X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Arbitrary Arbitrary
Did the comics ever combined Magneto's and Storm's power in the comics? They are both the same in nature(IE ElectroMagnetic force), at least one is a facet of each other.

They could combine them in the greatest rail gun ever powered by The Lorentz force, since both character can add a vector to the equation(one side provides the electricity, one side amplifies the magnetism) . It will be the same as the scientific railgun anime but on steroids.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The cartoon and that era were great. Storm was a brown lady and everyone liked Storm. There weren't articles written pretending people cared one way or the other or made a huge deal about it. Zero manufactured controversy surrounding it.

Then again watch someone find all this shit and I was just living in happy land.
did you purposely forget about jubilee for the lulz?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
did you purposely forget about jubilee for the lulz?

She was an annoying teen and super power was a harmless lightshow. No one liked Jubilee. Dazzler on the other hand.....

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Arbitrary Arbitrary
Did the comics ever combined Magneto's and Storm's power in the comics? They are both the same in nature(IE ElectroMagnetic force), at least one is a facet of each other.

They could combine them in the greatest rail gun ever powered by The Lorentz force, since both character can add a vector to the equation(one side provides the electricity, one side amplifies the magnetism) . It will be the same as the scientific railgun anime but on steroids.

I can't think of one off the top of my head but different powers have been used in a multiplicative fashion a number of times. Gambit mega charging Sebastian Shaw, Cyclops using Bishop as a kind of focus, that sort of thing.

The lightning storm calls down has been shown to do fuckall to Magneto.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Arbitrary Arbitrary

Storm's mutant power is weather control, I doubt she has enough control over the lightning for something like that. Also, in the movies she seems a lot less powerful than the comics, as do most.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
It makes sense to magneto being immune to electricity since well he controls the electromagnetic force.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Storm's mutant power is weather control, I doubt she has enough control over the lightning for something like that. Also, in the movies she seems a lot less powerful than the comics, as do most.
Ackkktually no.
She is an omega level mutant who source of power is the electromagnetic force. The weather control is just one sub category of that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ackkktually no.
She is an omega level mutant who source of power is the electromagnetic force. The weather control is just one sub category of that.
what? no she's not omega, at most shes at the very top of a tier below omega, alpha.

omega is really the psyonic/telepathic ppls or have atomic manipulation like elixar/mister m and not dumb iceman.

storm can say "lightning go there" but she can't create it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Jubilee was aight. I think it was overly stated she was just learning her powers. NO IDEA what ever became of all that in the show.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jubilee was aight. I think it was overly stated she was just learning her powers. NO IDEA what ever became of all that in the show.

I think it was implied that she was incredibly powerful in the future once her abilities developed to something stronger than a flashbang, but it wasn't enough to keep her alive in the DoFP timeline. Aside from that I think the only thing she ever did in the series was run off with Colossus to fight Omega Red, which they were no match for and had to be rescued by the rest of the team + Darkstar.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It makes sense to magneto being immune to electricity since well he controls the electromagnetic force.
Also, when Magneto is flying, he isn't grounded, so lightning can pass through him without hurting him. The same way lightning strikes airplanes / helicopters all the time without any damage. If it were on the ground that's another point entirely, but flying? Whatever.

• 1Dislike

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I don't think the X-Men should exist in the MCU otherwise they would have to do some weird explaining why they weren't there to help the Avengers through all of these various crises. Personally I hope Disney just reboots the franchise, makes the movies closer to R rated (since Logan was great and Deadpool was also great - also TIL Blade movies were also R rated) and they use a grown up cast similar to X-Men 1. I personally loved that first X-men movie and felt they had a great cast and X-men 2 was pretty good; it just started going downhill as a franchise with X-men 3 and those subsequent Wolverine movies

Reboot the shit and get better directors who basically can make a good movie with all-star casts

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
on one hand, fury told stark in ironman 1 "you think you're the only one with superpowers?" obviously there was the hulk and captain america (and retconned to include captain marvel) but the whole "protector initiative" PRIOR to captain marvel implied that fury thinks super powers are a little more common than the rest of the world does...

it wouldn't be a HUGE stretch to say that mutants always were there, they were just hiding. the entire back story of the x-men is that xavier's school for the gifted isn't a school for mutants, it's a school for "special" (aka handicapped, disabled, mentally retarded) kids. that could have ALWAYS been the case. honestly outside of much later stories in the comics, the x-men aren't some privatized military force. they are just trying to live normal lives. they don't want to be heroes. the decimation and beyond could be something that spurs certain characters to take a much more openly hostile/protective position.

but then you have people like magneto... his entire character is built around being a victim and survivor of the holocaust... which would make him like 90 years old now at least. kind of hard to make him not do anything of note until now...

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Could just put him on ice like captain America. Hell he could even recognize him when he was doing all his first avenger shit

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well there have been other holocausts since WW2, the whole Rwandan / Tutsi genocide back in the 90s would be an option.

Could have Magneto as a very angry Tutsi guy who is outraged that so-called western hero nations allowed this to happen and especially that Wakanda with all its super technology did nothing to help.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Have it so that there have always been mutants, just not many. Xavier's school has always been out there in hiding with a small number of students with a few teachers like Beast and maybe Storm (same age as Blank Panther to set up future relationship). Magneto can be a Soviet Union gulag victim from Sokovia.

Then have the people who got snapped have a higher than usual chance of developing mutant powers due to their contact with the infinity gems. Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel both have infinity stone derived powers already. Perhaps they were both only able to be infused with those powers because they have the mutant gene.

Now there are way more mutants and Xavier rises to prominence due to his experience with dealing with them. Actually cast teenagers (not young looking 20 year olds), younger than Sansa Stark even. Have the kids break out of the school to go on a save the world adventure (probably vs Magneto), cause a bunch of damage and blow their cover.

In Avengers 5 the UN sends The Avengers in via Sokovia Accords to go in and neutralise the threat, they learn that they are not actually a threat and have Scarlet Witch meet Magneto who is revealed to be her father and had her adopted to keep her safe. Have somewhat of a Civil War 2 with Avengers fighting X Men and some swapping sides.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well there have been other holocausts since WW2, the whole Rwandan / Tutsi genocide back in the 90s would be an option.

Could have Magneto as a very angry Tutsi guy who is outraged that so-called western hero nations allowed this to happen and especially that Wakanda with all its super technology did nothing to help.

Preemptively voting no on Magnegro.

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users