You know you're getting old when.....

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJR

45098231_10218046591140673_7384379620390338560_n.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I’ve been trying to play some of the newer 2d platformers on my switch and getting frustrated that while my mind and focus are on point my hands just can’t keep up with some of the tighter controls and movement requirements.

I got fed up and went back to some older ones like mega man and I find that my hands are still cramping up in some of the more involved screens/stages while remembering how I used to beast through those games in 40 minutes flat.

Brad2770

I’ve been trying to play some of the newer 2d platformers on my switch and getting frustrated that while my mind and focus are on point my hands just can’t keep up with some of the tighter controls and movement requirements.

I got fed up and went back to some older ones like mega man and I find that my hands are still cramping up in some of the more involved screens/stages while remembering how I used to beast through those games in 40 minutes flat.

Are you also thrusting the controller in the direction that your sprite needs to jump?

I used to think my mom the fool in the 80’s when she did that. Little did I know she was way ahead of her time.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard

I always had really shit gaming reflexes, and I know exactly what you are talking about. Well, not the cramping but just generally being really bad at anything needing fast input. One of the reasons why i used to like World of Tanks is because reflexes weren't needed.

I played through Immortals Fenex Rising and had to physically stop and think what I was doing before getting good at it. This would have taken me seconds when I was younger.

• 1Solidarity

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I always had really shit gaming reflexes, and I know exactly what you are talking about. Well, not the cramping but just generally being really bad at anything needing fast input. One of the reasons why i used to like World of Tanks is because reflexes weren't needed.

I played through Immortals Fenex Rising and had to physically stop and think what I was doing before getting good at it. This would have taken me seconds when I was younger.
That’s the shitty thing, I used to have really good reflexes and had no issues bouncing around in games that needed it. Everything nowadays is built around speedrunning so when I’m required to jump/dash/bounce off an enemy/second dash/wall jump/dash my hands just can’t keep up. Really kills me when I’m playing a game and enjoying the paces at first and then the dexterity check just skyrockets.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This person from season one of Star Trek TNG. She's 53 now. That level of youth never looked so far away.

Isabel Lorca.
Gabrielle.jpg

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
You remember thinking it was highway robbery when you had to pay 24 cents per shot for hollow point 9mm ammo.

• 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rodney King incident was 30 years ago today. Thanks for the gut punch Wikipedia.

• 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Was asked today why a cigarette lighter plug was called that.

• 3Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Watched the first 10 and didn't recognize a single song. Only recognized 2 artists. So I figured maybe they're putting the good ones at the end and watched the last few. Didn't know any of those either.

Worst.
Video.
Ever.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Watched the first 10 and didn't recognize a single song. Only recognized 2 artists. So I figured maybe they're putting the good ones at the end and watched the last few. Didn't know any of those either.

Worst.
Video.
Ever.
Did you just never listen to the radio or see any movie between 1996 and 2001? There were a few that I was like "what the fuck" but for the most part this whole video tickled my nostalgic balls something furious. There was a sound back then that, listening back on now, I wish I'd appreciated more.

Not this, but the softness, happiness, hopefulness, innocence, is something I certainly miss. There's music out there like this today, but it's no longer popular. Today is wet ass pussy, yesterday it was Madonna's cone tits and like a virgin. Eh. Fuck it. I'm definitely not with "it" anymore. Thank God I'm OK with that.

• 1Solidarity