2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sure, but c’mon, most of their job is going to the gym. Maybe 50 hours of real action with lots of breaks interspersed. In reality it is one of the easiest paths to extreme wealth in history and 99.99% of people would trade ‘ jobs’ immediately.

Thousands of boys practice and train in the hope of catching a coaches or GMs eye every single year. Only the best get in but let’s not act like it’s their work ethic instead of elite skills. How many Micah Parsons are there? Can you say Andrew Luck just worked harder? Does Josh Gordon keep getting chances due to his ungodly work habits and love of the game? Of course not.

They should be thankful, not jealous and petty. “Tebow might get some gravy but I only enjoyed living on the train for 7 years! WTF! That not fair!!!” My pity is building up hardcore......

I just think it undersells the amount of training/effort they put in to say they just are "going to the gym". If everyone did what they did at the gym, obesity wouldn't be the thing it is in this country. Not to mention the absolute high level of competition/skill they perform their actual jobs at...because they're such a tiny % of total people that would play sports for a living if they could, if they fall off they'll just get replaced.

I'm sure 99.99% would trade jobs immediately, they just would be laughably bad at it. Even if we just went by the level jobs are performed at by comparison, you know how many idiots are walking around that barely do real work X amount of hours a week, half-assing it constantly at their jobs? Even guys on the worst team in the league do it at a level 99.9% of the rest of the population couldn't touch. Sure there are some physical freaks, but none of those guys last in the league if they aren't putting in the work. Maybe back in the day but nowadays? There's just too many other good players that are putting in the work that freaks like that end up getting traded to teams for swaps of 7th round picks, then cut immediately...even a year after being a 1st round pick.

Josh Gordon kept getting chances because he put up 1,646 yards in a single season and there have only been 14 seasons better than that by WR's all time (and by only 10 other guys). He also missed 2 games that year...AND his QB's were Jason Campbell, Brandon Weeden, and Brian Hoyer (none of whom even completed 60% of their passes that season). On the 2013 Cleveland Browns. Btw I just looked all that up and that's fucking crazy thinking about it. Also if Josh Gordon is to be believed, he's only earned $5.5M over 7 seasons in the league. Not that $5.5M is chump change, but it's not even a mil a year. Almost a quarter of it was the signing bonus of his initial contract.

But yeah, I don't get the Tebow hate. Their TE depth is literal trash so why not try him out? All people have to do is look at Logan Thomas for us last year to see how guys are making successful transitions to that position. Maybe it's just the fact he's been out of the league so long.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I'm actually freaked out by that Josh Gordon season now. The Browns leading rusher that year was Willis McGahee with 377 yards. I will say Jordan Cameron actually had a solid fucking year as their TE with 80 catches for 917 yards that year. But none of their other WR even hit 500 yards receiving. How the fuck did Josh Gordon have 1,646 receiving yards in only 14 games on a team this shitty?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Has a team ever had 5 division games the last 5 weeks of a season?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imagine drawing the future super bowl champion Dallas Cowboys in 2 of the last 5 games. You will be lucky to make the playoffs.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Imagine drawing the future super bowl champion Dallas Cowboys in 2 of the last 5 games. You will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Even more amusing than normal b/c I look at the end of the schedule and think if we even manage to go 6-6 through the first 12 games that really weak final stretch of games could make it doable for us

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I mean I can see the Cowboys as future super bowl champions, but that future is like, 10 years from now, at least. Dak isn't that guy and that coaching staff stinks (weren't they GB cast-offs?)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Devin Singeltary has been putting in Work (but did he skip leg day?)

20210512_171740.thumb.jpg.a283ed31e10d2f311af506d7ed23c992.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What a stupid stretch. I hate how often the NFL has teams face each other after only a 1 week break.

vs DAL
@ PHI
@ DAL (SNF)
vs. PHI

• 2Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
If that is true its pretty funny. really trying to make division winner drama last as long as possible.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pretty good video. This tard Nick Wright basically breaks Bradys career into 3 hall of fame careers and eats some crow.

• 1Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme
8-9 to 10-7. Somewhere in that range. But yeah, 4 out of last 5 are divisional. Eagles last 4 are all in the division. I assume the Giants are similar then.
Cowboys only losses will be to TB, Chiefs, ATL, and NE

• 1Rustled