2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Kaines

Potato Supreme
One would think he should be watching video to learn the finer points of reading a fucking defense.

At least play madden or something. Then he can see defenses.
He's definitely not going to see any defense in team drills.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, it's a ball security drill. Not a bad idea given how many fumbles he's had (overlooked by all his interceptions). It's silly but I'm sure you can find all kinds of shit like that in the NFL.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I mean, it's a ball security drill. Not a bad idea given how many fumbles he's had (overlooked by all his interceptions). It's silly but I'm sure you can find all kinds of shit like that in the NFL.

I've played football from Pop to College. Never seen this drill ever. I'm no QB coach, no idea what value that drill brings unless he throws the ball...and keeps his form.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've played football from Pop to College. Never seen this drill ever. I'm no QB coach, no idea what value that drill brings unless he throws the ball...and keeps his form.

Fumble less. Can't even get to throwing a pick if you fumble from the first slap by a pass rusher.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fumble less. Can't even get to throwing a pick if you fumble from the first slap by a pass rusher.

I get what they are trying to do. His issue is INT's. Go old school and have him drop back and throw thru moving tires or some shit. Work on his form. Teach him to get the ball out quicker. Put his ass in a class room with tooth picks keeping his eyes open, as he is shown projector film on what a defense is. That drill just seems useless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I get what they are trying to do. His issue is INT's. Go old school and have him drop back and throw thru moving tires or some shit. Work on his form. Teach him to get the ball out quicker. Put his ass in a class room with tooth picks keeping his eyes open, as he is shown projector film on what a defense is. That drill just seems useless.
He also fumbled a bunch. It's not like he's literally only working on one thing.

Merrith

Jameis Winston’s Ball-Security Problems Go Beyond Interceptions

Winston leads the NFL in interceptions since 2015, but that doesn’t don’t tell the full story of his propensity for turnovers. Over the past five years, he is tied with Kirk Cousins for the lead in fumbles (50) and leads all players in lost fumbles (23).

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Should Baker Mayfield get paid big time money?

none of them have achieved anything really. Baker and Lamar have won 1 post season game. Sure, Lamar has MVP but he didn't even win a post season game that year. They got blown the fuck out by Titans. Browns had that miracle first half against Steelers where they beat grandpa Ben. Josh seems to be a more complete version of Rivers

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

He has thrown a whopping 88 INT's since 2015. Lost 23 fumbles (that is the one that matters) in that same time frame. Both shit stats. I'd work on the bigger number, considering a lot of times fumbles by a QB is not their fault (see shit O-line) I know dude probably can't analyze defenses any faster, but I bet dollars to donuts if they put his dumb ass in a film room, and TRIED to improve decision making (see quicker/better reads) he'd be better served than that whacky drill. I would LOVE to see his accuracy with no pressure on him in drills.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Browns had that miracle first half against Steelers where they beat grandpa Ben.
My memory is a bit fuzzy but I seem to recall it was the refs who beat the Browns, not the Chiefs. That 'fumble into the endzone' nonsense on an unflagged illegal hit was an incredibly pivotal moment in the game and I want to say that wasn't the only time the Browns got buttfucked by the refs that game.

Sterling

El Presidente
He has thrown a whopping 88 INT's since 2015. Lost 23 fumbles (that is the one that matters) in that same time frame. Both shit stats. I'd work on the bigger number, considering a lot of times fumbles by a QB is not their fault (see shit O-line) I know dude probably can't analyze defenses any faster, but I bet dollars to donuts if they put his dumb ass in a film room, and TRIED to improve decision making (see quicker/better reads) he'd be better served than that whacky drill. I would LOVE to see his accuracy with no pressure on him in drills.
You make it sound like him doing a fumble drill means he hasn't been working on his interception stuff. It's not a one or the other thing, i'm sure he's working on both. like are you going to say he should be working on his interceptions when he's in the weight room? or when he's running or doing other drills?

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You make it sound like him doing a fumble drill means he hasn't been working on his interception stuff. It's not a one or the other thing, i'm sure he's working on both. like are you going to say he should be working on his interceptions when he's in the weight room? or when he's running or doing other drills?

True. You're right. It does sound like that. I just think there are better drills than having some idiot smacking at another idiot holding a ball. If anything I'd hope the drill has a part where he at least throws the ball after all that running around.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Bummer for Frank. Big fan of the guy on the field. And he seemed to have turned his life around after a rocky start.

Not exactly sure a guy caught with an uzi and other guns twice this year has turned his life around but maybe our standard for young athletes have changed the past twenty years.

“Hey, he hasn’t murdered anyone yet, did anyone congratulate him on FB yet?”

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Why was he calling out numbers?

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Man I'm glad Jameis isn't our QB anymore. He always does the goofiest shit that has questionable value in terms of fixing his big fuckin deficiencies. Everyone is wow'ed by his work ethic and Lasik (meme or not), and all I see is a dude who will still play hero ball and fuck his team over with turnovers - we saw that shit for 5 years.

There's a reason our defense looked elite last year - opponent starting position was so bad under Jameis and his turnovers; our defense was continually fucked by him.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Like

Merrith

I'm assuming he's trying to work on both. Emphasis on trying. I doubt anyone is expecting lasik and a year off and some crazy drills to suddenly turn him into a ball security wonder.

• 2Worf