Andor

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Great season overall, still not the biggest fan of the pacing but it was well worth the watch. Also glad they are filming the the final season already, after the recent quarterly results and booting of Chapek, kinda wondered if this would get pushed aside with it's poor viewership ratings.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Andor got better every week. Every single week. For 12 weeks. The finale touches on every thread they started and catapults it to the next level for the second season. This was a perfect execution of Star Wars. So grateful we got this. Absolutely incredible.

Also B2 is by far my favorite droid.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It just dawned on me that the plot is basically Les Miserables but with less singing and more spaceships.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This season was pretty fucking dope. I was on edge with the whole funeral shit. Like all the music is going and I was like when is this shit going to pop off when they were walking the streets. They built some great anticipation for that conflict.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
I don't know if it's a plus or minus that the two worst (not even bad, just lowest enjoyment) episodes were the first two. On one hand it's really unfortunate that some people may not make it passed the first story arc and they're definitely missing out. On the other hand if you're a dedicated watcher there were no filler episodes.

Overall amazing show. I actually prefer the mysticism part of the SW universe more than the political/military aspect, but the tension and characters in this was really well done. They even solved my episode 1 complaint about Bix being too distractingly hot!

Definitely a 10/10 show for today's TV standards.

I've been rewatching all the episodes with my girlfriend and the first two are actually really good. On first watch, I also felt they were a bit slow and drawn out, but I honestly think there was some bad Kenobi hangover clouding my opinion. Almost like I was expecting to hate it, so I didn't fully appreciate what I was seeing. The third episode conclusion was also somehow more impactful on the second go. It was really masterful storytelling and directing.

The series finale was awesome. This show knows how to do a proper set piece. They don't come out of nowhere; they're foreshadowed several episodes in advance, so they always feel earned. The only thing that *kinda* felt off for me was the Syril/Dedra bit. Felt a little out of character for her, but that's a super minor gripe.

Felt like a bit of an ESB vibe at the end with the gang going their separate ways for now. Bummed this is only going for 2 seasons, but at least we can be fairly certain it will be quality the whole way through. 10/10, best Star Wars thing since the original trilogy

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Even minor supporting actors were done so well - like the head of the riot police - it's a cliche moment but he totally sold that shit.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
That credit scene was jarring.
He helped make that which destroyed him and didn't know it then and didn't know it when it happened.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A F&F project, A Gilroy-style Project, taking turns. One more commercial, with nostalgia hooks (but we can leave Tatooine, I promise it will be OK); one more serious and grounded.

They don't want to do anything that would tread on what might be done in the future RE: the cinematic universe-- as they're waiting for a film to break that open. Expect anything besides Tatooine to be very bare bones until they relaunch Star Wars on the big screen.

Tatooine also has brand recognition.

Be grateful we got what little Coruscant we've had so far.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The last two episodes of this show are some of the best TV I've seen.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
This show did nothing for me. It's very well made, acted, edited, and produced. But there's something about it that's just so meh. It's highly polished mediocrity.

• 2Dislike
  • 2Garbage
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 7 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show did nothing for me. It's very well made, acted, edited, and produced. But there's something about it that's just so meh. It's highly polished mediocrity.

hobbit-ignore.gif

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I thought it was good but not great. It benefits by not being a steaming pile of turd like most Disney SW movies/TV shows.

I cringed when Stormtroopers are still getting taken out by sticks and headbutts though. Their armour must be paper thin

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I thought it was good but not great. It benefits by not being a steaming pile of turd like most Disney SW movies/TV shows.

I cringed when Stormtroopers are still getting taken out by sticks and headbutts though. Their armour must be paper thin
Brasso is just GOAT bro tho
1669311451725.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Mostly the brick but he definitely got a pure headbutt in there that took out a stormtrooper. Kinda meh, but forgivable for this series.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Mostly the brick but he definitely got a pure headbutt in there that took out a stormtrooper. Kinda meh, but forgivable for this series.
Yeah I did not like the headbutt but look at him, the man himself is a brick.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

I think it is actually pretty useless against concussive. We've seen Ewoks overcome it in RotJ, I believe it was in Rebels where Rex called it garbage, implying it is worse than the armor the Clones wore.

I'm pretty sure Stormtrooper armor's purpose is to look intimidating and is sealed to prevent environmental/biological problems. It also stops energy weapons too, I think? And the helmet, while hard to see out of, has comlinks (and a HUD I think).

So yeah, its pretty much useless plastic in a scrum.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Has ST armor ever been shown to be effective? I wouldn't put it past the Empire to give their disposable army shitty equipment.