Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Going to be some pretty big comedic shoes to fill, there.
Not necessarily, half of Holt's stuff was just being a straight man to the zaniness around him. The dude from Fringe would be a nice "clone" of Holt, but I can only imagine they're going to diverge from replacing him with someone with so many similarities to Andre Braugher though. (delivery method, general look [besides height], etc)

Honestly, I'd love to see (and he was a comedian before SVU) is Richard Belzer. Would allow a complete shift in character from Holt - can be serious, comedic, or maudlin pretty damn well. We really don't need two Holts since Holt is still going to be on the show.

[And wow, following up on the muse - Richard Belzer apparently left SVU after last season - so he'd be free to in theory!]

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
More likely it is just someone temporary for a couple of episodes, since Holt and Gina can't both be leaving the show at the same time. Particularly not so abruptly and with no send off. I'd imagine we'll see Gina working for Holt in a different office for a bit until he gets transferred back. Hopefully because he's so terrible at public relations.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I was going to ask if holt was still on the cast for next season.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not necessarily, half of Holt's stuff was just being a straight man to the zaniness around him. The dude from Fringe would be a nice "clone" of Holt, but I can only imagine they're going to diverge from replacing him with someone with so many similarities to Andre Braugher though. (delivery method, general look [besides height], etc)

Honestly, I'd love to see (and he was a comedian before SVU) is Richard Belzer. Would allow a complete shift in character from Holt - can be serious, comedic, or maudlin pretty damn well. We really don't need two Holts since Holt is still going to be on the show.

[And wow, following up on the muse - Richard Belzer apparently left SVU after last season - so he'd be free to in theory!]
You are a God damned fool. Holt has been amazing this entire season. You might as well be saying anyone could play anyone. I hope you get a stye on your eyelid.

spronk

FPS noob
my understanding is that holt and gina are still on the show and will be shown separately for a few episodes (at least), i suspect the whole thing is an elaborate holt halloween prank

terry crews was also on fallon a few nights ago and mentioned someone leaving, at the beginning of the episode i thought he meant the vending machine
frown.png

Vaclav

You are a God damned fool. Holt has been amazing this entire season. You might as well be saying anyone could play anyone. I hope you get a stye on your eyelid.
Holt IS amazing - but much of it is via being a straight man.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
my understanding is that holt and gina are still on the show and will be shown separately for a few episodes (at least), i suspect the whole thing is an elaborate holt halloween prank

terry crews was also on fallon a few nights ago and mentioned someone leaving, at the beginning of the episode i thought he meant the vending machine
frown.png
Halloween prank doesn't make sense because piralta didn't know about it till the end. It would have to be a prank on terry and gina, and that makes no sense. I think it's more likely he's got wheels in motion to get the best of the old grackle.

The guide said the same thing about someone leaving, and that's what I thought too. Maybe it's an elaborate halloween prank on the viewers.

Rimshot.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, it's not because he's the straight man. Straight man just reacts to the goofy people around him. He's been great because he has an amazing flat/dry delivery and perfect timing. It makes him good as the straight man sometimes, but it's what makes him so good no matter what. Look at all his interactions with Wuntch. He's not dealing with someone wacky and over the top, and he's still absolutely hilarious. All the cloven hoof shit etc.

It's just a great character that was castperfectlyand I will be seriously bummed if the promotion isn't just a temporary thing. The character works with everyone on the cast, and when he's with Jake it's by far the best moments of the show.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Grimmlock, think of other straight men and compare him to them. Abbot, Laurel, Dean Martin, Teller, Graham Chapman (from monty python, I never could remember his name). All of these guys fit into the Holt mold you described.

Vaclav

Did you both just stop at the first sentence?
I think it just depends on your definition of a straight man - I think we've got a different one, bro. All on the same page, just different phrasing.

Let's hug it out.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Did you both just stop at the first sentence?
What part of me telling you to apply your definition (which didn't occur in the first sentence) makes you think I was unaware of the rest of the words? I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but if you consider the great straight men in history I think it might change your mind a little.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
It is back! Fun episode as usual.

Kinda hoping they change Captains each week for a while and bring Holt back. Though I think the Vulture will be around for awhile.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've never seen an episode of this and I never see or hear much about it outside of this thread. I think I'll watch a couple episodes and try it out.