2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So basically his union screwed him. Sucks for the dude and hopefully he can get something. But not playing for 3 years, I doubt he has much of a career after this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I heard this dude collected a 10M signing bonus and hasn't actually played for them yet? Is Mahomes trolling?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I heard this dude collected a 10M signing bonus and hasn't actually played for them yet? Is Mahomes trolling?
He got a 10 mil guaranteed contract. And last year he was an opt out. Injured the year before that.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

He's been a complete waste for them. That's why I have no clue why people are upset when a guy has earned millions of dollars to sit on his ass at home. He wasn't very good for Miami on his rookie deal, not for his draft position.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think normally, even in this guy's situation, the team would pay but with the shit the NFLPA put out the past few weeks, not sure the team will do anything but say fuck off.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I feel like they're gonna end up paying him just to avoid bad publicity.

Is it going to count against their cap if they do that? Cause if so, I'd bet on nope. That just hurts the entire team.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

holy shit, fuck Schefter, dude should get fired.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
A lot of noise about the Falcons actually trading Julio before camp.
We cannot sign our rookie draft class if Julio or Grady does not restructure their contracts. We are somewhere around 6-9 million short depending on the top 51 salaries.

Re-doing his contract really fucked us, giving 20 million a year to an over 30 receiver that is always having some issues needing to take plays off or injuries. Guess doing stupid shit like that is why you lose your job as a GM.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We cannot sign our rookie draft class if Julio or Grady does not restructure their contracts. We are somewhere around 6-9 million short depending on the top 51 salaries.

Re-doing his contract really fucked us, giving 20 million a year to an over 30 receiver that is always having some issues needing to take plays off or injuries. Guess doing stupid shit like that is why you lose your job as a GM.

I'm just a little curious if they were this committed to trading him, and if they actually had suitors where this was a real thing, if the idea to take Chase over Pitts was ever considered at #4. I think Ridley is good enough to be a #1 on his own, so it can definitely still work with him and Pitts. If Julio does get moved, I foresee Ridley and Pitts having pretty big seasons.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
There is a ton of smoke on that Julio rumor, they have been trying to get him to restructure since the end of the season at least all the reports locally have said such. They were asking him to do it before they did Matt's earlier this year and he hasn't done it yet. I haven't heard of any single team name but they did say if Julio and Grady refused to rework contracts they may have to cut Julio if he can't be traded. Trading would help a team more honestly, we would still be on the hit for 15M of his salary this year on our cap vs 22M if he stays.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
Jacksonville should trade for him, maybe a second round pick? They'll still end up toward the bottom of the standings next season so Atlanta will get good return for it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jacksonville should trade for him, maybe a second round pick? They'll still end up toward the bottom of the standings next season so Atlanta will get good return for it.

Have to wonder if Atlanta is trying to accommodate Julio by sending him to a contender. Going to Jacksonville would feel like a total waste to him, I'm sure.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
There were reports he was a dick to deal with as the reports of a possible June 1st trade/cut came out. I have never heard anyone current or past say that of Julio and would hope this trade/cut is just business and not he is a pita. A second round pick would be great with him already 32 and probably not playing for more than a couple years more. Atlanta thinks they can win with the current team, but I don't see it. We had one of the best scoring offenses in 2016 and couldn't get it done and this defense is going to be worse. We are attempting to transition to a 3-4 with Grady in the middle and while he is a heckuva player he is light in the ass for 3-4 nose.