Battlefield V

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Every single one of those games are filled with rainbow autistic shit. And in the case of PUBG and Fortnite monumentally shallow.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I'm sure Valve really cares about opinions like that when they bring in like 75,000,000 in profit from The International sales every year and Epic games rakes in hundreds of millions.

Game development is expensive. If they had offered free expansions in EQ1, but the trade off was cosmetics for sale, the only people who would have thrown a fit were the end game raiders because now they don't stand out as much in their unique gear.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I'm sure Valve really cares about opinions like that when they bring in like 75,000,000 in profit from The International sales every year and Epic games rakes in hundreds of millions.
Yeah thats the big problem with the industry right now. Why license engines, hire a team of developers, coders etc. to make money when you can hire a few artists to make more money than the former?

Its infesting every god damn game. You think FO76 wont be riddled with cosmetic purchases?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I'm not saying it can't be a problem. Some games go full cash grab and skimp on content. But equating it with automatic shit is also stupid.

I won't care about FO76 cosmetic shit so long as they support the game and continue to release updates.

The truth is that after original game box sales, you only have a few ways to make money

1) Paid DLC/Expansion packs...basically the original old model. You release a $30-40 expansion pack and get a large cash infusion. However, the downside is that with a few exceptions, this sometimes constitutes the only new content until they release the next DLC/Expansion pack. Also, for certain online games, it can split the playerbase, which can lead to the game stagnating and dying.

2) Subscriptions. Again, another old model. Reliable income means reliable content updates, but players typically don't want to maintain too many subscriptions, so the total target market is much smaller and you tend to fight over the same people.

3) Pay to win. The Korean/Chinese MMO model. This is the worst model for gamers because game development centers around keeping players buying your shit. It is ultimately short sighted and is driven primarily by whales.

4) Paid Cosmetics (gamble box or direct sales). Basically you exploit people's desire to "stand out"/get bling and they pay for it. When done right, it doesn't impact gameplay at all. Gamble boxes, however, can be somewhat exploitative of people with gambling problems, especially since many of these game boxes can net you items you can sell for real life cash. For some games, they become cosmetic only and have no real content updates outside of cosmetics, although this most frequently happens with stagnating games and them trying to continue to milk cash from the existing playerbase.

End of the day, you're getting one of these 4 options. Cosmetics usually is the most consumer friendly of the bunch, so I find it to be the lesser evil unless the game clearly just does nothing buy cosmetics and has no new content.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They've stated they plan to release DLC content for free and drive the funding of that by cosmetics. Unless they don't live up to that bargain, then what's the big deal? Are you so triggered that you still can't get past robo-girl? There are tons of games (Overwatch, DOTA, PUBG, Fortnite) that do well and do ongoing funding almost purely through cosmetic sales.

You buying the matching robot arms?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Right, I already addressed that. God forbid a game cater to a gender at all by letting them choose And you're right. they didn't. I think it's 100% valid that there weren't the front line amputee's. But there weren't men with cyborg arms in WW2 either. EA/Dice even said they sacrificed historical accuracy for fun in this case. Or simply for the girl gamers, despite all our efforts, they exist and thankfully, they're even getting more attractive on average than they used to be. Maybe they're tired of playing a dude swinging a dick and want the option to reflect their gender?

Or should we just let em go "I identify as a non-amputee masculine WW2 vet!" as their ONLY option?

Now, if the entire BF game, single player and MP was a battlefield of all the cyborg women, then yeah. that would be forced as fuckl and I'd agree with you completely. But fuck off, it's a trailer. You'll be fine, princess.

I wanted to Picard the fuck out of this but I’m late for white water rafting the royal gorge. Doubt I’ll see any blue hair cyborg amputees there. Playing away from historical accuracy is one thing, doing something as stupid as this for their SP campaign when they did a really good job personalizing WW1 story backdrops in BF1 and could have actually made real stories about women in WW2 heroics, is SJW Pandering bullshit.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Watching the Sponsored Streams right now, game looks beautiful but gameplay is so bland. Boring as fuck to watch. I seriously hate capture points.
I never played a Battlefield game, are they all like this? Cap point centric ?
Seems impossible to make a comeback... people just die and respawn, recycle, repeat for 40 mins. Such a snoozefest.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah all the big streamers - ninja, lirik, soda, etc - are streaming BF 5 alpha now on twitch if you wanna see it

ultimately battlefield is about team based objective play, whereas COD tends to be more solo, CQC alleys/small hall team deathmatch style play. Just depends on what style you prefer really. Both games do have modes that support the other play style but the popular ones are the focus.

the environments are really gorgeous and the gun play looks really fun. i'll definitely be playing BF 5 at some point, just not sure if its launch or when they finally do Battle Royale. Oct/Nov is SUPER busy with RDR 2, COD, Forza Horizon 4, AC Odyssey, Fallout 76, and Hitman 2.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
800 respawns is an awful lot if your team sucks and you have to wait for them to die that many times.

Fadaar

That guy
Is it like the older ones where if you get all capped they drop super quick? Really no interest in watching a BF stream, especially since I have zero intentions of buying this one. Wake me up when they announce Bad Company 3.

Cybsled

Right now all the major streamers are playing this. Shroud and Doc and Ninja currently.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>

Game development is expensive. If they had offered free expansions in EQ1, but the trade off was cosmetics for sale, the only people who would have thrown a fit were the end game raiders because now they don't stand out as much in their unique gear.
Exactly my point. What has Valve done in the world of gaming since aquiring DOTA? Absolutely nothing.

It is an absolutely horrible arrangement from the gamers perspective.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Exactly my point. What has Valve done in the world of gaming since aquiring DOTA? Absolutely nothing.

Not to mention, their steam sales suck ass now. I know that’s the fault of publishers, but these sales have been the same damn prices over the last two years now. It’s retarded. In the old days, fallout 4 goty edition would be 9.99 by now.

Maybe valve can get back to making a fucking game or two again.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>

They spent a good 3-4 years working on the Steam Controller, VR and the Steam Box. Granted 2 out of the 3 seem to have failed but that's kinda what Valve do.

They have 'fuck you' money so they do what they want, which was a focus on hardware.

We're still seeing Artifact by the end of the year and I think that has the potential to be pretty good. They've also stated they're working on several games right now, which is really unlike Valve to announce.

Cybsled

Siractionslacks has been working on a secret project with Valve for the past couple months. It is reasonable to assume it is related to TI8 stuff like intro clips, but most people are assuming it also has a lot to do with an actual Artifact gameplay reveal at TI8.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Watching it I have 0 desire to play it. I played the BF1 beta and it was not my thing. This seems a lot like that. Probably going to pass on this one.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users