You're the Worst

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They do a good enough job with having the B story of episodes keep it somewhat funny. The feud stuff with Sam and his boys, then them getting shitstomped by some chicks. Or the mouse stuff in the marathon episode when Gretchen's depression first became a real focus. Their method of execution there was one of the funniest things evAR.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They do a good enough job with having the B story of episodes keep it somewhat funny. The feud stuff with Sam and his boys, then them getting shitstomped by some chicks. Or the mouse stuff in the marathon episode when Gretchen's depression first became a real focus. Their method of execution there was one of the funniest things evAR.
Hakuna Mah-ta-ta.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So much this. The writers of this show deserve some awards.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Another thing I love about this show, they always wrap up whats going on in the season final and don't leave you dangling.

This season was fantastic.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those smiles at the end made everything worthwhile.

I find myself genuinely wanting these two assholes to work shit out and just be happy together more than I ever have for any other TV couple I think.

When she broke down after "You stayed?" "Yeah" it felt like a huge, cathartic, win.

01762550-7f52-0133-4d9c-0e3f8b958f63.gif

The whole final episode was like a victory lap to me. Like, we did it now let's watch Level 3 Jimmy and Vernon and his trash juice send us on our way. And it was all great.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Haha, I want to try that trash juice.

And yeah, the "You stayed" scene hit me in the feels, it was a damn good scene and while I questioned how dark shit got with the depression, the pay off at the end was awesome and well worth it.

The whole "I love you too" thing...I feel like a chick but I was super happy to see/hear that happen.

Lots up int he air next season. Lindsay and Pauls relationship trying to work out and seeing if Lindsay really can grow up. Vernon and Becca's fucked up roller coaster of awesomeness to start things off. This is probably in my top 5 for shows on TV, #2....in terms of comedy, very closely behind Silicon Valley.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
a8zkaL3C0CipFFe4YGO6UM90aKd.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]You're the Worst[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-07-17[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Narcissistic, brash, and self-destructive “Jimmy Shive-Overly,” thinks all relationships are doomed. Cynical, people-pleasing, and stubborn “Gretchen Cutler,” knows that relationships aren't for her. So when they meet at a wedding, it's only natural that the two of them go home together and, despite their better judgment, begin to find themselves falling for each other.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Season 3 is about to start next week! Pretty under the radar show but so, so good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
Beyond just being a pretty funny show, the serious stuff seems to be handled really well. I've dated two different girls that have gone through depression, and some of the lines in this show were verbatim things that they have said to me. Can't wait for the new season.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
One of my favorites currently on television. I've been re-watching the first season. So good.

spronk

FPS noob
meh, i enjoyed season 1 when it was basically asshole jerks being assholes to everyone, but did not like much of last season at all when they delved hard into depression. That trailer looks like they are going to continue with that, so i'm out

it is unique, I will totally admit, but I have no desire to see a drama-comedy.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
meh, i enjoyed season 1 when it was basically asshole jerks being assholes to everyone, but did not like much of last season at all when they delved hard into depression. That trailer looks like they are going to continue with that, so i'm out

it is unique, I will totally admit, but I have no desire to see a drama-comedy.

Certainly a shift between season one and two. While most other shows focus on developing the drama of certain serious/dramatic situations or topics, You're the worst seemed to instantly introduce a comedic or a borderline sociopathic response to the situations.

Season two seemed to focus more on developing the characters and their inner demons/problems with bad marriages, pregnancy and depression. Featuring far fewer comedic breaks. First seasons magic was taking a serious topic and turning it funny. Most of the episodes of season two, while having comedy in them, just felt somewhat sad.

First episode of season 3 seems more in tune with the first season than season 2. Topics of the first episode is basically love/unrequited love and erectile dysfunction with constant comedic relief in dialogue and sets up some things that are bound to turn up bad (in a big way considering the show).

Been looking forwards to it coming back, and wasn't disappointed. Enjoyed it a lot and hope they go back more to the style of season one, which I felt the first episode did.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is this on Netflix or any streaming site?

trex

Queen Bee
Lindsey is the best character. She kills me.

I didn't like Gretchen getting all serious and sad...they definitely lingered on that story line too long

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Can someone shoot me a link through PM for a torrent or stream of this? For some reason I can't find it anywhere and I didn't realize it was starting up already. :(

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
A lot of searches on torrent sites don't work if you use apostrophes. Just try "youre the worst".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user