Andor

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Isn't this like 5 years before ANH? Bail Organa has been a member of the Rebellion since right after ROTS (and was already against Palpatine before that), so that's 15 years before this show.

If it's going to be an Organa recruit it would be a teenage Leia. Hopefully she runs a bit faster with longer legs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
my understanding is the rebellion is multiple factions up until ??, when they unite under the Rebel Alliance banner. There's Saw Guerrera's heavily militarized group, there is whatever Luthen/Mothma are doing that seems more spycraft/intelligence driven, there are the Mon Calamari who I guess have lots of spaceships, there's the many factions we saw in Rebels, and probably a lot more. I'm 99% sure we'll see them all come together under Mothma/Organa in Andor.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if actually Ahsoka is the one Mon Mothma wants to bring in. I think it lines up with the Rebels timeline, where she was Fulcrum. It could also be Hera or one of the other Rebels cast.

There's a deleted scene from Revenge of the Sith back in 2005 where Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Padme Amidala meet to discuss working together against the rise of the Chancellor. The actress playing Mon Mothma here is the same one playing her in Andor

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We already saw the Rebel Alliance formed in an episode of Rebels, when the crew of the Ghost had to rescue Mon Mothma after she was publicly declared a traitor by Palpatine in 2 BBY. If Andor is starting in 5 BBY then the first season is way too early for anything involving a unified Rebellion.

• 1Seriously?

spronk

FPS noob
another great episode, writing on this show is really next level. every 3 episodes is a mini story so should see a conclusion next episode and then a new arc begin. 12 episodes total, so still 2 more "mini stories" in the season.

lotta cool easter eggs this episode, space jew mom was also hilarious. meilooruns were in Rebels

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
another great episode, writing on this show is really next level. every 3 episodes is a mini story so should see a conclusion next episode and then a new arc begin. 12 episodes total, so still 2 more "mini stories" in the season.

lotta cool easter eggs this episode, space jew mom was also hilarious. meilooruns were in Rebels

Meilooruns were also in The Book of Boba Fett twice.

spronk

FPS noob
after Obi Wan, rings of power, Halo, House of dragons, and other 2022 shows where tons of action happens and people are teleporting all over the place and they spend zero time setting up WHY people do the things they do or what makes a persons character, yes I am fully enjoying this.

If you haven't watched any new TV shows this year, then yeah I can see how this could be a little slow and boring and I'd suggest waiting until all 12 episodes drop before you watch it in binge mode, but for me this is a breath of fresh air.

Characters are multi dimensional, you see what makes them tick and the trauma that defines them, and the show is clear in setting up what motivates people and they all have sides to them that makes sense as viewers. The entire heist setup would have been done in 15 minutes in every other show, here its 2 full episodes where you see every single detail of planning the heist and I absolutely love the detail.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree.

It is a nice breathe of fresh air to have a show take some time with the character development. It allows me to have some emotional attachment to them that has been lacking a lot in recent shows. The level of detail around the thought process, and how things have to change as needed for the heist, is like reading a book. So far every descision and action taken has made sense.

Its interesting that the slow pacing makes the scenes like a Tie Fighter going over head seem special. So used to all the special effects and tons of ships. This is a lot different from any Star Wars made, movie or show. I am enjoying this so far. I hope this continues all the way to the end.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Episode wasn't bad BUT. The one prior ended about to go on a raid. This one ended still about to go on a raid. I generally don't like episodes like that.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Its very clear that each 3-episode arc is a defined story ala old school Dr Who and that gives them plenty of time to introduce us to very three dimensional characters. This is an Empire that feels very lived-in. The whole thing with Space Jew Mom not only gives us insight into Syril** but also lets us see, by extension, what life is like for your average Coruscant middle-class type citizen.

Even Skeen, who could be just "angry rebel" is an actual character by the end of the episode. Now it helps that they've scoured the West End of London to snag up a bunch of really top-notch actors for this series, but that just elevates the level of what's already on the page.

While a part of me is always leery of too much of a good thing, I am feeling a twinge of regret that Diego Luna talked them down from a 5-year arc to a 2-year one....but if all 24 episodes continue to be of this caliber then I'll be quite content with the whole enterprise.

**(I'm surprised no one has done a 'Its Karn!" to the turn of the corn-thing on Tik Tok)

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm loving this show. Feels like a very well written crime drama show in star wars. I still wish they made it in the mandoverse and explored the natural vacuum created by the empire's departure instead of as a rogue 1 prequel. Especially if it took a "maybe things were better with the empire sucking this shithole planet dry of resources for their deathstar at least there was food" slant.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This continues to be a very well written and well acted show that is a slow burn. That’s fine by me, as mentioned the characters are well developed and you understand why they are there. They managed in a short period of time to make me anxious about how this mission will go, there are stakes to the whole thing, they made plans but it’s not perfect and stuff could and most likely go wrong.

I’m also curious about the ex-cop obsession with Cassian, I have no clue where they are going to go with it. I bet it’s going to be interesting though.

I don’t know how well the show is doing, but I hope it’s doing well because I want more of this type of show.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This continues to be a very well written and well acted show that is a slow burn. That’s fine by me, as mentioned the characters are well developed and you understand why they are there. They managed in a short period of time to make me anxious about how this mission will go, there are stakes to the whole thing, they made plans but it’s not perfect and stuff could and most likely go wrong.

I’m also curious about the ex-cop obsession with Cassian, I have no clue where they are going to go with it. I bet it’s going to be interesting though.

I don’t know how well the show is doing, but I hope it’s doing well because I want more of this type of show.
I think the cop guy will end up joining the imperial army and rise the ranks. He's defiantly important to the story.

• 1Like

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
It seems the obvious (?) thing will be that now Syril is on Coruscant and so is Luthen Rael then the former cop will see Luthen. This will then lead to either: a) he grasses him up to get in with the Empire, or b) he will try and join the rebels as he's now pissed off with the Empire. Leaning towards the former as he's a schmuck.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the cop guy will end up joining the imperial army and rise the ranks. He's defiantly important to the story.
It would be funny as hell if all they did with his character was show him sulk. He never actually becomes part of the story but instead he degenerates into some raging alcoholic yelling that he was right.

• 1Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ignoring them hammering the shit out of rich people bad, the only beef I have with the show is its too slow. If the dialog were more fleshed out or they were demonstrating things a bit more visually, it would be fine. The scenes with the Imperial insider guy, for example, were perfect. The shit on Currescant and with the team was way too drawn out.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s slow but it leaves me wanting more so on that basis it’s a country mile ahead of most of the shit out right now.

spronk

FPS noob
If the show is moving a bit slow for you i think a good idea might be to watch in 3 episode chunks, every 3 episodes is a mini-arc.

really looking forward to next episode, I love a good Heist especially when things go tits up and strong writing/acting makes or breaks it. Bets on how many people make it out? I'm thinking only two, Cassian and the lead heist lady. Everyone else, DEAD!

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the show is moving a bit slow for you i think a good idea might be to watch in 3 episode chunks, every 3 episodes is a mini-arc.

really looking forward to next episode, I love a good Heist especially when things go tits up and strong writing/acting makes or breaks it. Bets on how many people make it out? I'm thinking only two, Cassian and the lead heist lady. Everyone else, DEAD!
Mouse will make it too.

• 1Cringe