Assassin's Creed Origins set in Egypt

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They really don't like you going swimming is the most I've been able to figure out. Jump in the water and people on boats start yelling at you angrily in a foreign language.

The pool is at capacity, sir.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So if AC3 was all about building a settlement and listening to native americans whine, and AC4 was about ship combat and listening to sea chanties, what is AC:Origins about?
According to Conan Obrien, running over people with chariots

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
played for about an hour maybe, returned it.

• 1Worf

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I have absolutely zero desire to buy this game. I was gifted AC 2 & 3 a couple'a Christmases ago, and I couldn't stand to play those either. I tried, I honestly put forth my effort, but bleh.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you get the twitch prime legendary weapons, or find some rare weapons in game you like don't dismantle them since you can upgrade items. I'm several hours into the game and like it so far. The combat is ok. Not great, not horrible, just ok. Not sure why the changed it, but I liked the old derpy assassin's creed combat. The world building and art are both great. Can't really comment on the story since I don't think I'm very far into it. Also, they've reduced the map clutter a bit because I've yet to find any feather/flag/animus shard type collectibles in the game.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Also, they've reduced the map clutter a bit because I've yet to find any feather/flag/animus shard type collectibles in the game.

Not found any of those either (other than the missing pages part outside of the animus). Instead it has the ? things spread around that the Witcher 3 had, with small objectives at every location (mostly find the loot or kill X enemy). Far better than collectibles.

About 7 hours in, just got to Alexandria (third area you get to). Looks great and runs very well, but fairly easy so far. Playing on hard, but I have done all ? and for the most part been constantly 2-3 levels above enemies for quests. Anything equal level or 1-2 higher you need to dodge and be active, but for lower you can just spam heavy attack. The first named I was supposed to kill I ended up killing in a massive spree with 5 other guards doing another quest. Didn't realize I had killed the named. We all ended up in a tent and I just spammed heavy attack and killed everything.

Enemies 3+ levels above you will close to oneshot you while you do very little damage. 5+ just gibs you if they hit. Ran into a hippo 8 levels above me and there wasn't even really any blocking animation or anything. It just rushed me, moved its head and I fell over desynched from full health.

I do wonder if you won't max out your level far before you are done. Quite a lot of zones in the 30-40 range, which seem to be large on the map. I've only done a few quests in Alexandria and I am level 15 already, a zone that is marked as recommended for level 9-11 (there are a few level 20 quest there too). Being level 15 after having explored 2.5 zones out of 20+ makes me wonder how much character progression there is in the end, or if you will get to 40 close to half way.

Ranged is very good in this game. Lots of the quests that involve things like "kill 1 captain" can be done by using bird, target, find high ground, predator bow to head.

Fun, but the ? gets repetitive fast. Out of the 20 or so I've done, I think there are only three variations. "Find X number of loot", "Kill person with golden tag", "Find X number of loot + Kill person with golden tag".

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not found any of those either (other than the missing pages part outside of the animus). Instead it has the ? things spread around that the Witcher 3 had, with small objectives at every location (mostly find the loot or kill X enemy). Far better than collectibles.

About 7 hours in, just got to Alexandria (third area you get to). Looks great and runs very well, but fairly easy so far. Playing on hard, but I have done all ? and for the most part been constantly 2-3 levels above enemies for quests. Anything equal level or 1-2 higher you need to dodge and be active, but for lower you can just spam heavy attack. The first named I was supposed to kill I ended up killing in a massive spree with 5 other guards doing another quest. Didn't realize I had killed the named. We all ended up in a tent and I just spammed heavy attack and killed everything.

Enemies 3+ levels above you will close to oneshot you while you do very little damage. 5+ just gibs you if they hit. Ran into a hippo 8 levels above me and there wasn't even really any blocking animation or anything. It just rushed me, moved its head and I fell over desynched from full health.

I do wonder if you won't max out your level far before you are done. Quite a lot of zones in the 30-40 range, which seem to be large on the map. I've only done a few quests in Alexandria and I am level 15 already, a zone that is marked as recommended for level 9-11 (there are a few level 20 quest there too). Being level 15 after having explored 2.5 zones out of 20+ makes me wonder how much character progression there is in the end, or if you will get to 40 close to half way.

Ranged is very good in this game. Lots of the quests that involve things like "kill 1 captain" can be done by using bird, target, find high ground, predator bow to head.

Fun, but the ? gets repetitive fast. Out of the 20 or so I've done, I think there are only three variations. "Find X number of loot", "Kill person with golden tag", "Find X number of loot + Kill person with golden tag".
I picked up the game Sunday morning and this post exactly mirrors my thoughts on it.

After Shadow of War I kind of like the new combat, since Shadow of War was so similar to previous AC games.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Playing. GameFly. About an hour in.

So far I love the combat changes and leveling system. I hate how cheap the animations and character models are, along with a shit ton of cosmetic bugs already. Saved a kid, go outside, kill hyenas. Turn to look at a wall and see two mice levitating in the air. Really?

Dialogue and story to this point is telling me absolutely nothing about the world. And there is literally no guidance so far. Will report back later if it gets any better.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Dialogue and story to this point is telling me absolutely nothing about the world. And there is literally no guidance so far. Will report back later if it gets any better.

I think this game don't have what the other ACs had, like details about the various buildings and things. Though there was a bit more backstory to the game in the computer when you get out of the Animus the first time.

Spoiler from what I gathered from reading the computer notes

You're a female engineer who has helped develop a portable animus without getting credit for it. These portable units are used with teams in pairs of two around the world.

You've been sent to find an unknown object and don't know why it has such high priority. You've found a mummy in a tomb, that you, without the company knowhow/blessing, have managed to infiltrate the memories of

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
following this thread made me buy ac unity. The game was obviously fixed of its numereous bugs over time and its most likely nothing like what the early buyers went trought. I also like the setting of Paris, a city i love, over egypt stuff.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
following this thread made me buy ac unity. The game was obviously fixed of its numereous bugs over time and its most likely nothing like what the early buyers went trought. I also like the setting of Paris, a city i love, over egypt stuff.

If you have a friend with a copy of it on the same platform hit them up for some co-op. It's basically a nonstop of hold my beer one ups man ship in how you pull stuff off and/or dicking the other person over. Probably some of the most fun I had 100 percenting it with a good buddy and keep hoping they bring it back. I don't think I've ever laughingly called someone an asshole or had the same done to me in the such a short amount of time.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Story of opens up and explains more things after the first area. So that’s good.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Story of opens up and explains more things after the first area. So that’s good.

The story kinda felt all over the place in AC:O so far. I was finding it hard to keep up with what was going on. I'm only like an hour in though, but it's jumping around a bit.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I’m about an hour and a half in. I did all the side quests and main quest (2 I think) in the first area and ended up seeing some more cut scenes explaining a few things but I have a ways to go to see if it picks up.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Go see your wife if you haven't. Don't really want to spoil why but I really wish I had done that first instead of just wandering around aimlessly from question mark to question mark.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What about that fucking awful way you are plunked from your immersion, back into some retarded millennial infested office (Asbestos)? I heard that horrendous concept was gracefully reduced/eliminated in this version. Can anyone confirm? I absolutely hate when you get pulled out of your world and smashed through the 4th wall like that. Ruins the whole experience.

Was it Black Flag (which was great, otherwise) where you'd get yanked from your 1700s tropical island setting, then suddenly be sitting at a computer desk and have to solve bogus hacker mini games in an office environment before you were returned to your pirate ship? Terrible.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
What about that fucking awful way you are plunked from your immersion, back into some retarded millennial infested office (Asbestos)? I heard that horrendous concept was gracefully reduced/eliminated in this version. Can anyone confirm? I absolutely hate when you get pulled out of your world and smashed through the 4th wall like that. Ruins the whole experience.

Was it Black Flag (which was great, otherwise) where you'd get yanked from your 1700s tropical island setting, then suddenly be sitting at a computer desk and have to solve bogus hacker mini games in an office environment before you were returned to your pirate ship? Terrible.

I think it was ok in AC1 and the AC2 games, because Desmond actually had a compelling story and it was the linchpin to the entire plot. You were in the Animus to train and find shit so it made sense that there was a modern part.

AC4's modern segments were terrible though, I hated the millenial hipster office bullshit.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Go see your wife if you haven't. Don't really want to spoil why but I really wish I had done that first instead of just wandering around aimlessly from question mark to question mark.

So I still haven't left the first area. Is she in the first area? Is it a main quest?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So I still haven't left the first area. Is she in the first area? Is it a main quest?

Main quest you don't get until after you finish first area. So do all things in first area, then talk to quest guy to progress. You will then exit the animus. Recommend reading the notes in the computer for a small bit of lore on previous people like Desmond. When you go back in, you get a quest to see the wife.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Main quest you don't get until after you finish first area. So do all things in first area, then talk to quest guy to progress. You will then exit the animus. Recommend reading the notes in the computer for a small bit of lore on previous people like Desmond. When you go back in, you get a quest to see the wife.

Ok thanks :)