Battlefield V

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
1942 had my favorite vehicle combat and systems. Air could be both easily taken out but also do a lot of damage to ground by bullets or bombs. I felt like with the desert combat and bf3 and 4 only helis were versatile but jets were just for a dogfight mini game with no impact on the results of a game unless being piloted by an insane pilot

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Ya, one reason I loved flying in BF1942 is a good pilot had the ability to really impact the ground war. You know, like real life lol

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess I've gotten to the point where I'm just tired of 90% of games being about killing. I used to be really good at FPSs too. It does look really cool, but I don't think I'm the demographic anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I guess I've gotten to the point where I'm just tired of 90% of games being about killing. I used to be really good at FPSs too. It does look really cool, but I don't think I'm the demographic anymore.

I can kind of agree but I'd also say there's a high probability that it's because most FPS's are shit these days. I have had that same feeling but I still crave them and realized that most are just bland and a rehash of the same thing over and over where you're paying $50 for a new map pack but nothing new besides. And the games that got this treatment were bland to begin with.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I agree with that, most FPS games are shells of their former selves. There are a few that have more depth but they're still lacking systems to make them more mainstream (See PS2).

Pretty sad that shooters made 10-15 years ago have more depth than what's out there currently. Hell, people are STILL playing Counter Strike, something I started playing around 2000. What's even more baffling is people are bitching about no 3D spotting in this game and want it back, I just don't understand the masses.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
What I am bummed about, with how good Doom 2016 was, that the map editor was meh and therefore replayability suffered. I would have LOVED for someone to remake all of the Doom/Doom 2, ultimate doom levels etc on that engine if possible. I recently installed and went back and played those. Level design and monster density, in addition to secrets etc were so good.

I think BF has somewhat suffered in their own way due to trying to copy the COD model of smaller close quarters maps for a glorified deathmatch. Or it's a big open range but you can only access a narrow pass etc. I think BF2 did it right in the sense that they had a large/medium/small version of each map where the server could set it to use whichever based on the player count. So if it was only 8 players, sure, compact that sumbich. But 32/64? Give as much room as possible.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
watching a few streams and it looks really good but i just can't come up with a reason to buy day one. i pre ordered BF1 and that was a good game but i just didn't feel like playing after a while, dunno why. i think the same thing is gonna happen to this.

the origins thing is kinda interesting though, pay $100/yr and get access to this and Anthem without paying anything more. maybe like buy that in Jan before Anthem releases? On the other hand i imagine BF5 will be 50% off on black friday so could just do that and skip origins access... its too bad EA's game library is so weak and sparse (if you aren't into sports), its like they only release 2-3 games a year that interest me.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Posting from Moab Utah bitches! I finally have fucking service. Sprint sucks.

Yeah I’m the same way. The older I get, the worse my reflexes are. Still will probably rent this at least to try the multiplayer and get my ass kicked. Too bad they fucked up the story because I would be interested in the historical setting this is in if it was accurate.

Time to go jump off a perfectly good red rock cliff on a zip!

Also BoozeCube BoozeCube willl be the best mod ever.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Not impressed. BF1s horrible mechanics got me to stop playing it, and BFVs SJW retardation has killed the series for me.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
How is it SJW retardation again? A fucking trailer and option to play a female char? There's the non EA articles of people defending it stupidly, yes. But that's not the impression im seeing from DICE/EA other than admitting they're trading some historical accuracy for fun. So let fems/trannies play female chars in game if they want. How is that really fucking it up for you? Now if they were pushing some "go kick some patriarchy ass" ad campaign, sure, then it's SJW bullshit being shoved down our throats and I'd be 100% out.

Only reason I'm on the fence is because I've enjoyed BF games less and less as the series went on. And the only reason I wouldn't want female player model option in game for people is because then 99% of the tryhards choose that model because "smaller hitbox, lul" and that becomes a stupid meta. Thats the only thing i've hated, going back to Q3 and Unreal Tournament.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
How is it SJW retardation again? A fucking trailer and option to play a female char? There's the non EA articles of people defending it stupidly, yes. But that's not the impression im seeing from DICE/EA other than admitting they're trading some historical accuracy for fun. So let fems/trannies play female chars in game if they want. How is that really fucking it up for you? Now if they were pushing some "go kick some patriarchy ass" ad campaign, sure, then it's SJW bullshit being shoved down our throats and I'd be 100% out.

Only reason I'm on the fence is because I've enjoyed BF games less and less as the series went on. And the only reason I wouldn't want female player model option in game for people is because then 99% of the tryhards choose that model because "smaller hitbox, lul" and that becomes a stupid meta. Thats the only thing i've hated, going back to Q3 and Unreal Tournament.

You're breaking from this boards narrative, expect to be taken away for reeducation shortly. Godspeed.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
You're breaking from this boards narrative, expect to be taken away for reeducation shortly. Godspeed.

Oh i'd fully expect that in the general/politics thread for sure. I think the inmates there are starting to get bored and are branching out.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
How is that really fucking it up for you? Now if they were pushing some "go kick some patriarchy ass" ad campaign, sure, then it's SJW bullshit being shoved down our throats and I'd be 100% out.
How is including a female amputee front and center in a WW2 era game not full SJW?

No one complained about Female Shepard in ME. No one complained about Samus in Metroid. No one complained about Ripley in Aliens. None of those characters where ham fisted into their roles and settings. Miss Blue Face in BF V is more ham fisted than Thanos fisting you with the infinity gauntlet.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And the only reason I wouldn't want female player model option in game for people is because then 99% of the tryhards choose that model because "smaller hitbox, lul" and that becomes a stupid meta. Thats the only thing i've hated, going back to Q3 and Unreal Tournament.

Ive already preordered the $99 Willow skin package. It’s got half the hitbox of that metal arm having tranny. Go on and say it you bigot. Go on and call me a peck!

6F2F2AB4-81DC-40B4-938B-60DF2A97B4F3.jpeg

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Most of the people complaining about "womenz in muh BF game" at this point still apparently haven't watched a single streamer play the game.

• 1Worf