Affluenza

The Foler_sl

shitlord
That doesn't excuse him. That can happen to any kid regardless of social and financial status, which I've already explained. If his parents aren't teaching him, and society isn't teaching him then who the fuck is and when/how will he ever understand?
Exactly, there was no one there to teach him. I wouldn't hold him responsible. The way your parents raise you highly dictates your morals and how you perceive things. I think he's just the product of bad parenting. To some extent he is a victim but that doesnt excuse that fact he killed those people. I think his sentence was justified in that it's a start to reeducating him in ways his parents didn't while forgiving at the same time since he is a product of his parents recklessness.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Exactly, there was no one there to teach him. I wouldn't hold him responsible. The way your parents raise you highly dictates your morals and how you perceive things. I think he's just the product of bad parenting. To some extent he is a victim but that doesnt excuse that fact he killed those people. I think his sentence was justified in that it's a start to reeducating him in ways his parents didn't while forgiving at the same time since he is a product of his parents recklessness.
No one was there to teach him? He's 16 years old, not 12. Get your head out of your ass. No one fucking taught me not to drink and drive. I also wasn't taught to NOT stick a fork in the fucking socket. There's somethings you just don't do based on logic and reason, and this kid didn't give a fuck, so why should we?

And yes, double negatives all around. FUCK YOU.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can't be serious. It's a fucking law, one that he surely had heard about and seen on TV, movies, maybe even video games. You can't make it 16 years without knowing you aren't allowed to drive drunk because it's illegal. You can't even get a driver's license without going through a course that explains all the dangers of it among other things. What the hell is wrong with you?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If he was a poor black kid would this trial have ended the same? Let's assume his parents were equally terrible and not around much, possibly addicted to crack.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
One of the dumbest things I've read here this week. Congrats on standing out.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Way to twist the point around. The poor black kid should go to jail, so should the rich white kid. Neither should be given leniency.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I imagine so, I think he should receive the same sentence regardless of race.
Yeah and when we're done frolicking through the meadows and receiving blowjobs from supermodels that would happen. I meant, do you think it would have had the same outcome? Not do you think it should happen that way.

Chances are, the poor black kid would be locked up and probably hit with a slew of other charges like crack possession with intent to sell.

The Foler_sl

shitlord
You are meaning that if the kid was black and rich he would have gotten the same sentence?
Not sure what that has to do with anything.

It's been scientifically proven that parents play a large role on how children perceive the world around them. This kid obviously had/has a very skewed view that he should be in therapy for, probably for a while.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Not sure what that has to do with anything.

It's been scientifically proven that parents play a large role on how children perceive the world around them. This kid obviously had/has a very skewed view that he should be in therapy for, probably for a while.
Because of their money. It was very much an issue with being too rich to understand right and wrong.

The Foler_sl

shitlord
Because of their money. It was very much an issue with being too rich to understand right and wrong.
Correct. Their affluent lifestyle let them live in radical, reckless ways that your average person wouldn't. They used their affluence the wrong way which led to him being who he is.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
that is so wrong yet right on levels outside of this thread.