Your Favorite Painting/Artist?

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Is this depicting the entrance to the garden of Eden after the exile? Cool painting regardless.

Kind of a cliche but my favorite is The School at Athens by Raphel. Hope to visit the Vatican someday to see it in person. Can't post pic right now because I'm on a mobile device.
Yes, it is a depiction of the cherubim guarding the tree of life in the garden of eden.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I gotta give it up for my boy, Vincent.
rrr_img_91047.jpg

Here's a greatlinkto take a close look.
I love me some Vinnie Vee Gee.

I really find a lot to love from both the Impressionists like Bazille and Monet and the Post-Impressionists like Van Gogh and Gauguin but these are four of my all time favorites. I can't find a print of "crows" of which I am really happy with the colors. "Starry Night over the Rhone" is my favorite work of all time, I think.

rrr_img_91146.jpg

rrr_img_91144.jpg

rrr_img_91147.jpg

rrr_img_91145.jpg

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
What?, noone mentioned Alex Grey yet? Don't know if he's a favorite, but I like his stuff and just surprised he didn't appear in this thread on a forum like this already.
rrr_img_91159.jpg

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I think i am going to buy this book soon. I flipped through it in Chapters a few weeks ago but $50 damn i am cheep

Its Geek Art (new original art based on your geeky heros) the link has a a video of them flipping through some of the book.

The problem is i dont really want the book, i want wall hangings of 10 or 20 of the amazing images.

Geek-Art: An Anthology - Paperback - See More

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nice thread. Since there's some people who might know something about painters in here, does anyone recognize my avatar? I knew once who painted it but I lost it and I can't find it again. The name of the painting is "Spiv" and it's by a british artist with a super British name like "Graham" or "Bertie" or something. You would think with that much info I could google it but I have failed.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I can appreciate "real" art for the most part, but since I'm a dork the nerdy stuff really interests me more. A few already posted (Frazetta in particular) were always favorites of mine, but not to duplicate, here are some of my all time favorites.

Luis Royo's "Fallen Angel"
rrr_img_91238.jpg

Michael Whelan's cover art for "Stormbringer"
rrr_img_91239.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm not a big fan of fantasy art, and the little art I enjoy tends to be "real" stuff that hangs in museums. That said, there is one piece of fantasy art I think is fantastic and that I would be proud to hang in my home. A few of you might know it.

rrr_img_91247.jpg

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got to see this painting at the Getty Museum many years ago, was really impressed.

rrr_img_91248.jpg

Lots of great works posted here, thank you!

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
I'm not a big fan of fantasy art, and the little art I enjoy tends to be "real" stuff that hangs in museums. That said, there is one piece of fantasy art I think is fantastic and that I would be proud to hang in my home. A few of you might know it.
Speaking of MMO art

XntMEcu.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
My favorite thing about EQ's original box art was that Firiona's boobs were slightly raised on the box.