2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So what is the Cowboys backup plan when a rusty Dak gets knocked out this year? I think letting the Red Rocket go to Chicago may have been a mistake, but I am unaware who the backup is.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what is the Cowboys backup plan when a rusty Dak gets knocked out this year? I think letting the Red Rocket go to Chicago may have been a mistake, but I am unaware who the backup is.
They didn't cut DiNucci afaik, no clue what Gilbert's status is.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doesn't it tell you something when the 2 most athletic guys ever measured are measured in a year without the combine(the place that had universal measurements)? I'm not saying they aren't talented but you guys crack me up. I heard someone saw Sasquatch the other day too.

Oh it's highly likely some of the timed stuff like 40's and agility drills might be juiced a little. But this was also a super deep OT for a reason, too. Lot of big guys in this class that just need some good coaching to refine technique.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It’s going to be glorious. A glorious shit show.

Just as the packers start to implode? Bears find a way to go shit themselves a mess.

Are Bears the favorites to win NFC North?

Theyre going to have the best QB in division come September

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!

Stop. It’s the bears. I can’t get my hopes up. Cause when I do? Nagy finds a way to not run the ball.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't even think about the fact that Houston's very first pick was their 3rd, and they took Mills with that pick. If that doesn't tell you most people don't expect Watson to play this year, not sure what would.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Stop. It’s the bears. I can’t get my hopes up. Cause when I do? Nagy finds a way to not run the ball.

This is the year, bro. We have TWO amazing quarterbacks

• 2Worf
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Now that this is over, can we get to the "Why your team sucks" articles please?

First we need to get through the "Your team didn't draft who I told them to so this is how they will utterly fail this season" articles.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Most likely we don't know his name yet because he's going to be signed during the undrafted FA period like Romo.

Also possible but much less likely is we'll get deshaun watson if any of those charges stick. We all know how much jerry likes to take in troubled children. "We have a support system in place ..." I'm thinking he'll trade one of his undrafted free agents for him when the time is right.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The backup plan is to pick Daks replacement with the 2nd overall pick behind the Texans

• 1Worf
  • 1Cutler

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

You can quote me on this, but if Rogers walks (we traded his backup to Detroit so its Love at that point) the Red Rocket will be the most successful QB in the NFC North. Captain Kirk will continue his slide into mediocrity where he is just good enough to justify the tiny cap hit he carries and Detroit will trade/cut anyone who starts being successful on offense, so we get to see Jerrod Goof with even less weapons.

And in GB, unless Love is instant money (not fucking likely) we will see people playing to avoid getting hurt while they run for the exits. It will be like Denver after Pay Pay hung it up all. And even if AR is still there he is going to fucking phone it in until he can find an out.

So yeah, Bears are looking good for the division this year, but playoffs not so much.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Cowboys draft that doesn't have me foaming at the mouth for how stupid it is? Is it too late to trade everything for 3 different running backs that will all suck in unique ways?

I'm in utter shock, did jerry forget to wake up and his coaches went rogue?

They are reloading the disappointment cannon. They do a good job drafting this year so you say, "Huh, I guess they learned a thing or two. Looks like things are trending upward!" Then they have a fairly solid season where they win the division at 9-7, and get bounced by a 10-6 wildcard; not enough to get you high on the team, but enough to think about how much progress they made.

It's next year when they disappoint you. They fill your balloon with enough hopium to get you high enough so the fall will hurt more when its popped.

I think its a fair plan to have some no name backup to fill in for 2-4 games and hope to go .500 in that stretch. Just like any other team with a good QB, there's no real "plan" if your QB misses more than 4 games; your season is likely done if that is the case.

Both are a risk in their own way, and there's not really a wrong answer; spend precious cap money on a reliable backup, which hurts filling team needs in other areas, or roll the dice with what you have, hoping an injury won't derail the season.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The backup plan is to pick Daks replacement with the 2nd overall pick behind the Texans

We need a reaction that says "BOOO. You're probably right but still BOOOOOO"

I chose catler as the closest alternative.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
We need a reaction that says "BOOO. You're probably right but still BOOOOOO"

I chose catler as the closest alternative.

See? Amod Amod we need more reactions in here. It’s discrimination against football. I am calling a Democrat and writing an angry email.

We need a hot take reaction and this one above.

• 2Like