Brooklyn Nine-Nine

spronk

FPS noob
The show is actually owned by NBCUniversal but airs on Fox, so there is a small chance someone else could pick it up. I just don't see however NBC selling a TV show to Netflix or Amazon, so I think the chances of this getting picked up elsewhere -- basically NBC or a cable TV network like TBS -- are much smaller than something like The Expanse, which is owned by Alcon (Blade Runner 2049, new Dune) and could be fully packaged up for Amazon/Netflix. Also the issue with B99 is who owns the previously aired seasons, if Fox owns streaming rights for 1-5 then it is much harder to sell as a package.

I just hope Terry Crews gets the lead in a new show, he should be the star of an action comedy show like Lethal Weapon or Police Squad or something.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well this sucks, I really like b99, but honestly it was getting a little less funnier over the years to me, the entire cast has been great though hope they all get picked up for other stuff.

Speaking of Lethal weapon, they just fired "Riggs".
'Lethal Weapon' Star Clayne Crawford Out as Producers Scramble to Recast

I liked Lethal Weapon. As far as a remake it was one of the good ones. However, this show is dead without Riggs. It's either that or they just modify the series and bring in the Lorna Cole character as a replacement. Even then, it won't be the same.

Siliconemelons

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just saw the first two episodes, not bad nothing amazing and I really, really, really hate Chelsea P and she's still on the show but I guess she's gonna move off it soon? I wonder if the ratings will justify keeping it around a long time, the cast has got to start getting a bit expensive
'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gets biggest ratings in 2 years after NBC move

Yeah, she's out now. So far I have really enjoyed the NBC season. Hope it stays around a while. Although I also wonder how long the writing can keep up the joke and comedy pacing ths show has.

The episode about young Hitchcock and Sculley I loved.. And now will have "Beaver Trap" on the side of my creepy van opposite the Wizard on a horse side

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
This latest episode officially fucking ruined the show. It wasn't funny, and it wasn't internally consistent. Sexual harassment is a big issue, guys! Except when Gina does it to Terry for seasons. Except when Amy kisses Jake out of nowhere. See, Jake punching the author that called Holt a homo was funny and internally consistent. Experiencing and viewing the discrimination Holt went through feels organic and isn't hamfisted. This episode is terrible. This, along with the racism episode, have not and will not age well.

The worst fucking line of the entire episode was when the attacked girl goes "they'll never convict him on my word alone. The system is broken." What the fuck do you want? Them to convict people on your word alone? This is actually how these people think.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
I was pretty triggered on the IT stuff before I figured it out. I was like how are they using ARP and the OSI model but not know what it fucking does. Halfway thru I caught on and a wave of relief washed over me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I was pretty triggered on the IT stuff before I figured it out. I was like how are they using ARP and the OSI model but not know what it fucking does. Halfway thru I caught on and a wave of relief washed over me.

Yeah from the start I was like "none of those terms were used right, but eh TV show" then yeah was like lulz

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So three episodes in to season 7 and it's still pretty damn funny. Like yeah we know the writers are a bunch of SJW cunts, but aside from that awful sexual harassment episode it rarely interferes with the humor. I mostly find it funny when they try to mock what im sure they think are "alt-right" terms by having Hitchcock and Scully use them.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Aaaand, they shit the bed again with hamfisted illegal immigration stuff, didn't even fit in with the episode they just had to tack it on

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Show has been funny all season long without any activity in the thread, but the SJW writers get off the leash for a single episode and immediate REEEE time.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Yeah, the illegal crap was tacked on and completely stupid- however the rest was hilarious and top tier.