You know you're getting old when.....

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah was one of our favourite games next to Pole Position and Racing Destruction Kit.
We knew fuck all about how to actually win though.

That was true of a few C64 games for me. Just aimlessly played, trying to figure out wtf is going on.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
That was true of a few C64 games for me. Just aimlessly played, trying to figure out wtf is going on.
Having no manual because you got your copy off the schoolyard probably didn't help heh. Ahh the good old days of software piracy.

Sterling

El Presidente
I put many, many hours into Spyhunter like that. The C64 was when I first got real deep on RPGs though. Bard's Tales, Ultimas, Wizardries, etc. Ultima 5 was 8 floppies. SO HUGE. World changed when I got my 640k RAM Tandy 1000 though!

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any of you guys ever own one of these...
s-l1600.jpg

I used to have a bunch of ghetto blasters, but never could afford this one Clairtone 7980 the crown jewel of boom boxes imo

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Seriously. Someone do me a favor and give haus more likes for that link. I killed the rest of the day yesterday trying to remember where all the secret rooms were.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
That was my favorite C64 game hands down.

"Stay a while..... stay... FOREVARRRRR!"

Holy shit the game just talked to me!

Looking back, I had a ton of pirated games for the C-64. This was pre-internet, how did that shit get to my rural town, population 50 not counting pets? Mind blown.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
How the fuck do you manage to live to be 129 and be that miserable?

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Having no manual because you got your copy off the schoolyard probably didn't help heh. Ahh the good old days of software piracy.

Fuck, I remember making photocopies of manuals that required specific bullshit from the manual. Like Rise of the Robots. (and some other point and click shit from before that)

What was the system that required a floppy before turning it on? Apostolos Apostolos , that looks like the one we used in 2nd or 3rd grade for Oregon Trail...

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Did any of you guys ever use the matchmaking software Kali? I used to to play Warcraft 2 online pre battlenet. I think it worked for Duke Nukem and other games as well.

My uncle incorporated Kali into a local dialup BBS. Kali was early internet matchmaking...remember using AOL disk/disc with a cc generator in order to get online for free indefinitely. Just had to use an old enough version of AOL. Shit, thems the days.

• 1Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
When you have a 40 pound cabinet above your toilet come loose and fall to the bathroom floor and it was only a matter of sheer luck (and a slightly unruly dog) that kept it from falling on you as it fell at 10:32 which is when you are normally 2 minutes into your regularly scheduled 10:30 pre-bed deuce drop.

loudgas

probably 40 pounds worth of your wife's crap too...she is out to get you :)

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
probably 40 pounds worth of your wife's crap too...she is out to get you :)

Na Bro... My wife and I have fully embraced that a key to a happy marriage is that we both have our own bathrooms.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

loudgas

Turning 50 this week, feeling this one more than the others...someone tell me I'm going down a hill and not off a cliff lol

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Man I wish I had an oriental kung fu master who I could get to do that to annoying cunts.

That was luke skywalker from star track, dumbass. Do you even scifi?

• 1Worf
  • 1Triggered

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You remember when

CNN covered news
MTV showed music videos
ESPN talked about sports
Weather channel covered weather

If you remember that, you're old.

• 4Like