You know you're getting old when.....

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Realizing I am older than some of the bands now popping up on the classic rock station drove it home for me. And not the bands themselves, but the members.
Classic Rock? You realize that music from the 80's is now classified as "Oldies" , right? Since in the 80's we called 50's music Oldies.....

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Classic Rock? You realize that music from the 80's is now classified as "Oldies" , right? Since in the 80's we called 50's music Oldies.....

Wait that would mean Sweet Child of Mine would be considered music from the 40s. WTF How could you do this to me Haus Haus

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You realize you don't know a single song or artist kids are talking about, and most of it doesn't even sound like music.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Then you realize you don't want to know, don't care to know, and know you would be dumber by degrees if you did know. That's the bliss of age. Confidence in the stupidity of youth and their tastes.

• 8Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You realize you don't know a single song or artist kids are talking about, and most of it doesn't even sound like music.
Im.pretty sure my dad said the same thing when he heard me listen to this band called "Led Zeppelin".

Leon

<Silver Donator>
When your taste in woman changes.

let me rephrase that.

when you no longer look at women in their 20’s as a reasonably attractive prospect.

Bring on them 40 yr old in shape women for me now.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

let me rephrase that.

when you no longer look at women in their 20’s as a reasonably attractive prospect.

lol so true

My wife and I are in our mid 40s, if anything were to happen to her I don't think I could go much younger than 30 and most likely it would be 35+.

Now a weekend in Vegas is a different story, but then again I doubt some 20 something would want anything to do with all my back and ass hair.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Just spent 3 days in the hospital with an infection in my face. Worst part was the shitty toilet they had that whenever I sat down my balls would hit the water.

• 10Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 12 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
lol so true

My wife and I are in our mid 40s, if anything were to happen to her I don't think I could go much younger than 30 and most likely it would be 35+.

Now a weekend in Vegas is a different story, but then again I doubt some 20 something would want anything to do with all my back and ass hair.
In vegas for the right price any 20 ish would be delighted with your hair.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Just spent 3 days in the hospital with an infection in my face. Worst part was the shitty toilet they had that whenever I sat down my balls would hit the water.
This reminded me of something that happened at work. The toilet on it floor was like that, so I'd go up to the upper floor bathroom to do my business. I got called into it office managers office one day and asked why I left at around the same time each day. Do I tried to be vague and said, because the toilet on this floor isn't functional for people like me. Yes, she asked the follow-up. I didn't know the name for it so I said look up witches kiss in the urban dictionary. My issue with it is similar to that.

No further discussion was ever had.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

let me rephrase that.

Ever since I first discovered my Dad's stack of playboys, 40 has been the age for me. Now that I'm over 40 my taste hasn't changed much. I'm really pissed none of my teachers fucked me.

• 4Worf

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I didn't know the name for it so I said look up witches kiss in the urban dictionary. My issue with it is similar to that.

Only name I ever heard was tea bagging. But that's got other more common meanings so it's not ideal in that situation. She might think you're ganking people in call of duty on your bathroom breaks.

Also, urban dictionary is wrong on witches kiss. They're saying it's when the dick touches the bowl. The witches kiss is when you plop a deuce into the water and water splashes into your asshole.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Only name I ever heard was tea bagging. But that's got other more common meanings so it's not ideal in that situation. She might think you're ganking people in call of duty on your bathroom breaks.

Also, urban dictionary is wrong on witches kiss. They're saying it's when the dick touches the bowl. The witches kiss is when you plop a deuce into the water and water splashes into your asshole.
That's Poseidon's kiss.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Im.pretty sure my dad said the same thing when he heard me listen to this band called "Led Zeppelin".
My father would hear Pink Floyd playing on my stereo and ask, "What is that noise?"

Now i hear the shit my kids are listening to and I'm like, "What is that noi ... ah, crap."

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

Mur

Trakanon Raider

let me rephrase that.

... you finally aren't attracted to women at all anymore, and that once a week jerk and squirt is all you really need for true happiness.

• 1Solidarity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I agree that "good music" is entirely subjective from generation to generation, but I refuse to believe that if some kind of objective test were devised, 80s music would be ruled anything but vastly superior to today's "auto-tuned black guy" music. I mean seriously, I thought black culture was mostly about being hard as fuck...why the fuck are they listening to the most effeminate-sounding faggots? I'll make the mistake of clicking on a YouTube video about TikTok because it has some chick with no bra and huge tits on the thumbnail (I'm weak!), and then I'll hear 18 different versions of the same droning auto-tuned god-awful "noise" and wonder what the fuck happened to music. If this is the future of music, just shitcan it all right now, it's dead.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I agree that "good music" is entirely subjective from generation to generation, but I refuse to believe that if some kind of objective test were devised, 80s music would be ruled anything but vastly superior to today's "auto-tuned black guy" music. I mean seriously, I thought black culture was mostly about being hard as fuck...why the fuck are they listening to the most effeminate-sounding faggots? I'll make the mistake of clicking on a YouTube video about TikTok because it has some chick with no bra and huge tits on the thumbnail (I'm weak!), and then I'll hear 18 different versions of the same droning auto-tuned god-awful "noise" and wonder what the fuck happened to music. If this is the future of music, just shitcan it all right now, it's dead.

• 1Triggered

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
If your child listens to shit music, the answer is to learn the lyrics and start singing along.

But if you start down this path be sure you're willing to go all in. My daughter called my bluff and switched to other shitty music. I finally folded when she got to kpop and jpop. At least that's better than most of the pop garbage.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If your child listens to shit music, the answer is to learn the lyrics and start singing along.

But if you start down this path be sure you're willing to go all in. My daughter called my bluff and switched to other shitty music. I finally folded when she got to kpop and jpop. At least that's better than most of the pop garbage.
Yeah the solution to getting teens to not do something is to tell them how cool it as and ask to do it with them. Sadly, this doesn't work with them doing homework, however.