2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If Rodgers does end up leaving and going to an AFC team that pretty much gives the Bucs a free ride to next year's Super Bowl assuming Brady doesn't die on the field. The whole NFC East is hot dogshit, same with the North if Rodgers is gone, the Saints MIGHT be good but who knows, Falcons and Panthers both trash. The NFC West is the only other division with any semblance of competition in it, and even then I'd only really give the nod to Seattle if they can shore up the defense and actually be consistent on offense for a full season. Yes Daez I just said the Rams are trash.

Think the other two teams should be looked at are the 49ers back healthy, assuming either Lance could eventually be decent this year at QB, or more likely...Jimmy G actually stays healthy. Them and the Rams, who with Stafford over Goff at QB and their defense should be a better team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I mean Arizona is looking decent too going all in with JJ and other signings - I'm kinda hoping all of the NFC West teams just annihilate each other so the Bucs can coast on their easy schedule this year

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
2448B674-9061-4500-8A5A-2CB1582BDE38.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I the one one here who can't spell or pronounce half the names of the players?

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Think the other two teams should be looked at are the 49ers back healthy, assuming either Lance could eventually be decent this year at QB, or more likely...Jimmy G actually stays healthy. Them and the Rams, who with Stafford over Goff at QB and their defense should be a better team.
Agreed. Outside of the Seahawks always giving the 49ers fits, I see the Rams as a far better team overall. Assuming the 49ers stay healthy, and as you mentioned above with the QB info, they should be able to compete again this year.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the niners aren't that different on paper from the superbowl team. Replacing Buckner with Kinlaw is a downgrade so far but hopefully he will continue to develop. Replacing Emmanual Sanders with Brandon Aiyuk is an upgrade. Beyond that the major pieces are similar and if either Jimmy or Lance is available and playing decently and Williams/Bosa/Warner/Kittle/etc. are mostly healthy I don't see why the 9ers wouldn't be in the mix.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, I would agree. But that Super Bowl team featured a healthy Richard Sherman, who was playing fantastic football, ranked 1st in PFF CB score, and was just solid overall. Now we have Eman Mosley and Jason Varrett, which is pretty goddamn good, but then you have to hope Tartt and Ward stay healthy behind them, because if anyone in the DB gets hurt the 49ers are going to need help. We drafted Ambry Thomas, and I dont know anything about him, hopefully he is ok.

Then they drafted 2 guys with gnarly names, Deommodore Lenoir and Talanoa Hufanga, both DBs. SO yeah if they stay healthy then it could be SB, especially with Bosa back, Warner still ascending, hopefully Kinlaw blossoms, I dont know what the fuck happened to Armstead, but he was pretty bad last year. Another key aspect is Mostert staying healthy. its like we cant get one good season out of the guy. Fuck, even 8 straight games from him would be amazing.

I feel like its all tied to injuries at this point. History tells us they will not suffer as many guys getting hurt this year compared to last.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If Verett as good as he is makes it through a whole season I'll be impressed.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Offense is better assuming good health with Aiyuk and Deebo to go along with Kittle, though. Plus Shanahan will get that running game working no matter how much he's pissing off fantasy managers running a committee.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I dont know what the fuck happened to Armstead, but he was pretty bad last year.
He wasn't in between Nick Bosa and DeForest Buckner anymore. It's not the same doing it with a rookie and a couple of guys you've never heard of.

Jozu

Fair enough, but what does that say about him as a player? Is he only effective when he has help, can he not transcend double teams and figure out a way to have an impact individually?

Aaron Donald is double and triple teamed with basically no help around him and still dominates. I understand he is a once in a generation type player, but Im just using his case as an example of a player who can overcome situations because of his talent/work ethic/skill etc.

I guess pass rushers and D linemen in general is almost like a force multiplier type situation. You have your main guy, who is great, but then becomes even better when he has 2 others who can free him up.

WIth that said, what the fuck would Aaron Donald do if he was playing with Bosa and Buckner? LOL. He would have 37 sacks.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I think Armstead is good, but not a transcendent talent. If they had traded him instead and resigned Buckner I think he would have had a better year than Armstead, but his production would have dropped a lot from 2019 too. The only one on the team that might be transcendent is Bosa but it's hard to say with only one season under his belt. He looked amazing as a rookie so I hope he can come back from the ACL tear at 100%.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think Armstead is good, but not a transcendent talent. If they had traded him instead and resigned Buckner I think he would have had a better year than Armstead, but his production would have dropped a lot from 2019 too. The only one on the team that might be transcendent is Bosa but it's hard to say with only one season under his belt. He looked amazing as a rookie so I hope he can come back from the ACL tear at 100%.

ACL tears aren't what they used to be. Medical science has come a long way when it comes to those knee injuries.

• 2Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Everyone in the 49ers front office knew Buckner was better than Armstead, but he was also going to be far more expensive to re-sign. Add in the fact that there was no way you were getting a 1st for Armstead, and the 49ers did what they thought was best for the long term. I agree with you though, even if Buckner stayed his production probably would have dropped as well.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The veteran's salary for this upcoming season, which was expected to be $10 million, is now in jeopardy since Denver is not obligated to pay him due to the injury not occurring at a team facility.

That's rough

• 1Like

Animosity

People are losing their shit on Twitter if the Broncos don’t pay him. It’s pretty comical.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
He was training in facility until the union got involved. I'd loudly ask where's my union support since I followed their directions. Either way, it's kinda dumb for athletes to fear COVID. Much more likely to get an achil....nevermind.

In other news, what kind of retards are demanding a very rich dude gets his? Especially after COVID? I'm surprised some people have the intelligence to get out of bed.

• 1Like