You know you're getting old when.....

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I know those feels.....

I'm in that boat from years of goaltending in hockey....

Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus played sports in high school and has had to have both knees scoped, used to be able to hear crackling inside them.

Dude, you butterfly?

That crap has to be terrible for your body. I play defense and it's hard on my body, too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Dude, you butterfly?

That crap has to be terrible for your body. I play defense and it's hard on my body, too.

I USED to butterfly... Now it would be like "buttercollapsing" since I'm in my 50's. heh

Yeah, knees took a beating because of that, and that I used to play indoor court volleyball recreationally (also not knee friendly). The worst was that I played in crap hockey leagues with defensemen who could barely skate so I was always getting incidentally plowed into.

• 1Worf

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I USED to butterfly... Now it would be like "buttercollapsing" since I'm in my 50's. heh

Yeah, knees took a beating because of that, and that I used to play indoor court volleyball recreationally (also not knee friendly). The worst was that I played in crap hockey leagues with defensemen who could barely skate so I was always getting incidentally plowed into.

Oh, I play in a couple leagues, and help in a starter league. Plowing into the goalie is just a brutal part of the beginners game.

I salute you, and your knees!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
pbsT3pO.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Watching an old 90's show and they bring up putting a 10-disc CD changer in the trunk of their vehicle and how I take having the entirety of all music from all time at my finger tips for granted.

• 1Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Watching an old 90's show and they bring up putting a 10-disc CD changer in the trunk of their vehicle and how I take having the entirety of all music from all time at my finger tips for granted.

Or when they mention going to a "Library" to research anything.....

Haus

<Silver Donator>
What the FUCK is the Dewey Decimal system? o_O

Yeah, I have thought more than once to make a "living before the internet" challenge game where one of the challenges would be "Send me a pic from your phone, of a card from a card catalog system showing a book's dewey decimal number for the topic of Computer Science"

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I have thought more than once to make a "living before the internet" challenge game where one of the challenges would be "Send me a pic from your phone, of a card from a card catalog system showing a book's dewey decimal number for the topic of Computer Science"

One of these days you are going to plan a LIT sweet 16 party for some lucky girl.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I need to figure out where to buy one of those first. (Willing to buy a starter kit and age it to 16 if needed)

Well if you get one of them Guatemalans headed for the US right now, be aware they celebrate the quincinera which comes a year earlier.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well if you get one of them Guatemalans headed for the US right now, be aware they celebrate the quincinera which comes a year earlier.

I live in NW Dallas, and grew up in East Dallas... I am MORE than familiar with a Quinceañera.

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
When someone you knew in high school is now a grandparent. Them and their kid had their kids after college.

• 1WTF

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
For some reason my knees have gone rogue on me this week. Tweaked my left knee just getting out of the car the other day and then tweaked the other this morning shoveling the driveway. So I basically have that old man gimpy walk going on atm.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
When someone you knew in high school is now a grandparent. Them and their kid had their kids after college.
I am the same age now as my Grandfather when I was born. I have several friends who had kids in their early-mid 20's who also just had kids in their early-mid 20's. Me with my 9 year old daughter who has all the toys and can't imagine a time before streaming, the long ago time of 2008 when Netflix sent you discs, when there was no Internet, when you had to watch just what was on, there was magazine that had TV schedules in it, and when there was only three channels. She has grown up in a world where almost every piece of media is always available at the push of a button. The look on her face trying to comprehend the world of the 1970s is priceless.

I haven't been to an actual library though in decades. I can't imagine how you could improve upon the Dewey Decimal system The card catalog, that is a different matter.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I am the same age now as my Grandfather when I was born. I have several friends who had kids in their early-mid 20's who also just had kids in their early-mid 20's. Me with my 9 year old daughter who has all the toys and can't imagine a time before streaming, the long ago time of 2008 when Netflix sent you discs, when there was no Internet, when you had to watch just what was on, there was magazine that had TV schedules in it, and when there was only three channels. She has grown up in a world where almost every piece of media is always available at the push of a button. The look on her face trying to comprehend the world of the 1970s is priceless.

I haven't been to an actual library though in decades. I can't imagine how you could improve upon the Dewey Decimal system The card catalog, that is a different matter.
I love the library in theory, in practice it was just a place the homeless went in the summer to keep cool and in the winter to keep warm.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
You look at the stuff people post in this thread;

and make this face;

clint eastwood kids GIF

I don't get 90% of the clips posted there, because I am old and out of touch.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You look at the stuff people post in this thread;

and make this face;

clint eastwood kids GIF

I don't get 90% of the clips posted there, because I am old and out of touch.
I mean there are old people on Twitch too!

• 1Worf