BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
85-of-you-need-to-die-bill-burr-36329062.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

iannis

Musty Nester
C.K. has gone super arty. His Fox show was already arty. Horace and Pete was alright for a play, it was. But it was SUCH a stage play. You have to give him credit for this: not very many people even -try- to do that, and he succeeded in capturing the atmosphere of a live play on camera. He's just getting more and more esoteric.

I feel like Bill Burr is going to just start screaming "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" on stage for 30 minutes and call it a set. And i'd pay to see it! Burr's last special seemed a little spiteful, even for Burr. I don't remember any jokes from it, I do remember the impression of "Wow, that dude was not in a good mood at all that night, was he?". But I do remember liking it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
C.K. has gone super arty. His Fox show was already arty. Horace and Pete was alright for a play, it was. But it was SUCH a stage play. You have to give him credit for this: not very many people even -try- to do that, and he succeeded in capturing the atmosphere of a live play on camera. He's just getting more and more esoteric.

I feel like Bill Burr is going to just start screaming "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" on stage for 30 minutes and call it a set. And i'd pay to see it! Burr's last special seemed a little spiteful, even for Burr. I don't remember any jokes from it, I do remember the impression of "Wow, that dude was not in a good mood at all that night, was he?". But I do remember liking it.

Burr is one divorce away from turning into Sam Kinison, and it will be glorious.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
We need to revive Dave Attell's career. I saw him on a clip from the Joe Rogan Podcast the other day and that guy is so fucking funny.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Da Bomb gets everyone.
It tastes like pure shit. There's other sauces with similar/higher scoville ratings but they don't taste like battery acid so it's not as bad of an experience. Their last dab sauce is hot as fuck but tastes good so it's not nearly as big of an issue.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Last dab is the truth, I have a bottle of it, its stupid hot.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
It tastes like pure shit. There's other sauces with similar/higher scoville ratings but they don't taste like battery acid so it's not as bad of an experience. Their last dab sauce is hot as fuck but tastes good so it's not nearly as big of an issue.

Oh I'm sure this is true, I'm just commenting on the show itself.

Correct me if I am wrong but Da Bomb is the only sauce that has been featured in every single episode?

Sean doesn't keep it in the lineup because it is a good sauce with a good flavor that he thinks people should buy, no, he keeps it in the lineup precisely because it is battery acid. Almost every guest says, "That tastes bad." But then they also almost always lose their minds trying to deal with it.

I also think Burr had it right, it should be #10. But I also think I know why they keep it in the lineup at #8. It's the watershed moment. If you can survive #8, then #9 and #10 aren't as bad because they are actual real sauces that are designed to not only be hot, but to taste good. I think this is a theme in this show and probably a designed theme. Da Bomb is designed to hit the guests like a brick, but then #9 and #10 are like a nice break, a nice come-down.

Almost every guest reacts to Da Bomb, but then thinks that #10 isn't all that bad in comparison. I think it works for the production of the show. You kick them in the face with the battery acid, and then you gently let them recover and promote their show with the last dab to bring it all home. It's brilliant.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Right. 9 and 10 are technically hotter but it's not as much of a ramp up at that point. Going from 7 to 8 is pretty brutal so the rest is kind of whatever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Alton rated da bomb as hot but not tasty, i have a pic of his re-order

I'd trust Altons palate over anyone ever on that show or food/show business.
d72f82eba6295d5697be6020318fc918.png

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Alton rated da bomb as hot but not tasty, i have a pic of his re-order

I'd trust Altons palate over anyone ever on that show or food/show business.
d72f82eba6295d5697be6020318fc918.png

It's not exactly about palate though, it's about show production and the animal reaction that people have. In such a case, Alton Brown's palate can be seen as irrelevant. Da Bomb isn't in there to taste good or bad to a connoisseur. It's in there to make the show work on the average layman celebrity. Stop being a low-tier Asian.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Also, the current season doesn't use most of those anymore. They've already said they're probably always going to use Da Bomb every season specifically because of the reaction.

• 2Like