2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Not upset about Floyd after watching him play. I thought he was excellent as a complete player. Plays the run and pass like a champ and isn't bad at rushing the QB with AD next to him.

We'll see how it's structured. Rams are all in right now and didn't think letting another edge guy go was a great idea.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good for him and good for your guys.

This is great for the draft, in that they don't need to force anything as far as taking a QB goes, and can continue to see what they have in Heinicke behind Fitz (or starting if he's just better).

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
From what we’ve seen of both of them hard to see a long term solution out of either of them

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Fitz to WFT is a really good move for him. One of my favorite players.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Great that the patriots signed 3 top offensive people, but, Newton last year could not throw worth SHIT.

Unless this changes the PATS STILL need a QB THAT CAN ACCURATELY THROW the fucking ball downfield

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I really don't understand Payton. He's paying two journeymen QBs about $12 mill each to do what exactly? He doesn't have a lot of faith in either but can't seem to make up his mind a year later. Did he just ignore those guys all year during practice?

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sucks about Dupree but he wanted a ton and nothing guaranteed coming back from injury. Idk who is even left in FA that could be a substitute really

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I really don't understand Payton. He's paying two journeymen QBs about $12 mill each to do what exactly?
I honestly think one gets traded / cut before the preseason is over. I'd be very interested in seeing how much of their contracts are signing bonuses (which apply to the cap now) vs. per game salaries (iirc, those apply on a by weekly* basis), vs end of season performance bonuses (which would not apply to the cap until the end of the season).

*NFL salary caps are run on a by day basis, i.e. if the team is at the cap and Bob gets signed for a $2 Million cap hit today, the team has to cut/restructure $2 Million of someone else's salary today.

• 1Like