Better Call Saul

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Saul taking 86 years instead of 7 was fucking dumb. Should've just taken the fall for Kim to avoid her civil liability and added a few maybe, sure,, but sentencing yourself to life in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison when you've already understood your errors is akin to zealots lashing their own backs for their sins.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Saul taking 86 years instead of 7 was fucking dumb. Should've just taken the fall for Kim to avoid her civil liability and added a few maybe, sure,, but sentencing yourself to life in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison when you've already understood your errors is akin to zealots lashing their own backs for their sins.

Was pretty clear he cared more about Kim's respect than his freedom.

Going the "I'm a changed man, starting after I lie to get out of the punishment I deserve" would be a completely retarded ending

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Was pretty clear he cared more about Kim's respect than his freedom.

Going the "I'm a changed man, starting after I lie to get out of the punishment I deserve" would be a completely retarded ending
what use is the respect if you're in prison for the rest of your life? voluntarily sacrificing the entire remainder of your life is completely retarded, but maybe that's just me.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
what use is the respect if you're in prison for the rest of your life? voluntarily sacrificing the entire remainder of your life is completely retarded, but maybe that's just me.

Well, she's actually visiting him in prison. He doesn't get to see her at all the other way.

I think he put himself in prison because he knew he was weak and wouldn't be able to stay clean on the outside.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

That's the entire point.

All the talk about regrets with Mike, Walt, and Chuck. They all died full of regrets. Kim was the one big regret he actually still had some power over and was worth his freedom to have her respect/love.

That wasn't happening with "I've changed, Kim! I mean it for reals! See in a few years"

Weird that I'm having to spell this out I thought they did a really good job explaining it, but maybe not.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Well, she's actually visiting him in prison. He doesn't get to see her at all the other way.

I think he put himself in prison because he knew he was weak and wouldn't be able to stay clean on the outside.
He's in prison whether it's 7 years or 86 years.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
That's the entire point.

All the talk about regrets with Mike, Walt, and Chuck. They all died full of regrets. Kim was the one big regret he actually still had some power over and was worth his freedom to have her respect/love.

That wasn't happening with "I've changed, Kim! I mean it for reals! See in a few years"

Weird that I'm having to spell this out I thought they did a really good job explaining it, but maybe not.
They explained it just fine, I just think it's dumb.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Yeah I think there's some of that.

Also lying and manipulating to get out of the situation is a Saul thing to do he truly doesn't want to be Saul anymore.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
There were three deaths of Saul in the finale

Gene, the guy who is always running and hiding and perpetually scared "dies" in a dumpster, surrounded and with nowhere to run
Saul Goodman, the flashy lawyer "dies" in a brillant final legal maneuver when he instinctively figures out key info like the AUSA only takes on winning cases and his sly "I just need 1 juror" remark to essentially con the DOJ to cut a 7 year (down from multiple lifetimes!) deal in a cushy jail. One of his final lines is telling the court he is Jimmy McGill, not Saul Goodman.
Jimmy McGill "dies" in prison, far in the future, but he is finally at peace with himself and is the only persona left.

I guess you could spin a theory that Saul eventually reduces his sentence after a few years, especially with Kim's help. If there is a future spin off I'd bet its focused on Kim and a side plot involves getting Kim Jimmy free.

This tweet from Captain Janeway was funny and reminded me of the Hollywood energy of righteousness that Saul was written as, Sauls end at least made more sense lol

Last edited:

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
She was in it for one season.

Bro, do you even red dwarf? I'm not even sure who you're talking about here. Kochanski was played by 3 actresses in seasons 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Maybe you're thinking of the hot Kochanski who did 7 -9 when she wasn't just in flashbacks. Maybe it seemed like only one season because we definitely needed more of her.

Girl holly was in seasons 3-5.

I just realized they never had girl holly and kochanski in the same series. I guess they were only allowed one girl on set at a time.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I guess you could spin a theory that Saul eventually reduces his sentence after a few years, especially with Kim's help. If there is a future spin off I'd bet its focused on Kim and a side plot involves getting Kim free.

Yeah they're saying the breakingbadverse is over now, but I would totally watch a show about jimmy in prison. Until they make one to prove otherwise, I'm going to assume he's still conning motherfuckers and running the joint within a few years.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's no way he could have taken the fall for Kim. She already gave a signed affidavit and it's pretty clear she wasn't going to lie about what she had done.

Also, "understanding your errors" is really meaningless if you don't take a commensurate level of responsibility for it. "I killed someone but now I realize that was a bad thing to do, so I don't have to go to jail!" His behavior as Gene made it clear he had not changed at that point. In prison, there's a lot less he can do.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yeah they're saying the breakingbadverse is over now, but I would totally watch a show about jimmy in prison. Until they make one to prove otherwise, I'm going to assume he's still conning motherfuckers and running the joint within a few years.

This mother fucker is going to watch the prison spin off, the Kim sequel, the Hamlin McGill prequel, el Camino and all Vince Gilligan x files episodes finished with a Malcolm in the middle marathon before he watches breaking bad

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users