Battlefield V

Janx

<Silver Donator>
My biggest complaint is if you're going to take those liberties then go all in and make it a new Battlefield series. (ala Bad Company, or shit even Bad Company). Gameplay actually looks solid but you KNOW as soon as the cash cow skin game goes in there's going to be all sorts of absurd shit. Also I would use the fuck out of a Willow skin but hopefully they'd include the brownies.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Most of the people complaining about "womenz in muh BF game" at this point still apparently haven't watched a single streamer play the game.

You mean the whole 5 half naked big titty gurl gamers playing it?

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
How is including a female amputee front and center in a WW2 era game not full SJW?

No one complained about Female Shepard in ME. No one complained about Samus in Metroid. No one complained about Ripley in Aliens. None of those characters where ham fisted into their roles and settings. Miss Blue Face in BF V is more ham fisted than Thanos fisting you with the infinity gauntlet.

Right, I already addressed that. God forbid a game cater to a gender at all by letting them choose And you're right. they didn't. I think it's 100% valid that there weren't the front line amputee's. But there weren't men with cyborg arms in WW2 either. EA/Dice even said they sacrificed historical accuracy for fun in this case. Or simply for the girl gamers, despite all our efforts, they exist and thankfully, they're even getting more attractive on average than they used to be. Maybe they're tired of playing a dude swinging a dick and want the option to reflect their gender?

Or should we just let em go "I identify as a non-amputee masculine WW2 vet!" as their ONLY option?

Now, if the entire BF game, single player and MP was a battlefield of all the cyborg women, then yeah. that would be forced as fuckl and I'd agree with you completely. But fuck off, it's a trailer. You'll be fine, princess.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
You mean the whole 5 half naked big titty gurl gamers playing it?

Whoosh.

He's referring to even the streamers of either gender playing it in the beta.

Oh god, I feel like the SJW agenda is being just rammed down my throat already.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
When it comes down to it the DICE games have been going to shit for awhile and it started when they started dicking around with design decisions in Battlefront. Maybe when/if BC3 comes out they can turn it around.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
When it comes down to it the DICE games have been going to shit for awhile and it started when they started dicking around with design decisions in Battlefront. Maybe when/if BC3 comes out they can turn it around.

Can definitely agree with this. Which is too bad, because they look amazing and even run amazing early on but then just get worse and worse. Plus the maps feel like they're getting smaller and smaller. I miss the massive 1942/2/2142 maps. BC2 was a strange hybrid which worked well. maps weren't as sprawling but they were still large enough, even on rush. And strangely they made it feel fine with having prone not even be an option. Was one of my fav games to snipe in and prone was 100% absent.

I think I would have liked 2's sniping better, but when an m95 had hard-coded cone fire and would not hit where you aimed, it's a bit retarded. Especially since it was the only gun that could damage/kill a pilot and his gunner.

Sadly I think even IF a BC3 (doubt it will) comes out. It will just be along the same model we see currently and wont go back to the great BC2 days. I can't find the source but I think I remember reading that EA/Dice had no idea what made BC2 so good so they dont know how to replicate it. Gives a solid idea for how terrible of a developer they can be. If i were to guess, BF: Hardline was their attempt at that. Which for what it was worth, I actually liked a LOT of hardlines features. the grappling hooks, capturing enemies to see their team locations temporarily etc. But the game was overly shitty in a lot of other areas to make it not worth it so the community also died fast as fuck, too.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Whoosh.

He's referring to even the streamers of either gender playing it in the beta.

Oh god, I feel like the SJW agenda is being just rammed down my throat already.

And I’m talking about the whole 5 girls that played the entire battlefield series on twitch showing their titties in stream.

Rarely did I ever see girls just playing and kicking ass.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
And I’m talking about the whole 5 girls that played the entire battlefield series on twitch showing their titties in stream.

Rarely did I ever see girls just playing and kicking ass.

You rarely see girls playing ANY games on twitch kicking ass. usually the non-titty/gimmick streamers are down on the bottom in viewer count, so you're scrolling by a few hundred pages of them. But that's for anyone starting up streaming too. I never see anyone's stream from FOH either, unless they link it here. And even then I dont follow it or remember to check it.

Do you have to stream to be a legitimate gamer these days anyway? How does who or what gender is streaming a fucking 1-level alpha/beta validate what should be put in a game as simply a player model option? I've seen a few black characters on the BF5 gameplay, but never a black dude kicking ass on twitch. Oh noes, they must be libtard cucks.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You rarely see girls playing ANY games on twitch kicking ass. usually the non-titty streamers are down on the bottom in viewer count, so you're scrolling by a few hundred pages of them. But that's for anyone starting up streaming too. I never see anyone's stream from FOH either, unless they link it here. And even then I dont follow it or remember to check it.

That was my kinda my point. Big Titties rule.

spronk

FPS noob
I just can't come up with a reason to buy BF5 pre order or at launch, for whatever reason BF1 just didn't grab my interest and BF5 seems way more like BF1 than BF4 in terms of gun play, map mechanics, game mechanics, etc. If you were gonna do WW2 right I'd want to see the Pacific front a lot more, I'd want to see nazi's being evil as fuck and maps like auschwitz and shit where i'd enjoy voice comms between libs and nazis, I'd want the rape of nanking map where japs murder babies in the background as you storm the palace, etc.

instead we get this safe ass, "this is just like any war" map mode that doesn't really look like WW2 in any shape or form. BF1 I didn't have that problem with since its so far removed from our history now and the atrocities were fairly mild compared to WW2. But don't give me this bullshit WW2 game and sugar coat it so it looks like nothing really fucked up happened in that war. If you wanna take advantage of placing your game in the middle of a historical real war then show us the good and the bad.

also it'll be 50% off almost for sure less than 45 days during black friday so why bother buying at launch, just wait a month and get it at a massive discount

I am sorta more excited for COD Black Cops IIII, while that will also sugar coat war so its just guns and alleys at least that will have a battle royale mode at launch. that could be hella shitty or hella fun, gonna have to get into the beta to see. BF5 really has nothing new to excite me, at least at launch.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just can't come up with a reason to buy BF5 pre order or at launch, for whatever reason BF1 just didn't grab my interest and BF5 seems way more like BF1 than BF4 in terms of gun play, map mechanics, game mechanics, etc. If you were gonna do WW2 right I'd want to see the Pacific front a lot more, I'd want to see nazi's being evil as fuck and maps like auschwitz and shit where i'd enjoy voice comms between libs and nazis, I'd want the rape of nanking map where japs murder babies in the background as you storm the palace, etc.

instead we get this safe ass, "this is just like any war" map mode that doesn't really look like WW2 in any shape or form. BF1 I didn't have that problem with since its so far removed from our history now and the atrocities were fairly mild compared to WW2. But don't give me this bullshit WW2 game and sugar coat it so it looks like nothing really fucked up happened in that war. If you wanna take advantage of placing your game in the middle of a historical real war then show us the good and the bad.

also it'll be 50% off almost for sure less than 45 days during black friday so why bother buying at launch, just wait a month and get it at a massive discount

I am sorta more excited for COD Black Cops IIII, while that will also sugar coat war so its just guns and alleys at least that will have a battle royale mode at launch. that could be hella shitty or hella fun, gonna have to get into the beta to see. BF5 really has nothing new to excite me, at least at launch.

Yeah BF1 was fine I had fun but it wasn’t BF3 or BC2 for me.

Cybsled

The biggest reason the maps are so small is PS4/Xbox. You can't have a high level of detail on large maps on a console.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The biggest reason the maps are so small is PS4/Xbox. You can't have a high level of detail on large maps on a console.

I think if they went the BF2 route they'd resolve that. Just make maps be scaled based on player count. So limit consoles to 32 players, not 64. get them in tighter quarters and let them suck it up playing the watered down version until they realize if you want a "how it's meant to be played". join the PC master race.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm unfortunately in the Tuco fence position on this one. I get as far as player customization going and allowing for bit more zany unique misfits etc. Hopefully they dont get into people running around as pink clowns, but as far as bizzare outfits within the setting I'm cool with it.

The gameplay vids look so promising it seems pretty redeeming. I'm kind of the mind, that the marketing department or whatever may have had the heavier dose of any SJW feels. Like maybe they thought it actually was pushing the oh, unique characters thing. But I think ultimately the video was shit. Trying to pretend like it's in game stuff was silly, as many critique video's pointed out you have British running from British tanks and a lot of other nonsensical shit even within the framework of a "more exciting action packed ww2" etc.

I have zero problems with letting folk play females and even have wierd stuff like amputee arms. (I kinda giggle at thinking of a quad amputee running around) But I think they would have been better served with a cover art person that was closer to "mainstream." Could still be ridiculous like a painted up scotsman or something. Even with chick running around the video was more ruined by the other nonsensical stuff and her being a little too ham fistedly focused on.

And even by itself, if this was 8 years ago, would have been just a laughably poor intro vid. But you do have to kind of look at it in the context of all the shit that's been coming out in games lately. Andromeda, Battletech "Xer's" etc. It's not over the top like some games, but I think theres certainly a little bit of those politics driving these decisions just as much as them thinking they would sell more skins to gamergurls.

Actual gameplay video's I think are redeeming enough I might actually month 1 it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think I'm unfortunately in the Tuco fence position on this one. I get as far as player customization going and allowing for bit more zany unique misfits etc. Hopefully they dont get into people running around as pink clowns, but as far as bizzare outfits within the setting I'm cool with it.

The gameplay vids look so promising it seems pretty redeeming. I'm kind of the mind, that the marketing department or whatever may have had the heavier dose of any SJW feels. Like maybe they thought it actually was pushing the oh, unique characters thing. But I think ultimately the video was shit. Trying to pretend like it's in game stuff was silly, as many critique video's pointed out you have British running from British tanks and a lot of other nonsensical shit even within the framework of a "more exciting action packed ww2" etc.

I have zero problems with letting folk play females and even have wierd stuff like amputee arms. (I kinda giggle at thinking of a quad amputee running around) But I think they would have been better served with a cover art person that was closer to "mainstream." Could still be ridiculous like a painted up scotsman or something. Even with chick running around the video was more ruined by the other nonsensical stuff and her being a little too ham fistedly focused on.

And even by itself, if this was 8 years ago, would have been just a laughably poor intro vid. But you do have to kind of look at it in the context of all the shit that's been coming out in games lately. Andromeda, Battletech "Xer's" etc. It's not over the top like some games, but I think theres certainly a little bit of those politics driving these decisions just as much as them thinking they would sell more skins to gamergurls.

Actual gameplay video's I think are redeeming enough I might actually month 1 it.

Nah I’m hoping it’s good I’m just waiting to see if my clan/friends get into it. ’ll still play it even with the tranny cyborgs. Just kinda weird they did WW2 and not some near future but whatever.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Now, if the entire BF game, single player and MP was a battlefield of all the cyborg women, then yeah. that would be forced as fuckl and I'd agree with you completely. But fuck off, it's a trailer. You'll be fine, princess.
Exactly, this is just the trailer. Im sure the amputee sjw princess is just the tip of the iceberg of stupidity.

With no premium anymore, how exactly do you think theyre gonna make all the money they would have otherwise made by selling a premium pack? By flooding the game with shitty cosmetics. That idiotic blue face paint amputee is going to be just one of a billion versions of autism in BF V.
God forbid a game cater to a gender at all by letting them choose And you're right. they didn't. I think it's 100% valid that there weren't the front line amputee's. But there weren't men with cyborg arms in WW2 either. EA/Dice even said they sacrificed historical accuracy for fun in this case. Or simply for the girl gamers, despite all our efforts, they exist and thankfully, they're even getting more attractive on average than they used to be.

No one hates women or wants them out of our video games. There are countless of examples of female characters in video games no one gives a shit about or *gasp* actually enjoy playing. What people hate is ham fisted, idiotic bullshit like what we are seeing. People hate design choices that are specifically meant to placate the feelings of people.

• 1Like

Cybsled

If the choice is letting people buy rooster costumes or having to pay 19.99 every 5 months to play 1 map and get 3 new guns, then I'm all for the cometics.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Or just dont buy the game that relies on shitty cosmetics?

Make them earn your money by producing actual content?

• 1Like

Cybsled

They've stated they plan to release DLC content for free and drive the funding of that by cosmetics. Unless they don't live up to that bargain, then what's the big deal? Are you so triggered that you still can't get past robo-girl? There are tons of games (Overwatch, DOTA, PUBG, Fortnite) that do well and do ongoing funding almost purely through cosmetic sales.

• 1Like