You know you're getting old when.....

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
you know you're getting old when you start checking some of your old FB posts and totally missed that one of your exes from the fricking 80s posted, asking you out on a date.
View attachment 397290
this is so weird to me, i havent seen this woman in over 30 years, we never really went out on dates as i was only 15 or 16 and we just hung out together and fooled around sometimes. neither one of us looks the same as we did 35 years ago so if we see each other its likely going to be a disappointment to one or both of us.

Dear FoH , what do i do?
Post pics of her

Tell her you go by Astrocreep these days

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m younger than most on these boards as I was like 10 when I started playing EQ but I have a few of my own “eh I’m getting older moments.”

1) Took a flight to some small town in Georgia and when I got on the airport shuttle the pilots joined us and were clearly younger than me

2) Went to the beach, putting on sunscreen and when I’m finished the wife handed it back and said “you need to put some on your bald spot (what bald spot?!)”

• 2Rustled
  • 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
2) Went to the beach, putting on sunscreen and when I’m finished the wife handed it back and said “you need to put some on your bald spot (what bald spot?!)”
you need a new barber, he's supposed to be a bro and tell you if he starts seeing thinning hair

unless youre still doing covid at home cuts

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
you know you're getting old when you start checking some of your old FB posts and totally missed that one of your exes from the fricking 80s posted, asking you out on a date.
View attachment 397290
this is so weird to me, i havent seen this woman in over 30 years, we never really went out on dates as i was only 15 or 16 and we just hung out together and fooled around sometimes. neither one of us looks the same as we did 35 years ago so if we see each other its likely going to be a disappointment to one or both of us.

Dear FoH , what do i do?
I had something very similar happen to me. She was my gf for about three months when I was 16 and obsession would be understating her feelings towards me back then. She's still hot but ultimately why would I do anything with someone my age, that's gross.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I had something very similar happen to me. She was my gf for about three months when I was 16 and obsession would be understating her feelings towards me back then. She's still hot but ultimately why would I do anything with someone my age, that's gross.
Same, but it was such an out of the blue kind of thing. She didnt even send me a private message, just a comment on one of my posts. Im curious what all this about.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same, but it was such an out of the blue kind of thing. She didnt even send me a private message, just a comment on one of my posts. Im curious what all this about.

Desperation. She's going way back through her roladex to see who will give her the time of day.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Desperation. She's going way back through her roladex to see who will give her the time of day.
she is single and has a different last name than when i knew her. maybe she looking for a sugar daddy for her and her kids if she has any. dating really sucks the older you get because the amount of baggage one accumulates increases exponentially. you cant just date and fuck. you gotta deal with all their problems to the point that they become your problems.

Goatface

my most out of the blue ex moment was a chick calling me up about 3 years after last talking inviting me to her kid's 1st birthday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
My high school GF messaged me about 10 years ago in FB (back when I had an account). I hadn't heard from her since 1981.
The message was a sob story about how she had gotten cancer after we broke up and she almost died - alone - but she overcame it all, blah blah blah.
She wasn't looking for money or a hook-up. I think she was just fishing for a response, like there was some sort of guilt/blame that had been eating away at her all those years. I think she wanted me to be the bad guy she could blame for the awful things that had happened to her.
I took the high road and messaged back to tell her she was brave and strong and similar bullshit, really laid it on thick.
Never heard from her again.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I squatted down to help dress my grandkid today and both my hamstrings cramped. Time to stretch some more I guess.

• 1Like

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Had a fuck buddy I hadn't seen in ten years send me a message out of the blue asking me out. After I pointed out I was already seeing somebody she didn't skip a beat and asked me if any of my friends was single. Some really put in the effort to find someone when they are in their 30s and realise they may become a cat lady.

• 2Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Had a fuck buddy I hadn't seen in ten years send me a message out of the blue asking me out. After I pointed out I was already seeing somebody she didn't skip a beat and asked me if any of my friends was single. Some really put in the effort to find someone when they are in their 30s and realise they may become a cat lady.
thats the dirty little secret behind these aging women, on social media they make cringe posts about being tough and not needing a man to be who they are and its because they are failing to find a man.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
my most out of the blue ex moment was a chick calling me up about 3 years after last talking inviting me to her kid's 1st birthday.

Mine was an ex who had ghosted me and called me 2 years later. She wanted to see wassup n shit, and I hear a kid trying to get her attention.
"Who's that?"
"My daughter"
"How old is she?"
"2"

oooh noo..missa hoss no heeeah

Mind you, my current GF (now wife) was in bed right next to me when I got this call.

I wound up telling her I was seeing someone and that I was living with my mom.

• 2Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Big red flag.

Only time I got a call from an ex was some months after we split. Phone rang, I picked it up and was greeted with wailing and blubbering. I knew that wailing and blubbering, and I said, "You were following too closely, weren't you?" That made her really amp up the wailing and blubbering.

I taught her how to drive, and was constantly telling her she was following too closely. She got her license and I helped her pick out a car. Little red something or other.

She was following too closely and rear ended the car in front...exactly what I told her would happen. Totaled her car, which made me happy.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i messaged her asking what kind of show she was interested in a few days ago. Chick finally got back to me, i guess whatever she needed from me back in October, she got it by now.
chick.jpg

i probably dodged a bullet there.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i messaged her asking what kind of show she was interested in a few days ago. Chick finally got back to me, i guess whatever she needed from me back in October, she got it by now.
View attachment 397543
i probably dodged a bullet there.
Most likely. I had a random high school chick that I recognize but likely never had a single conversation with message me a few months ago. Like you, I didn't see it for a long time. I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was something like just "Hey." I responded, got no response. When I looked through her page from around the same time, I found a ton of begging for help and money. So yeah, we both likely dodged a bullet.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Most likely. I had a random high school chick that I recognize but likely never had a single conversation with message me a few months ago. Like you, I didn't see it for a long time. I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was something like just "Hey." I responded, got no response. When I looked through her page from around the same time, I found a ton of begging for help and money. So yeah, we both likely dodged a bullet.
ive been trying to remember stuff about this girl,(we will call her Tara). i think we stopped seeing each other in the late 80s. some months later she saw me with my new girlfriend and then booked out of there. never saw Tara again . then in the late 90s i was at a party with her sister who is older but much cuter than her and she was drunk. i was trying to hit on her pretty good, but all she could talk about was how much her sister still likes me. i was like "who?", she has like 3 or 4 sisters. when she told me it was this girl Tara from the 80s, i lost interest. after all this time i was just curious what her angle was. i guess i will never know. i wanted to share a funny story for y'all, but so far, not much happened.

• 1Like

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
My dad had this woman that he saw when he was 18 call him out of the blue about 20 years later. Then ended up dating again and now she's his wife. She also popped out a baby and was pregnant when they got married. They hate each other but have been married for a long time because it's easier than getting a divorce I guess.

Point is, maybe you'll find a wife and maybe you'll hate her.

Edit: Or both

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My dad had this woman that he saw when he was 18 call him out of the blue about 20 years later. Then ended up dating again and now she's his wife. She also popped out a baby and was pregnant when they got married. They hate each other but have been married for a long time because it's easier than getting a divorce I guess.

Point is, maybe you'll find a wife and maybe you'll hate her.

Edit: Or both
heh anything is possible, ill keep an eye on my FB PMs and see if she ever gets back to me. she was kinda cute, but doesnt look the way she did when i was a kid. i wont post rl pics, but when i was 16 she looked like the crazy chick from Ford Fairlane with Andrew Dice Clay.
iu

shit, that really looks exactly like her.

trying to think of what she looks like now. she kinda looks like the singer Tiffany. but what Tiffany looks like today
iu

• 1Like