WoW Classic - Guild

Horde or Alliance

• Total voters

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Yeah I see this loot council shit being clicquy as hell with 40 peeps. We all know that cliques form among certain players and shit and this leads to animosity and drama, even if the loot distribution ends up being totally fair.

This needs to be tracked so that, like was said before, if anyone has a beef, you can whip out your 100 page spreadsheet and say, look Timmy, you suck and you dont come to raids so you dont get shit for loot, case closed. Drama averted.

I cant inagine that in 2019 they dont have some in game tracking addon that does all this tracking shit for you.
Yeah I was looking at Kamien's work for the Juggernaut loot system and it looks like modern-day EQDKP+; except the latter actually has in-game addons to track attendance

The more DKP we had, the higher likelihood the officers would award loot, but it wasn't guaranteed. It was like the original Electoral College but for loot.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Guild progression should always take precedence. Like your top tanks and top deeps and healers should always get first dibs on loot so your guild can actually progress, right? End of the day it will never be 100% "fair" to some. But the point is to be as transparent about all this shit as possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In modern WoW the tanks were lowest priority on anything unless tank-specific. I can't tell if that was a meta shift because of the way the game is designed or if its a meta design from the community.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Tanks never die and never lose aggro, its all about mechanics and DPS these days. Also healers never go out of mana. So tank upgrades are pointless.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guild progression should always take precedence. Like your top tanks and top deeps and healers should always get first dibs on loot so your guild can actually progress, right? End of the day it will never be 100% "fair" to some. But the point is to be as transparent about all this shit as possible.

Loot and drama. The main reason most raiding guilds fall apart. I wonder how real life pirates dealt with it. "Arr matey THAT'S MINE!. I did more DPS on that gold filled galleon! To the yard arm with ye!"

Buff out the main tank (or whatever is the critical class) first and hope he sticks around long enough for the rest to get theirs.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I dont think this was the case in classic, was it?
No. Healers went OOM all the time, tanks died due to lack of heals, tanks lost aggro constantly. It was amazing. Healing took effort back then with canceling at the last second.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
And managing the 5 second rule.

But the tank will generally get gear first anyhow because the tier sets are mostly tank only besides T2.5.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
That's why the DKP+loot council system of Juggernaut was the best system ever designed.

I would describe it more as reverse DKP+loot council. You gained points for looting shit rather than spending points to loot shit, and your points were modified by your attendance % and decayed over time. Lower points = more likely to be awarded an item. There was no point hording, and shitty attendance over the short-term would balloon your total.

It was originally modelled after the loot system Triality used in EQ, although we changed it a ton over the years. But I will happily brag about it because it was the best loot system ever. It required a decent amount of work though.

We also forced people to make BiS lists so the officers and I knew which items were the best for each class/spec.

• 1Like

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Guild should be just a straight DKP since the 20 neckbeards are going to split off and join new guilds by the time the rest of the guild gets 60.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Eh, the guild will probably run into issues by the time Naxx rolls around or if people want to do Viscidus. Other than that, can probably be fine dragging people through stuff.

Lordjenkins

Buzzfeed Editor
<Banned>
Guild should be just a straight DKP since the 20 neckbeards are going to split off and join new guilds by the time the rest of the guild gets 60.

If someone from FoH does this ban them from the site.

• 1Mic Drop

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Night elf mohawk was some good times for Blizzard

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!