WoW Classic - Guild

Horde or Alliance

• Total voters

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mean if an 18/f/cali wants to snapchat me some pictures of her butthole for loots we can test out the theory.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'd say the razor burn from not knowing what you were doing in a hurry to shave might give it away.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Funny story I was a linkshell (guild) leader in ffxi and a chick did send me nudes for loot. They were good too but probably fake

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Noodleface virtual pimp.

Noodleface whispers, hey what did you think about the girl in the red dress?

• 1Like
  • 1Blown

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
FoH did a “link your item” type of loot council from what I remember and the officers tracked who was useful and showed up.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
FoH did a “link your item” type of loot council from what I remember and the officers tracked who was useful and showed up.

So, a popularity contest within leadership? Sounds fool proof.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Loot council works great when you have a similar makeup, whether it's hardcore poopsockers or a friendly weekend warrior crew. It can suck fast when you try to have a core of hardcores with casual and/or pvp fillers to get it to 40, or if you are easily over 40 and making cuts.

The gear needs to go to the people who raid regularly, but the people who show up half time need to sometimes walk away with something. If you funnel it all to the core you will have an unhappy mob of shitters who feel little motivation to come let alone come prepped and trying hard for at best some rotting mediocre shit. If you gear up the casuals you end up with more filler and happier plebs and a weaker raidforce with your best players the most likely to be mad.

The safest way to go in what I imagine this guild will be forming as is going to be either a heavily lawyered dkp setup or a heavily tracked / dkp backbone but officer merit system. Expect rc loot council to be MORE work than dkp to get as good or better result. Loot categories with the best shit done via raid percentage, some items class priority and others not, adjustments on the fly to fit the class balance (eg half of foh rolls hunter), etc.

You also have to keep in mind that the better the loot system is going to be the more work for the officers it will require. Officer burnout can be a way bigger issue than angry plebs.

Edit - also, most important, put any methodology in writing and public. If you are funneling gear to tanks say so and say why. If you are not going to give sub 90% attendance any rag loot make it a posted rule. Then follow your rules. If you find you have to keep breaking your rules or making arbitrary calls, either your rules suck or you suck. If you can't defend your decision written in public reconsider if you should be deciding something that way. If you are scared of bads raging about ra% rules or legendary prio orders deal with it up front when you post the logic, not after the raid while they are mid temper tantrum.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh good. The loot complaints begin three months before release and like 4 months before the first raid!

Good times.

Since we're looking at what? Onyxia and MC for several months at minimum? Making an objective DKP schedule and use one of the various tools for it. Giving static values for attendance, and boss kill will make people STFU pretty quickly. As the process is transparent. Typical "silent" auction and if you overbid for something? Sucks to be you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
The gear needs to go to the people who raid regularly, but the people who show up half time need to sometimes walk away with something. If you funnel it all to the core you will have an unhappy mob of shitters who feel little motivation to come let alone come prepped and trying hard for at best some rotting mediocre shit. If you gear up the casuals you end up with more filler and happier plebs and a weaker raidforce with your best players the most likely to be mad.
That's why the DKP+loot council system of Juggernaut was the best system ever designed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I see this loot council shit being clicquy as hell with 40 peeps. We all know that cliques form among certain players and shit and this leads to animosity and drama, even if the loot distribution ends up being totally fair.

This needs to be tracked so that, like was said before, if anyone has a beef, you can whip out your 100 page spreadsheet and say, look Timmy, you suck and you dont come to raids so you dont get shit for loot, case closed. Drama averted.

I cant inagine that in 2019 they dont have some in game tracking addon that does all this tracking shit for you.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's why the DKP+loot council system of Juggernaut was the best system ever designed.

I don't know the exact system you had but it sounds like the right idea from what I keep hearing.

Really though I cannot emphasize enough that make rules public is the single most important thing you can do. Nobody will side with Timmy the Tantrum Thrower if your rules say his attendance is too low and/or his fuckups are marked adjustments on a dkp site.

The easiest way to tell if you are unintentionally being cliquey/biased is if you break your own loot rules.

• 1Like