You know you're getting old when.....

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My calves used to cramp up in the middle of the night when I first joined the army (15 years ago). I couldn’t get supplements so I started having a couple bananas (potassium) with each meal and that almost completely stopped the cramping.

I had occasional cramps in my calves at night. I just started sleeping with a bar of soap under the mattress and it cleared it right up. It was told to me as a home remedy and I did it as a lark. But sonofabitch it worked. There was one night cramp since I started doing that and it turned out the wife had removed the soap the last time she changed the sheets because she thought it was silly.

I also have some really good jow I slap on when I get a cramp that makes it go away immediately and keeps it from hurting. It used to be that those calf cramps would ache for days after.

Consider having your electrolytes checked, incl mg, ca ionized etc. Unless you’re just a couch potato ofc.

Yeah I drink too much water when I'm out sweating. Ever since I learned that too much gatorade can give you kidney stones I've cut way back on that shit.

If you're wondering, yes I was sweating like crazy in most of the fuck marathons when I cramped up. Sex was good exercise all the way through my 30s.

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
Sex was good exercise all the way through my 30s.

You know you’re getting old when you have to think back to the good old days of having sex in your 30s....

same boat *insert sad panda”

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I’m thinking it’s good to have it checked by a physician, blood works, to rule out electrolyte defficiency, N, K, Cl, Mg and Ca ion. And have an educated assessment to the cause and remedy. Or go ahead with the soap, heh :D

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Late night plow session after I've been drinking all day, and I get a cramp because of course I do. I'm dehydrated as fuck. Didn't happen when I was 28. Sure as fuck happens when I'm 38.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I’m thinking it’s good to have it checked by a physician, blood works, to rule out electrolyte defficiency, N, K, Cl, Mg and Ca ion. And have an educated assessment to the cause and remedy. Or go ahead with the soap, heh :D

BAH of course you so. No doctors get paid when I use a common sense like a bar of soap.

• 2Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
BAH of course you so. No doctors get paid when I use a common sense like a bar of soap.
Say Izo sent you for a 10% discount :D
The soap thing is placebo, well known effect. But it doesn’t last or fix the problem. Getting your electrolytes checked and thus ruling out any easy fixable, or dangerous, causes is the rational move. You’re not 20 yo any more, take care of your body. Similarly if you have tooth pain, you could take pain killers forever. Or hit your toe with a hammer for that sweet lateral inhibition. It works for a while. Or go see a dentist. You have the power, I believe in you Hoss Hoss :D

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Late night plow session after I've been drinking all day, and I get a cramp because of course I do. I'm dehydrated as fuck. Didn't happen when I was 28. Sure as fuck happens when I'm 38.

I almost never get enough to drink. A few years back I realized some days I would drink 3 cans of soda and...that's it. Cans are convenient, but that was a bad habit. I'm still lazy, and hate water so I switched to Body Armor drinks, its electrolytes come from Potassium instead of sodium, so should be better (insert Idiocracy quote here).

Still has a ton of sugar, but I hate those healthy drinks that have nice sounding flavors, but when you drink it, tastes like water that probably passed 5' within fruit during shipping, and that's all the flavor you get :p

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like, if it weren't for modern medicine, you'd have succumbed to natural selection by now.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Started walking and exercising to lose some of this shit weight. Down just shy of 30lbs but started getting pain above my ass and on my right hip. Got fuckin’ arthritis and sciatica.

• 1Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I almost never get enough to drink. A few years back I realized some days I would drink 3 cans of soda and...that's it. Cans are convenient, but that was a bad habit. I'm still lazy, and hate water so I switched to Body Armor drinks, its electrolytes come from Potassium instead of sodium, so should be better (insert Idiocracy quote here).

Still has a ton of sugar, but I hate those healthy drinks that have nice sounding flavors, but when you drink it, tastes like water that probably passed 5' within fruit during shipping, and that's all the flavor you get :p

You could try the angle I did. It also helps with my daily caffeine dosing. Get yourself a 30oz Yeti style tumbler (one that can keep ice cold for a long time). Then Ice, Water, and this stuff :

Protip: There are lots of flavors, and DON'T buy it from Amazon, it's half that price at WalMart. I prefer that flavor, and the Mio Energy Black Cherry.

You get essentially sugar free kool aid, plus all the B vitamins and Caffeine that make Red Bull fun.

Protip 2 : You can go 2 parts water to one part Vokda for essentially homemade 4loco.

• 1Mother of God

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Sounds like, if it weren't for modern medicine, you'd have succumbed to natural selection by now.

Maybe so maybe no. If not for modern medicine (the pill and condoms) I would have also had a lot of kids before I got eaten trying to wrestle a grizzly.

• 1EyeRoll

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe so maybe no. If not for modern medicine (the pill and condoms) I would have also had a lot of kids before I got eaten trying to wrestle a grizzly.

Is grizzly wrestling a common occurrence where you live? I've only ever seen one at the zoo. Wild hogs is another matter though. They will run you gore and bite your dick off, just for sport.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is grizzly wrestling a common occurrence where you live? I've only ever seen one at the zoo. Wild hogs is another matter though. They will run you gore and bite your dick off, just for sport.
How do you know they’d do that?

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Started walking and exercising to lose some of this shit weight. Down just shy of 30lbs but started getting pain above my ass and on my right hip. Got fuckin’ arthritis and sciatica.
See PT and stretch.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Sounds like maybe shit shoes or you tend to use a primary leg. My back is all fucked up from when I broke my ankle. Tend to favor my leg that doesn't have plates and screws in it. After 14 years, the knee on my "good" leg is feeling well used.