2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I dunno, I'm sure there's an angle to make everything racist. Eventually we might be able to earn the washington They/thems

And I for one can't stand that shit. Because when shit is legit, it falls on deaf ears.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
For proper representation I think we should fire black athletes until they comprise only 13% of the NFL population.

If you could find better white athletes...sure!

And it would be more like 7%. We do have women man.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So it's ok for people to earn their position on their own merits as long as it's advantageous to your race?

Of course not. But at least give deserving people a shot that normally wouldn't get the chance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
A Black man believes a racist rule benefiting blacks “is not a bad idea.” I’m shocked.

*sigh*

It is racist. No doubt. But how can you give deserving candidates a shot? You have to start somewhere, no?

Back in my younger days I thought affirmative action was needed. I used my example in IT. We've moved beyond that now IMO. People can now clearly see that ya, Shaquanda might sound ghetto as fuck, but she is one helluva project manager! Know what I mean?

We are still IMO at that stage in the NFL where Tyrone Jenkins should at least be given a shot. He might turn into the next Shaquanda!

I know I am comparing apples to snow tires, but you get my drift.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
give deserving people a shot
Do you think that there is some huge untapped reserve of black QBs deserving a shot that just aren't getting it? Is the disparity between QB demographics and the rest of NFL positions because black QBs are being held back by racism, or are blacks just less suited to the demands of the QB position?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm fairly sure NFL owners would hire ANY fucking combination of color/race if they thought it'd lead to wins. This guy got his chance and failed and now is salty because the NFL has a retarded racist rule that everyone knows damn well makes these teams have token interviews to comply with the rule.

No team is looking at some dudes skin pigment to determine if they'll be a good head coach. While we're at it, why isn't there a rooney rule for women??@$!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Just using yours post because yours fits my narrative.

Totally bad analogy coming up.

I started in IT at age 22? (Early 90's) Whatever. This was still the good ol' boys club back then. When I was hired, I was the only person of color in my entire IT department. There was well over 200 technical IT staff. I was a diversity/AA hire, along with four others a few months later. The directors told me at least, that's why he was hiring me during the interview process. He was a dick, but I liked that he was honest. My only question was will I get paid the same, and he said yes. He paid me. No beefs.

None of us, had any IT experience. We just were not stooopid.

Within TWO years, outside of the Engineers (they were the real brains) I was by far the best in our IT department. Two promotions within that time. By the time I left there I had an analyst title. I left because the engineers were not going anywhere, and I wanted that engineer title. I was truly disgusted though. The shit was so easy, and they made it seem like it was rocket science. No wonder they kept that shit close to vest for DECADES. I was jaded.

The other minority hires were fine. Not on the same trajectory I was, but doing well. They, along with myself just needed a chance to prove that they good do the job...and do it well.

My point? If my company was not pressured to hire me and others, they never would have...me, all those years.

Now on to the NFL.

Daboll fits PERFECTLY with the NYG's. Not sure how it will turn out, but on paper, you can't ask for a better match.

Flores is an idiot for trying to pull that card. He's an idiot for burning his bridges all around. He's an idiot for not waiting. Take your back seat. If not this year, another opportunity will come next year. Miami shouldn't have fired him. Hell, he was the best coach Miami had in 20 years! Plus, they were starting to turn it around. He is a middle of the road coach would you say? That will get you in the playoffs a lot of years.

But I also believe they need to enforce the RR for simply one reason, so that the curmudgeon owners at least give minorities a legit shot. Not this token interview shit like you pointed out. Your teams sucks! Try something new jeez. Fucks sake, it's black history month! Give us something!

At the least I hope to see some of these position coaches move up to coordinator spots. THEN hopefully coaching postions.

The question is how long does a rule benefit and when does that benefit end? I'm glad you got an opportunity. All people should. Does your current or previous employer still diversity hire? If you don't know that's fine but do you really think that shit really goes on a lot today? I really, really doubt it. Its looking in the wrong places for lack of success in black communities tbh.

The RR was a good rule at one point. Does it still apply? Do you think Demeco Ryan wouldn't have been given an opportunity without it? Chris Grier in Miami? Mike McDaniel in SF? Leftwich? Do you think Bieniiemy still isn't a HC cause of racism? That Flores and Caldwell lost out because they are black men? Or could they be assholes or bad interviewers? Why did more successful Harbaugh leave SF then? Why are they pushing for black owners when it's usually given as an inheritance or bought by very rich people or groups? Khan must not be dark enough as one of the very few new owners?

You're totally wrong about Flores. Flores is a shit HC and could have been a great DC if he wasn't a huge fucking prick. He went 24-25 and started slow as shit all 3 years. He won 7 in a row against guys like Ian Book. He was blown out by Buffalo 5 out of 6 games. He was only truly good against Belichick and bad teams...or just like most of our other coaches the past 20. Thank God that egotistical prick no longer is in Miami. He had two more job interviews lined up, but he wanted to play the race card. Only a black man could get away with what he is doing. If that isn't preference, then you don't know the word.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Do you think that there is some huge untapped reserve of black QBs deserving a shot that just aren't getting it? Is the disparity between QB demographics and the rest of NFL positions because black QBs are being held back by racism, or are blacks just less suited to the demands of the QB position?

I have always though black QB's were represented well. The elite QB's just happen to all be white in my day. But you had the Moons, Cunninghams etc.

Now? Even more so because the game has changed so much.

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
I have always though black QB's were represented well. The elite QB's just happen to all be white in my day. But you had the Moons, Cunninghams etc.

Now? Even more so because the game has changed so much.
Why are all other positions in the NFL over represented? Because blacks are superior athletes or because of racism towards caucasians?

• 1Like

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
If you could find better white athletes...sure!

And it would be more like 7%. We do have women man.
Find more intelligent black coaches. Team owners shouldn’t be giving one of 32 jobs in the world to someone based on race because they “need to give someone a shot.”

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
My big beef with the idea is if only white males, Asians, and less annoying Indians excel at American IT roles, then we use a rule that says we need our employees to look like the country’s demographic. Because fair is fair, right?

NFL, a minority dominated field we say “oh there’s no bias here, it’s purely performance based. EXCEPT we need more black qbs and coaches because ya know ….most of the leagues competence obviously stems from blacks so we need our company to match ITS DEMOGRAPHIC all the way up the food chain. Because fair is fair? No, fuck off it’s going to kill the audience if you push it too hard.

The NFL has shown resilience through its fucked up woke policies, but if you dig into the numbers; then you’ll see they’ve taken serious hits on it too. They’re not immune to the cancel cultia!

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Find more intelligent black coaches. Team owners shouldn’t be giving one of 32 jobs in the world to someone based on race because they “need to give someone a shot.”

You really think it's about intelligence man? Really? Have you ever played football? Has any football coach struck you as intelligent? I have yet to run into one from Pop Warner to D1 man.

In most cases it's about your staff. You're philosophy. YOUR PLAYERS. Your dedication to football. Your ability to not be a dick to people around you. It doesn't hurt if you're not an idiot.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Its not like the NFL has any clue as to what makes a good QB. Every hear they draft "dream" candidates that suck. It's a total crap shoot. I don't think they are ignoring black QBs or coaches given how much of the teams are made up of black players to begin with. They just often suck at drafting and coaching seems to be an incestuous group of shit candidates. People seem afraid to give new blood a chance.

I think its more stupidity than intentional.

Flores did a good job in Miami and he should be snatched up some where.

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
You really think it's about intelligence man? Really? Have you ever played football? Has any football coach struck you as intelligent? I have yet to run into one from Pop Warner to D1 man.

In most cases it's about your staff. You're philosophy. YOUR PLAYERS. Your dedication to football. Your ability to not be a dick to people around you. It doesn't hurt if you're not an idiot.
So why are owners willing to make minorities the face of the franchise on the field but draw the line at coaching?