Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wonder when the outrage will start for having the title be Ant-Man and the Wasp, rather than The Wasp (with Ant-Man).

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Ghost is female in this. I hope it upsets a lot of manbabies.

Based on the casting I'm wondering if she will be Fishburn's daughter?

hannah_john_kamen.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Wasp was always the better fighter. I can't ever remember her actually using giant powers, but I haven't read comics in forever. Ant-Man was the brain that did the small-giant thing as well as kept a bunch of gadgets and shit on him.

1891370-hank1.jpg

She's not good enough to overcome the back of Hank's hand, apparently. (Heh. You're right of course, Wasp was the brawn, Hank's the brains on the small scale. Which is why it's always funny reading people's take on this, about how WASP is abused and a poor woman. Like dude, she's a fucking super hero and could probably break his damn arm if she wanted to. It's an illustration of how people are primed to see women as helpless, even if the story they are in clearly illustrates they aren't. But this whole panel is shit, the writer never intended for it to be an actual slap. Really too bad Hank probably didn't even get his own movie simply because of his reputation from this single panel.)

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
He also beat her ass, on the regular, in the ultimates comics, which let to a pretty awesome giant man vs cap fight.

Surn

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the Ultimates version of her, she was a mutant and Hank would pull out legit wasp spray to fuck her up

• 1Worf

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Well they've known they were going to do IW before they knew they'd make an A-M2 so it was in development first. They've got a lot more money sunk into it so they wanted it to have the full summer in which to run rather then come out at the tail end of it. And there might be something in A&W that tips off a plot point in IW they don't want to come out before that movie does though I doubt it. But Ant-Man has been in a lot of the set photos from bystanders during production of IW2.

yeah I could see that happening. but still continuity right out the window.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
yeah I could see that happening. but still continuity right out the window.

Not necessarily. We don't know just how much Ant-Man is in the first IW movie yet. Probably not a lot (it looks like he's prominent in the second one though). A&W could serve as a "this is what was going on with Ant-Man, Hope, and Hank while that other stuff was playing out" type of affair and just rewinds a bit to get you to the start of their story with it ending at the same point in time as IW. Those guys are on the west coast and what we've seen from IW has all been in New York, Wakanda, and in space. Plus some of A&W will play out in the Quantum Realm/Microverse. There could be a quirk with how time flows introduced there.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I never saw Veronica Mars, but I remember her in Heroes. Then loved her in Sarah Marshal and everything after that.

EDIT: I just IMDB'd her and holy shit, she was in Deadwood.
Flora-Anderson-Kristen-Bell.png

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So we would have gotten that trailer in theaters if they didn't push it forward a week?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So we would have gotten that trailer in theaters if they didn't push it forward a week?

I think they didn't place it there because it would have confused audiences since they aren't even in the movie.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think they didn't place it there because it would have confused audiences since they aren't even in the movie.
I was thinking more along the lines that the trailer would follow its namesake and actually appear at the end of the film.

edit: trailer didn't even have any Infinity War references let alone spoilers. I'd wager the CGI simply was ready for release until this week.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
so uh that didn't really answer at all the question of "so where was ant man during infinity war"

not that i really care. trailer looks ok, nothing terrible but not really that interesting and pretty lazy quips

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
so uh that didn't really answer at all the question of "so where was ant man during infinity war"

not that i really care. trailer looks ok, nothing terrible but not really that interesting and pretty lazy quips

It's right in the movie. Hawk and Ant are tending to their families. Thanos just happens, and happens quickly, they don't have time to go collect the two dudes who aren't doing their superhero shit at the time (clearly Avengers et. al. weren't aware he did this mission of Hank's, if you're going to nitpick that).