Andor

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah S1 True Detective is some good shit.

And I agree that this show was a little slow at times. I still enjoyed it but it did get bogged down at times. There were definitely a few wasted eps. And I watched it twice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Admittedly it's been a long time since I watched True Detective but didn't they also have some slow burn episodes just like Andor? Not that anyone is really making the comparison but you can't say Andor is shit for that reason and True Detective was awesome, when they had the same "problem" being alluded to.

All this is telling me is I need to watch True Detective again.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Admittedly it's been a long time since I watched True Detective but didn't they also have some slow burn episodes just like Andor? Not that anyone is really making the comparison but you can't say Andor is shit for that reason and True Detective was awesome, when they had the same "problem" being alluded to.

All this is telling me is I need to watch True Detective again.

I can't remember but iirc it wasn't slow burn on the level of Better Call Saul. The most notable scene was definitely the one take tracking shot through the neighborhood

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
For me Star Trek: SNW had the best first season. Wrapped up stories, started a new one for next season and had enough old Trek nostalgia with new concepts.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gonna have to second the True Detective. Probably the most perfect season 1 ever made. Westworld being a 9.9

I'd say this show had a bad season 1 because the pacing is quite horrible in terms of a "season". Not to say they aren't great at building suspense but it was kind of leaned on too heavily throughout every arc. However I expect season 2 to be a huge pay off.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
24, Lost, Sopranos, Mr. Robot, Homeland, Black Sails all had spectacular season 1s

Andor and Arcane are in that category where they had amazing season 1s and we wait to see how season 2 goes, hopefully its as good if not better.

all of you "this show is too slow!" will get your wish with The Acolyte, the next big star wars show although I'm not sure where its slotted in release wise. I assume we have Mando s3 next, then Ahsoka in the summer, then Acolyte holiday 2023? I'm pretty sure after Acolyte airs and it will be utter trash all you will be back in this thread saying how you were wrong, Andor is what TV should be, yadda yadda.

BUT IT WILL BE TOO LATE, BECAUSE ANDOR WILL BE DONE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH TRASH LIKE OBI WAN AND ACOLYTE FOREVER

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BUT IT WILL BE TOO LATE, BECAUSE ANDOR WILL BE DONE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH TRASH LIKE OBI WAN AND ACOLYTE FOREVER
The future is bright and very, very dark at the same time. Andor is the only Star Wars I want (and a little Mando here and there) anymore. All the other shit makes me want to vomit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Was I the only one that was thinking they were going to make this dude Cassian's gay lover?
No. It’s Disney, I just assume it’s in every show now. I don’t think they make anything anymore without gay stuff, even the kids shows are that way. Big Hero 6 little series they did recently they had Baymax going into all gender bathrooms. getting tampon advice from a tranny, helping a guy work up the courage to ask out another guy.

As soon as Cassian walked into the camp and the other guy said “her blankets are already taken” I knew it would be the Indian girl. It’s too obvious.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Gonna have to second the True Detective. Probably the most perfect season 1 ever made. Westworld being a 9.9

I'd say this show had a bad season 1 because the pacing is quite horrible in terms of a "season". Not to say they aren't great at building suspense but it was kind of leaned on too heavily throughout every arc. However I expect season 2 to be a huge pay off.
Heroes had a pretty fantastic S1 too. I would put it as close to perfect as mass-market broadcast television can get. Obviously premium cable and streaming services go by a different standard.

Fadaar

That guy
For those of us who grew up reading the EU books and enjoyed things being fleshed out well beyond the space wizard bullshit, this show is exactly what we needed. I can only imagine what a sequel trilogy being done in this manner loosely following the original Thrawn books could have been.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What's great about this show is it finally shows why the Empire is bad beyond "super lasers" and "Darth Vader is scary."

What's not great about this show is that you know going into it that the main character dies in Rogue One. I can see where people wouldn't want to bother getting invested.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What's great about this show is it finally shows why the Empire is bad beyond "super lasers" and "Darth Vader is scary."

Funny you say this, I was slightly annoyed at the post credit death star clip for this reason exactly.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
What's not great about this show is that you know going into it that the main character dies in Rogue One. I can see where people wouldn't want to bother getting invested.
Yeah knowing a character's future really hurt Better Call Saul.

• 1Picard