You know you're getting old when.....

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think I type faster than I actually do. I have to be sure to proof read my shit because I'm always leaving out whole ass words. My best guess is that my mind THINKS I'm typing faster and just skips words to keep up with my train of thought.

Come to think of it, I'm not 100% sure this is a getting older thing. I've always typed slow. The difference now is that my subconscious apparently thinks I've gotten faster.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I think I type faster than I actually do. I have to be sure to proof read my shit because I'm always leaving out whole ass words. My best guess is that my mind THINKS I'm typing faster and just skips words to keep up with my train of thought.

Come to think of it, I'm not 100% sure this is a getting older thing. I've always typed slow. The difference now is that my subconscious apparently thinks I've gotten faster.
I did an online typing test for a friend with cerebral palsy not too long ago, even though they could type faster with one hand than most people I know so that they could get an online support job. I was typing 120+ wpm with minimal errors when I was 17-21. Apparently, I've dropped down to a solid 90wpm including corrections (deleting/retyping). Not terrible. But I do also find myself omitting words: e.g. "Will plan to..." vs. "I will plan to...". After installing Grammarly, I've realized my grammar can be pretty shit, even if it's plenty readable and understandable.

main-qimg-77ef6c5249c60a88d92f4cb9ad0442e3.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I did an online typing test for a friend with cerebral palsy not too long ago, even though they could type faster with one hand than most people I know so that they could get an online support job. I was typing 120+ wpm with minimal errors when I was 17-21. Apparently, I've dropped down to a solid 90wpm including corrections (deleting/retyping). Not terrible. But I do also find myself omitting words: e.g. "Will plan to..." vs. "I will plan to...". After installing Grammarly, I've realized my grammar can be pretty shit, even if it's plenty readable and understandable.

View attachment 318395

In HS I did a typing test on the computer and scored north of 100 by just banging away on random keys and taking the penalties for the errors. In real life, I believe my typing speed was like 25 WPM. Haven't done one since. I think my mom was close to 200 IIRC. I saw her typing on electic typewriters and she'd outrun the thing so badly that she'd have to pause and give it a minute to catch up. And that included correcting errors sometimes.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My calves used to cramp up in the middle of the night when I first joined the army (15 years ago). I couldn’t get supplements so I started having a couple bananas (potassium) with each meal and that almost completely stopped the cramping.
Yeah potassium supplements do wonders.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
My calves used to cramp up in the middle of the night when I first joined the army (15 years ago). I couldn’t get supplements so I started having a couple bananas (potassium) with each meal and that almost completely stopped the cramping.

I had some similar issues but didn't go that far. Work in a Banana as a snack every other day and any nighttime charlie horse issues I had vanished.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
And if you don't like the taste of bananas you can take them as a suppository. All the nutrients none ofthe calories.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Reading about Ford doing away with the column shifter in 2022 and going to push button only for the trans, remember back first new truck I bought had a manual transmission. That's old. But yes also old, took typing class in high school.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
1989, she was 18. I was 7. I remember fuck all about this show, but I do remember staring at this hot piece of ass.

Melody-s1-01.jpg

140610213413-02-hey-dude-live-video.png

04983b5d719c1eec28075d097c8ef4bc--christine-taylor-movie-stars.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think this perfectly exemplifies getting old.

my wife has a multitude of auto immune diseases and has went though kidney and liver failure multiple times since she’s been 20...so not age necessarily, but I get the sentiment. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
my wife has a multitude of auto immune diseases and has went though kidney and liver failure multiple times since she’s been 20...so not age necessarily, but I get the sentiment. :)
Well fuck you lol. Way to make me feel bad. I just thought it was RA worsening just due to getting a little older.

• 2Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well fuck you lol. Way to make me feel bad. I just thought it was RA worsening just due to getting a little older.

lol you’re good. She laughs it all off because, what else can you do in that position? I’m sure it’s got worse with age though, she had to have her bladder removed two years ago because of it all.

she’s still upbeat through it all, literally the strongest person I know.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Im sure it’s got worse with age though, she had to have her bladder removed two years ago because of it all.
I'm glad she can laugh about it, that would piss me off.

I'll let myself out.

• 4Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I actually feel a twinge in my knees going up the stairs to the 2nd floor of the house now. Years of sports and the infantry took their toll says the doc.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I actually feel a twinge in my knees going up the stairs to the 2nd floor of the house now. Years of sports and the infantry took their toll says the doc.

I know those feels.....

I'm in that boat from years of goaltending in hockey....

Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus played sports in high school and has had to have both knees scoped, used to be able to hear crackling inside them.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I
I know those feels.....

I'm in that boat from years of goaltending in hockey....

Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus played sports in high school and has had to have both knees scoped, used to be able to hear crackling inside them.
Have had the crackling for years. About 6 months ago I felt slight discomfort behind the knee cap going up my stairs. Granted it's a really old house and the stairs are pretty steep by modern standards. It still annoys me.