Best phone games?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sometime last week every thread became marked as read and mine greyed out as well. Just assumed I was dumb and clicked the wrong button.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Explain. I'm curious.
1621167665406.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sometime last week every thread became marked as read and mine greyed out as well. Just assumed I was dumb and clicked the wrong button.
Same thing happened to me, but I never marked this whole forum as read.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This forum marks threads read after a certain amount of time so my guess is anything you had not read hit that threshold.

• 1Pathetic

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
Somehow I got a 6 month free sub to Apple Arcade (my wife sent it to me so no idea). Lot's of games. I downloaded Fantasian. I haven's stopped playing Fantasian. It's from the people from Mystwalker (Founder was at Square from the creation and helped create the FF series). If you enjoy FF games, this is super good. Turn based, awkward dialogue, corny story.. it has it all. I can't put it down.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

^ here's a couple in the genre that I've been promoting in this thread that are pretty solid games to play through. Not sure what they're called anymore, but I know the style and genre when I play it! Haha. I don't think calling them simply "room escape" games fits anymore with how they've evolved, but they're still in the room escape / puzzle games / tap and solve genre. Give them an honest go on your phone... I love the puzzles they present as being enjoyably logical without being too difficult (you guys who play these type of games understand what I mean).

-edit- and if anyone has solid suggestions for me, ship it over! Love these type of games.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So due to covid's stupid longevity and media panic, me and the girl have had to deal with dating long distance. We want to play some games together but her PC and consoles aren't with her so we're stuck with android games.

Any recommendations for 2 player android games?

Chris

Potato del Grande
So due to covid's stupid longevity and media panic, me and the girl have had to deal with dating long distance. We want to play some games together but her PC and consoles aren't with her so we're stuck with android games.

Mobas are good on mobile, like League of Legends Wild Rift.

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider

Tick Tock: A tale for Two is a nice 2 player coop adventure/escape room style game where you work together to solve puzzles based on info you both have in separate areas.
Board Game Arena recently got bought by one of the biggest board game publishers (Asmodee) so has started getting a ton of new board games. Lot of good filler/casual games in there.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I've gotten pretty far in Park Escape without any hints or spoilers online but this puzzle here has, admittedly, owned me.

Too proud to look online for answer. I feel like the game is actually fuxxored because hey... I'm smart and can get through these puzzle games on my own, right? right?

Well take a look:

Screenshot_20210828-223335_Park Escape.jpg

Basically - look at the pattern on the leaves, figure out what the brown ? and the yellow ? is. Simple, right?

Rationally, each left leaf is just the product of the ones above, so the brown is easily 15.

Which should make the yellow 12.

Screenshot_20210828-223347_Park Escape.jpg

Then in the game, you punch in the code 1512 and the door should open, right? Nope!

But wait... the 7 should be 8 on the leaf if it's following the logical pattern above, yes? Maybe a mistake on their end?

So punch in the code 1511. Nope!

Brown 15 I'm positive is correct but the yellow is shifty... I just can't see the pattern to proceed and I know some of you are probably smarter than me. I feel like I fell in some type of pattern of simple expectation but the actual solution is more clever than simple addition to procure 1512.

The entire game has similar riddles/puzzles although it isn't as difficult as this puzzle, but it's similar in nature... another /nudge to give it a try on your mobiles!

So what's the answer to THIS one though? I need a hand.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I've gotten pretty far in Park Escape without any hints or spoilers online but this puzzle here has, admittedly, owned me.

Too proud to look online for answer. I feel like the game is actually fuxxored because hey... I'm smart and can get through these puzzle games on my own, right? right?

Well take a look:

View attachment 370617

Basically - look at the pattern on the leaves, figure out what the brown ? and the yellow ? is. Simple, right?

Rationally, each left leaf is just the product of the ones above, so the brown is easily 15.

Which should make the yellow 12.

View attachment 370618

Then in the game, you punch in the code 1512 and the door should open, right? Nope!

But wait... the 7 should be 8 on the leaf if it's following the logical pattern above, yes? Maybe a mistake on their end?

So punch in the code 1511. Nope!

Brown 15 I'm positive is correct but the yellow is shifty... I just can't see the pattern to proceed and I know some of you are probably smarter than me. I feel like I fell in some type of pattern of simple expectation but the actual solution is more clever than simple addition to procure 1512.

The entire game has similar riddles/puzzles although it isn't as difficult as this puzzle, but it's similar in nature... another /nudge to give it a try on your mobiles!

So what's the answer to THIS one though? I need a hand.
Brown is not 15 and yellow is not 12 but you're close. Work top down and the only hint that I can really give without giving away the solution is the double digits aren't really double digits.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Brown is not 15 and yellow is not 12 but you're close. Work top down and the only hint that I can really give without giving away the solution is the double digits aren't really double digits.
LoL How is brown NOT 15? Don't tell me (yet). Sum the single digits?

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah.. rough to think of any other hint to give without telling you the answer directly. The only math you should be doing for this one is basic addition.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They very cleverly made two patterns that work most of the way down but if you go all the way with it 21-13 does not equal 7.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
They very cleverly made two patterns that work most of the way down but if you go all the way with it 21-13 does not equal 7.
Yeah, I sorta figured this was what was happening and I can't see the 2nd pattern! Still looking; I'll ask you guys if I get too flummoxed and give up.

Thanks guys!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The two missing numbers also do not follow the subtraction pattern. Looks like they were just trying to throw people off.

I typically dislike these kinds of games because I overthink them like a motherfucker. And this right here is a prime example. I imagine you are WAY over thinking this Vanessa, if you've not gotten it yet, but it was created such that my 8 yo could figure it out. That's not a cut at you, I'm just saying think very, very simple.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
My 10 and 12 year olds spend like 20 minutes trying and they had like 4 different ways that ALMOST worked that I hadn't even thought to try. When they gave up and I showed them they were both facepalming and upset that they had been tricked into overthinking it. I know it was my hint before, that all you need is basic addition, but I can't stress that enough. This whole thing is solvable with a bunch of + signs :) I know that probably gives it away, but I'm now emotionally invested in Vanessa not giving up haha. YOU CAN DO IT.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Can't speak for all of them, but for FF I the new Pixel Remaster version is fucking awesome. New artwork and a totally redone full orchestra BGM, Spells are shiny as hell.