2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jaguar's TE Depth ChartCareer Receptions
Tim Tebow0
Chris Manhertz 12
James O'Shaughnessy 88
Luke Farrell 0

Not exactly a star studded crew. Looks like Tim can step in and take the TE1 job if he isn't a total disaster.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
How much does Tebow need to pull in on tickets + jerseys to keep his roster spot? It has to be some multiple of his 700k salary. The roster isn't deep, so if I were GM/owner, I'd look at this as a business move not a football move, and figure out how much that last roster spot is worth (on the Jags? Not so much would be my guess)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The football Gods clearly want Dalton to get killed so Fields can start asap.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
How much does Tebow need to pull in on tickets + jerseys to keep his roster spot? It has to be some multiple of his 700k salary. The roster isn't deep, so if I were GM/owner, I'd look at this as a business move not a football move, and figure out how much that last roster spot is worth (on the Jags? Not so much would be my guess)

Exactly this. Are there some really delusional people and players that see Jax being a run-away success in Year 1? This is a money grab by the organization and a cheerleader for the coach. There aren't a ton of top notch guys there or Urban wouldn't have gotten the job. This is a try out and if he succeeds, then it's an indictment that states a really bad team...is actually really bad! Wow, who would have guessed??

Fadaar

That guy
Urban needs to not do what the previous regime(s) did and trade away all the talent. Bortles was never going to be a top tier QB but he was decent enough to not lose games with that beast of a defense backing him. Similar to the Rams the last few years. Which is funny since that's where Bortles was last.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Exactly this. Are there some really delusional people and players that see Jax being a run-away success in Year 1? This is a money grab by the organization and a cheerleader for the coach. There aren't a ton of top notch guys there or Urban wouldn't have gotten the job. This is a try out and if he succeeds, then it's an indictment that states a really bad team...is actually really bad! Wow, who would have guessed??

What's a run away success? They're not making the playoffs, likely not even going to seriously flirt with .500. They're not picking 1st in the draft next year, though.

Sterling

El Presidente
Houston if Watson doesn't play has to be the likely 1st pick next year. Jets have a chance and there's a few teams that are 1 or 2 bad injuries away from being legit awful, Jacksonville is definitely in that group.

Fadaar

That guy
What's a run away success? They're not making the playoffs, likely not even going to seriously flirt with .500. They're not picking 1st in the draft next year, though.

I dunno that division is Derrick Henry or Ryan Tannehill away from being up for grabs. Colts might be good but we'll see how Wentz settles in.

• 1Like

Merrith

I dunno that division is Derrick Henry or Ryan Tannehill away from being up for grabs. Colts might be good but we'll see how Wentz settles in.

I think Titans and Colts fight it out for 1st, and maybe both fight for playoff spots (AFC going to be a battle even with a 3rd wild card), Jax 3rd (but not great), and Houston 4th in total shit show.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
it's already been foretold that this is the Chargers year, we're all just along for the ride now

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Also, on the whole I think there won't be quite as many bottom feeders being as shitshow bad as usual so there might not be a giant cluster of teams at like 10+ wins.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

All true which is why no one should give a shit if one backup is Tebow, especially before cut downs. Flores pushes culture and sometimes picks guys just because he knows them from NE. If Tebow spreads ‘Urban’ culture better than anyone else, maybe that’s worth a spot. It’s funny to see NFL people cry about fair as they make millions to play a game.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
it's already been foretold that this is the Chargers year, we're all just along for the ride now

They are my second choice for team I want to see throwing the trophy around in the ocean. First choice has to be the team with the best fight song ever. Let’s get everyone singing......

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Yeah and even if Tebow doesn't spread Urban culture or people don't buy into his type of leadership/influence - Tebow will still sell jerseys and tickets for them. On a losing small market team thats definitely worth more than 1 fringe player who might be marginally better

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider

why would the jags need Tim Tebow hype with a brand new famous college coach and the #1 draft pick QB?

• 1Like

Merrith

All true which is why no one should give a shit if one backup is Tebow, especially before cut downs. Flores pushes culture and sometimes picks guys just because he knows them from NE. If Tebow spreads ‘Urban’ culture better than anyone else, maybe that’s worth a spot. It’s funny to see NFL people cry about fair as they make millions to play a game.

And it doesn't sound like Tebow is going to be making millions, unless he has some crazy performance bonuses. I will say I never get the whole "make millions to play a game" argument. Sure if you boil it down, football is a game, but it's also a stone cold lock majority of NFL players work harder for most of the year staying at peak physical condition and do the skills needed to do their job better than the other 99.9% of people than pretty much everyone else at regular jobs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
And it doesn't sound like Tebow is going to be making millions, unless he has some crazy performance bonuses. I will say I never get the whole "make millions to play a game" argument. Sure if you boil it down, football is a game, but it's also a stone cold lock majority of NFL players work harder for most of the year staying at peak physical condition and do the skills needed to do their job better than the other 99.9% of people than pretty much everyone else at regular jobs.

Sure, but c’mon, most of their job is going to the gym. Maybe 50 hours of real action with lots of breaks interspersed. In reality it is one of the easiest paths to extreme wealth in history and 99.99% of people would trade ‘ jobs’ immediately.

Thousands of boys practice and train in the hope of catching a coaches or GMs eye every single year. Only the best get in but let’s not act like it’s their work ethic instead of elite skills. How many Micah Parsons are there? Can you say Andrew Luck just worked harder? Does Josh Gordon keep getting chances due to his ungodly work habits and love of the game? Of course not.

They should be thankful, not jealous and petty. “Tebow might get some gravy but I only enjoyed living on the train for 7 years! WTF! That not fair!!!” My pity is building up hardcore......