. He's the only one that goes crazy and its very plainly schizophrenia he's suffering from.
i read the book too by Rona Jaffe. its not anti DnD. its very specifically about how DnD is what the Hanks character latches onto because he's still coming to terms with his brother's death. he doesnt want to accept that his brother is gone so he goes into this fantasy world where he must find "The Great Hall" and rescue whatever. Hall was his brother. even in the movie, he changes the map the dungeonmaster was using for this one he imagined. i dunno where people think this was an anti DnD movie.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
i dunno where people think this was an anti DnD movie.

This scene for sure.

Looking at the Wikipedia entry it looks like the author was drew some inspiration from the student that disappeared back in '79 that got blamed on DnD. Kid goes missing, must be DnD, has nothing to do with DnD, people still bring it up years later.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This scene for sure.

Looking at the Wikipedia entry it looks like the author was drew some inspiration from the student that disappeared back in '79 that got blamed on DnD. Kid goes missing, must be DnD, has nothing to do with DnD, people still bring it up years later.
hah, yeah that guy was playing the typical "older generation guy who doesnt understand the youth of today" trope. but the protagonists were all normal whitebread college kids just being nerds. Chris Makepiece was a little nutty with his exotic hat collection, but thats still just nerd. things only Hanks was fucked up and he was that way before he ever met those guys.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
yeah there are a lot of movies in this thread that are simply "on the mediocre side" and not truly awful experiences. This is the worst movie I've ever seen.

In school we were rewarded for something I don't remember with a field trip day to the movies, and this was what was playing at the time, so I had to sit through the entire thing without being able to leave.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Movie adaptions that pissed me off, Is am legend and World war Z. I knew and got warned to not go to the theatre thankfully, I was actually mad watching I am Legend at home mumbling curse words.

Also hearing how the movie was great from everyone because it was will Smith made it worse. The whole point of the book is realizing you're the monster. The movie makes him almost a hero

The goal of every movie isn't to perfectly copy a book.

I Am Legend was a perfectly average zombie movie that was carried by Will Smith's dog

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
WWZ can eat my ass. The book is excellent. The movie has one or two lines of dialogue from the book plus it kept the title AND NOTHING ELSE while also being really fucking generic. Oh hey, the main character's daughter is diabetic and that will be a source of conflict and none of these people even exist in the book now take a swing from a big refreshing can of coke as the movie comes to a close.

If you're going to do an adaptation and your familiarity with the book doesn't extend beyond reading the dust cover than the standard for that is Starship Troopers. That's what you are shooting for.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I know you guys like Ernest on this board, because retards, and I won't lie that I have had a laugh or two at him through the years.

But in 1988 I went with my girl and saw this movie in a shitty, drafty, poor sound, small town Nova Scotia theatre and we walked out. I think it is the only movie I ever walked out on. Combination movie and the whole experience.

1655344571352.png

Interesting that I think Gone Baby Gone is an amazing movie and Casey Affleck was a revelation (and he never repeated that kind of performance ever again). One person's trash is another's gold and all that.

And that is a great segue into the movie I probably disliked more than any other just because of the movie (and I know there are people on this board who love it):

1655344755350.png

I really like Wes Anderson as a rule, but I hated this movie. I should probably give it another chance as I saw it in the theatre in 2004 and never watched it again.

• 1WTF
  • 1Picard
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 2 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
And that is a great segue into the movie I probably disliked more than any other just because of the movie (and I know there are people on this board who love it):

View attachment 417378

I really like Wes Anderson as a rule, but I hated this movie. I should probably give it another chance as I saw it in the theatre in 2004 and never watched it again.

DUDE, NO WAY! This movie is FANTASTIC. It’s a perfect Wes Anderson flick and my favorite of all his films next to Fantastic Mr. Fox.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I know you guys like Ernest on this board, because retards, and I won't lie that I have had a laugh or two at him through the years.

But in 1988 I went with my girl and saw this movie in a shitty, drafty, poor sound, small town Nova Scotia theatre and we walked out. I think it is the only movie I ever walked out on. Combination movie and the whole experience.

View attachment 417377

Interesting that I think Gone Baby Gone is an amazing movie and Casey Affleck was a revelation (and he never repeated that kind of performance ever again). One person's trash is another's gold and all that.

View attachment 417378

and people blast me for my taste in films. holy shit, Ernest saves Christmas is a holiday classic, might as well say you hated A Christmas Story or Jingle All the Way. Life Aquatic is another classic, but for some fucking reason its a divisive film and i know people who loved it and others who absolutely hated it. all for different reasons. i think it's one of Murray's best films and have seen it a dozen times or more. i'm not gonna call you any poopy names, but you should give those films another chance, i got wild sex from my GF during Ernest Saves Christmas.