2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So apparently Nick Bosa injury was more significant that just an ACL tear. His doctor made a statement saying "he isn't out of the woods quite yet" and it's a more "extensive" injury.

His availability for start of 2021 season is in question.

Fuck.
Where did you hear the part about not being out of the woods or not available for the start of the season? I read his doctor saying it was more than just ACL, but at the current time he is ahead of schedule.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
8042AC03-14FA-44F2-BE23-44D5BB525993.jpeg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I read he is ahead of schedule as well, but if he got injured week 2 2020 with a "more extensive injury than just an ACL", you figure a year would be a realistic recovery time, so thinking he might not be ready day 1/august could be a possibility.

I hope he is, I just read that statement from doctor and was bummed. He should be healthy for the start of season unless there is something we dont know.

Do you remember how he got hurt? I forgot, wasnt it someone fell on his leg or something? Was it a gruesome looking injury or more of a Garoppolo type situation?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
His foot just got caught in the turf at Metrolife as he fell backward, and it twisted his knee awkwardly.

I think all 49ers fans, even if it was just an ACL tear, need to temper expectations for Bosa next year. He will probably still be very good, but it will most likely take until 2022 until he is back to full strength.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I mean its tough to temper expectations when Adrian Peterson came back from a torn ACL and had one of his best seasons ever - and that was what? 5+ 9 years ago? Sports medicine and recovery these days is getting pretty crazy

heh edit - looked it up that was 9 years ago

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Its so fucked up because his rookie campaign was phenomenal. One of the reasons the 49ers made it to the Super Bowl was his level of play. He pressure numbers were out of hand. Then when Ford was healthy and they played together, the pressure rate was something retarded like 75%.

he was on his way to becoming an Aaron Donald type player IMO. But now....who knows.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
And gets him and the Bucs in trouble from the league for sandbagging on the injury report.

Animosity

She sounds like the worst kind of human. Probably never gets invited to any parties. Would never guess why..

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TJ tweeted this out when JJ announced his release

It would require some pay cuts. But goddamn, not even being a homer....the Steelers front 7 would be a handful for anyone, especially if they went to a 4-3 which they have kind of hinted at since its what Tomlin coached in Tampa. Add Minkah to the backend of that. Could be a special defense that comes around every so often that could win it on its own.

Fadaar

That guy
The Stanley Cup has seen some shit I'm sure. At times even actual shit probably.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
TJ tweeted this out when JJ announced his release

It would require some pay cuts. But goddamn, not even being a homer....the Steelers front 7 would be a handful for anyone, especially if they went to a 4-3 which they have kind of hinted at since its what Tomlin coached in Tampa. Add Minkah to the backend of that. Could be a special defense that comes around every so often that could win it on its own.
Them already being a handful is what covered for your fat fuck's ineptitude most of this year, I don't think JJ would put yall on any kind of plateau considering how many games he's missed to injury over the last 5 years.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Them already being a handful is what covered for your fat fuck's ineptitude most of this year, I don't think JJ would put yall on any kind of plateau considering how many games he's missed to injury over the last 5 years.
Stop shitting on my dreams ok

*If* JJ could stay healthy he could be a gamechanger for this defense. They were good enough this year where they could use him on a limited snap count in passing situations in rotation. Tomlin is actually pretty good at keeping the older guys rested and healthy for all his other faults. It depends how much $$ he wants, he said he wants to go somewhere to win so maybe he will be willing to take less if hes on a team with both his brothers.

My ideal offseason would be: Acquire JJ with the money Ben hinted he could give back with a pay cut as he should. Trade JuJu and maybe a 3rd for a 2nd or late first.
OT, OG, RB in the draft in some order of those positions, which could come in and contribute week 1. I doubt Etienne would be there at 24 (prolly not out of the top 5 or 10) but a back like Najee Harris from Alabama might.

This team could win a SB with a healthy defense that it had in 2020 (esp adding an impact player like JJ) if it had *any* semblance of a running game and not needing Ben to pass 40-50 times a game and work off playaction. Thats the formula that won a SB in 2005. Before they lost key players around week 12 that defense was 1st in yards, scoring, and turnovers -- then teams figured out the Steelers cant run the ball or catch the ball past 5 yards and the defense was constantly on the field.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see how you are gonna trade a player who's a free agent. Steelers have like 25 free agents this year. Dupree is probable gone as well

Last edited: